Dundee United v Ross County Wednesday 26 January

Though Jack Baldwin and Nicky Clark in their own ways changed the game. Clark, who I've silently cursed many times and did last night again due to some of his distribution, cooling getting his two goals was an obvious one, Baldwin took hold of midfield for County where they'd struggled with Harry Paton in the first half. He gets quite a few booking though, doesn't he? Obviously Regan Charles-Cook is on a streak just now as well.

McNulty looked poor, but most of what he does well, he has to make for himself. Both him and Niskanen look for space, but our midfielders never appear to see them. Freeman was good too going forward, but his defensive game needs attention.

Couple of fine stops from Seigrist, nonetheless he has a tendency to keep the ball alive for the opposition, which contributed to Saturday's goal for Killie and RCC's strike tonight.

Watt has the intelligence and strength to make a very positive contribution, but, as @Steven W writes on the United thread, it's a mystery as to why Declan Glass isn't getting minutes, or even Archie Meekison.

Finally, County's Drysdale need to have a good think to himself after his performance.

Dysdale is on Coll Donaldson form.

2 penalties conceded, 1 goal directly his fault costing us a point (or an undeserved three) and a spot in the next round of the cup.

It's annoying as that aside, he's generally an zsizeable upgrade on Watson.

1 minute ago, Comrie said:

Dysdale is on Coll Donaldson form.

2 penalties conceded, 1 goal directly his fault costing us a point (or an undeserved three) and a spot in the next round of the cup.

It's annoying as that aside, he's generally an zsizeable upgrade on Watson.

Baldwin had a poor start when he came in giving away ridiculous goals, I'm hoping Drysdale has a similar turnaround. 

2 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

Baldwin had a poor start when he came in giving away ridiculous goals, I'm hoping Drysdale has a similar turnaround. 

Baldwin was starting look a competent defender so I’m not sure what he done to merit being dropped. I’d have him back in for Saturday and it would be a toss of a coin as to who I’d have beside him as Iacovitti was equally shambolic as Drysdale at times last night.

6 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

Baldwin was starting look a competent defender so I’m not sure what he done to merit being dropped. I’d have him back in for Saturday and it would be a toss of a coin as to who I’d have beside him as Iacovitti was equally shambolic as Drysdale at times last night.

Our sqauds biggest issue is conceding late goals, to me that comes down to the manager and his tactical decisions. However Drysdale being at fault for both goals merits him being dropped surely. Iacovitti is a bombscare but we know that already. I can't believe that we've brought in these players and still Keith Watson is probably the safest centre back partner for Baldwin that we have.

7 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

I thought Drysdale wasn't that bad the two incidents aside whereas Iacovitti was a complete and utter mess. Couldn't pass, was positionally all over the place and his attempt at running out from the back with the ball was a disaster.

Paton was just as bad as the pair of them.

I watched some of this on Alba and could only despair that this was Scotland's top division football, albeit at the erse end. Hardly one passing movement that lasted more than three touches and a lack of control of the ball that was sometimes embarrassing.