2022 NFL Draft

lichtie23

Linderbaum. I had him going to Tenn a pick later because it seemed like a natural match. Wonder if Tenn picks up Johnson? Can't see him sliding much further.

Well nope, because they've just backed out of the spot an NYJ are on the clock. Have to think they're after JJII

Edited by Boo Khaki

Oh well, 25 of the 32 I had in the PFF mock went in the 1st. I think that's ok since I was doing a no 'trades/shockers' mock.

Not much in the way of outstanding talent left in the pool, but the top of the 2nd should still be interesting with Willis and a few decent Edge players still on the board. Might be the right time for teams to start talking about Baker Mayfield as well. Seattle has #40 and #41, so I wonder if they'll pitch one of those along with their 3rd rounder to Cleveland?

Edited by Boo Khaki

Good Draft for Interior OLinemen. I count 5 if you include Tyler Smith as a Guard.

Brilliant looking Draft for Ravens, Jets and Lions. 

Dare I say it, as absolute shocker from the Packers with the consensus 3/4th best LB and Domestic Abuser at DT.

Personally I think the Jags have had a dreadful Off-season.

Happy with a CB in the first for Buffalo, was either that or WR and the run on WRs made it an easier choice. 

GM said that the trade up 2 places was because Elam was the last guy they had a first round grade on. 

Also had to check this video of the Rams reacting to NE's pick wasn't a deep fake 

Strange is the big headscratcher. Everyone goes 'oh its the Pats, they take their guys where they like', but you have to wonder why they're taking a guy in the 1st that nobody was talking about as being more than a 3rd round pick. Hard to think he wouldn't have been there in the middle of the 2nd if they wanted him, and as much as he's a coaching legend, one of the things you can absolutely pick fault with is Belichick's drafting down the years.

32 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Personally I think the Jags have had a dreadful Off-season.

Just getting shot of Meyer was a positive move, but hiring him in the first place is a symptom of generally being a clueless franchise that can't get out of their own way. I think they are making a typical Jax move in taking Walker over Hutchinson, in that it's far more likely to blow up in their faces, and also, some of the moves they've made this offseason are really questionable, but that in itself isn't unusual for teams that have money to spend and next to no talent on the roster. They have to overpay to get even middling guys to sign, Chargers went through it when John Butler came in after the last few years of being run into the ground by Bobby Beathard. We were throwing money at middling Free Agents because the roster was completely devoid of any sort of talent.

6 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Strange is the big headscratcher. Everyone goes 'oh its the Pats, they take their guys where they like', but you have to wonder why they're taking a guy in the 1st that nobody was talking about as being more than a 3rd round pick. Hard to think he wouldn't have been there in the middle of the 2nd if they wanted him, and as much as he's a coaching legend, one of the things you can absolutely pick fault with is Belichick's drafting down the years.

I was hoping Strange might be there for the Bears at pick 71

Happy with a CB in the first for Buffalo, was either that or WR and the run on WRs made it an easier choice. 
GM said that the trade up 2 places was because Elam was the last guy they had a first round grade on. 
Also had to check this video of the Rams reacting to NE's pick wasn't a deep fake 

Random fact, Patriots pick Cole Strange was at UTC Chattanooga, where a lass that was a member at Bishopbriggs is on the golf team.

22 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

When was the last time only 1 QB went in the first round?

Can't say I'm familiar with either of the Saints' picks, but will trust the team to have made the right choice.

2013 when the Bills inexplicably wasted the #16 pick on EJ Manuel.

That really was one of the poorest QB classes of all time. A few career back-ups in Geno Smith, Mike Glennon, and Matt Barkley, and virtually nothing else.

As far as NO goes, I think you got a couple of players that could be boom or bust. Olave is seriously quick, so he could turn into a terror on deep routes, but there are questions about every other aspect of his skillset. Penning is a big raw mauler who has a nasty streak, but that rawness means he might struggle if he's pitched into the deep end early on. If he figures out the finer points of playing OT he could develop into a really special OT.

Edited by Boo Khaki

1996 was another really weak draft for QB's, but I'd forgotten all about that because the draft before it was QB-heavy. McNair, Kerry Collins, Kordell Stewart in 1995, then back to another lousy class in 1997 with Jake Plummer the only guy who really did anything of note in the pros.

Those were really weird drafts because they were stacked with future all-pro and HoF players at skill positions and trenches, but just really lacking in QB talent. McNair was by far the best QB in a three-four year span, then you had Manning in '98, then McNabb and Culpepper in '99

Should probably add that it wasn't strictly a total dearth of talent, because Ryan Leaf should have been a HoF calibre player on a par with Manning and Brady. He had all the talent and tools in the world. He had a massive arm, was mobile by the standards of the day, and he could make all the sorts of hollywood passes you see Mahomes make now, underhand stuff etc, he was just completely immature, undiagnosed Bipolar, and completely mentally unready and unprepared to be an NFL player.

Edited by Boo Khaki

55 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

1996 was another really weak draft for QB's, but I'd forgotten all about that because the draft before it was QB-heavy. McNair, Kerry Collins, Kordell Stewart in 1995, then back to another lousy class in 1997 with Jake Plummer the only guy who really did anything of note in the pros.

Those were really weird drafts because they were stacked with future all-pro and HoF players at skill positions and trenches, but just really lacking in QB talent. McNair was by far the best QB in a three-four year span, then you had Manning in '98, then McNabb and Culpepper in '99

Should probably add that it wasn't strictly a total dearth of talent, because Ryan Leaf should have been a HoF calibre player on a par with Manning and Brady. He had all the talent and tools in the world. He had a massive arm, was mobile by the standards of the day, and he could make all the sorts of hollywood passes you see Mahomes make now, underhand stuff etc, he was just completely immature, undiagnosed Bipolar, and completely mentally unready and unprepared to be an NFL player.

Seen Leaf on the Rich Eisen show and doing some of the sky games and he comes across really well now. Totally honest about his mistakes and accepts it was all his fault.