Hibs vs Hearts 2022-02-02: The (Chinese) New Year derby

39 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

We get a new year derby after all as we meet on day one of the year of the tiger

Will Hibs get mauled?. Will Shawn Maloney earn his stripes? Will John Souttar’s agent have found an escape claws? Can I think of any more crap tiger puns?

Stay tuned

If not, then I shere khan.

In terms of the game's importance to the clubs, it feels much bigger for Hibs.  We're no quite home and dry in 3rd yet but we could afford a loss in points terms, though obviously any defeat to Hibs and the Robbie Out undercurrent comes right back to the surface.  

Hibs not only need the points but Maloney needs a statement performance at some point or minor unease could turn a lot worse if we administer a pumping.

Hoping we go there and play to win from the off.  Slow starts have been quite common though.

1-2 Hearts

I honestly think yesterday's performance wasn't awful, we just conceded two of the shittest goals I've ever witnessed for the first two. Albeit our second was in itself a howler for Livi.

Hearts just appear more clinical at the moment and as said are fairly comfortable in third place. I think that makes it fairly easy for them to hit us on the counter, especially if we're committing forward in numbers to help play the possession based game.

Every game I've been to since the first Livi game of the season has either been an awful performance or ended badly for us, and with this completing a hat-trick of games that started at Cove Rangers I'm not hopeful of anything beyond the roasters in the rows behind being slightly less looney tunes than the fud behind me yesterday. 

My main concern ahead of the game is that our defence is likely to made up of players that have hardly played together, especially if Souttar leaves and with Halkett and Smith out injured. We're probably looking at a back 3 of Moore, Sibbick and Kingsley. They did ok in the 2nd half against Motherwell, but it's probably a weak point.

Our midfield and attacking options by contrast are very strong, hoping that we get a 90 minute performance and a 2-0 win.

12 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

My main concern ahead of the game is that our defence is likely to made up of players that have hardly played together, especially if Souttar leaves and with Halkett and Smith out injured. We're probably looking at a back 3 of Moore, Sibbick and Kingsley. They did ok in the 2nd half against Motherwell, but it's probably a weak point.

Our midfield and attacking options by contrast are very strong, hoping that we get a 90 minute performance and a 2-0 win.

A lot may depend on whether Souttar is still here, and has recovered from the knock he picked up.

I'd definitely be thinking about brining in Sibbock for Moore.

Very little went right for Devlin yesterday, yet he ended up with an assist and a pre-assist - there's an argument for bringing in Haring, but resting Devlin could reduce the level of energy on our team.

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

We get a new year derby after all as we meet on day one of the year of the tiger

Will Hibs get mauled?. Will Shawn Maloney earn his stripes? Will John Souttar’s agent have found an escape claws? Can I think of any more crap tiger puns?

Stay tuned

If the pitch is too Mud-dy will the players struggle to stay on their tiger feet?