Sons vs Cove 29.01.22

I think it has to be. If its like this at 3pm then its unplayable. Its not just the odd gust - we've got pretty constant strong winds and have had all night. Things are supposed to ease off a little nearer kick-off time. The weather warning is active until 3pm this afternoon for us. A ref could make the decision early and call it off but come 3pm it could be absolutely fine. On the other hand the game ref could see how bad things are around 2:30 and then call it off. There would be criticism if it was called off too early and the conditions improved or too late and fans were in the ground.

If it goes ahead it'll be farcical in this wind. Normally that might be a leveller for teams like us but on previous evidence we are unable to keep the ball on the deck despite Paddy Boyle's protestations. If it goes ahead I think I'll crack a can and watch from the warmth of my own home. 

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It also becomes complicated when you're best tactic is to launch to at a 6ft5 guy and hope for the best. 

Yeah, I was about to make that point. Would be fine if our main play was to the big striker. I also have the fear the Sam Ramsbottom could be the player to score the most (own)goals in this match.

The peado chat is horrific from both fans but it's a much better atmosphere with the away fans in next to the wee guys. 

It's not the worst game given the conditions, Paton playing well. Duthie is up and down the park, that guy has some engine. Looked a penalty but I'm a fair distance away. We're fluffing the clearances a bit but I'm happy so far with the manner and dig from the sons. Cove don't appear to like a scrappy game. 

Well that's about as well as you can play into a 20mph wind. Really pleased with our performance, we've not given Cove a minute on the ball and we've created a few openings ourselves. MacLean doing what he should do every week in terrorising defenders and not getting involved in anything silly. He and Oyinsan look a good pairing up top. Paton and Carswell have been great in the midfield battle too. More of the same in the second half, and hopefully Wylde is told to shot on sight with this wind behind him.

7 minutes ago, the snudge said:

The peado chat is horrific from both fans but it's a much better atmosphere with the away fans in next to the wee guys. 

It's not the worst game given the conditions, Paton playing well. Duthie is up and down the park, that guy has some engine. Looked a penalty but I'm a fair distance away. We're fluffing the clearances a bit but I'm happy so far with the manner and dig from the sons. Cove don't appear to like a scrappy game. 

Paedo chat?