The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

3 hours ago, Thorongil said:

Anyway, things seem to be going in the right direction, which is pleasing.

Yeah children getting their genitals inspected is sure 'going in the right direction'.  

Does that get you off? 

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

Goes right down to kindergarten (age 5) level. 

Anyone who thinks that is a normal 'solution' is an unashamed pedophile.  

56 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

F**k me. In 1996 I was refereeing a U-12 Girls football match. I’d been warned this one team was a bit off, but I wasn’t ready for this. At halftime the coach and three parents came over to me and said “We think that’s a boy in goal for the other team. We’d like to have one of our parents go with them to the bathroom to check.” This was said with a straight face. I looked at the coach and said, “I’m blowing this whistle in 5 minutes, your team lines up or forfeits.” (they were ahead)

Five minutes later they refused to line up for the second half (I had warned the coach of the other team, and the parents of the poor keeper), so I called the match and declared a forfeit. I phoned the league and head referee immediately to report this, and by that night, the coach was expelled from the league, and all the parents got a phone call. Three parents stood by their position, and they were banned from all league matches, but their children were free to play.

I guess I should have asked which bathroom they planned to use and the gender of the inspecting parent.

4 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The bill stops trans women competing in woman’s events at school and college?

It didn’t have anything in it about making it legal to interfere with 5 year old weans. Twitter is depraved.

No, it absolutely does go down to 5 year old weans, try again. 

https://apnews.com/article/transgender-athletes-ban-kansas-08604c663518fb2538565f3e1ac3d4ba

On 06/04/2023 at 07:33, carpetmonster said:

No, it absolutely does go down to 5 year old weans, try again. 

https://apnews.com/article/transgender-athletes-ban-kansas-08604c663518fb2538565f3e1ac3d4ba

Reading that article it states that trans are banned from women's sports from kindergarden.  Nothing to say that this isn't achieved by inspecting birth certificates rather than genitalia.

7 minutes ago, strichener said:

Reading that article it states that trans are banned from women's sports from kindergarden.  Nothing to say that this isn't achieved by inspecting birth certificates rather than genitalia.

Prior to the veto being overturned, Republican Barbara Wasinger, who brought the bill forward, was asked to explain during a house meeting how the legislation would be enforced. 

According to Buzzfeed News, she said this would be done during a student’s “sports physical” but when pressed if this would mean a genital inspection, she said she was unable to recall.

https://www.thepinknews.com/2023/04/06/kansas-trans-sport-ban-genital-inspection/

8 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Prior to the veto being overturned, Republican Barbara Wasinger, who brought the bill forward, was asked to explain during a house meeting how the legislation would be enforced. 

According to Buzzfeed News, she said this would be done during a student’s “sports physical” but when pressed if this would mean a genital inspection, she said she was unable to recall.

https://www.thepinknews.com/2023/04/06/kansas-trans-sport-ban-genital-inspection/

Republican speak for "yes, but fucked if I'm admitting it" 

Gender Criticals and conservatives in general are absolutely AFTW 

8 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

"According to Buzzfeed", is as credible as "I read on Twitter".

The bit they didn't quote from the same article.

"Sports physicals are done for every athlete participating in schools sports. Every child in Kansas must provide a birth certificate to attend school in Kansas. Both should be enough for any student."

26 minutes ago, strichener said:

"According to Buzzfeed", is as credible as "I read on Twitter".

The bit they didn't quote from the same article.

Buzzfeed is no worse than many news outlets and a damn sight better than half the British press. They got a Pulitzer in 2021. 

"I can't recall"......"should be".....it's not a 'no, we're definitely not checking 5 year olds' genitals' is it?

Edited by carpetmonster