Hibs vs Hearts 2022-02-02: The (Chinese) New Year derby

7 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

The keeper had a decent game, but I think they're going a bit OTT.

Simms makes the first one-on-one easy with the height of his shot, and I think if either of the other two had gone in, he'd have been criticised. He also spilled the Boyce shot straight to Simms in the first half when he could have scored.

It looked from my seat that for pretty much all of the saves he made other than the one on one that he blocked that he could have held but from better camera angles he did pretty well with all of them.

I get what you’re saying but if Matt Macey had played Hearts go home with the points.

9 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Just watched the highlights as was out earlier, decent game by the looks of them.

Hearts appear to have edged the chances, some good football and probably should have had at least 1 pen from 2 really good shouts (Rangers get them both emoji39.png).

Neilson deserves a fair amount of credit, Hearts are a decent side, especially for first season up. For me comfortably best of the rest and play some pretty good stuff.

Recruitment has been right for the first time in years.

Can't argue with what Robbie has done this year. Strolling the first season up.

18 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Thought we did pretty well to be honest. 

Hearts? A better bench than us is about all I would say.

Porteous absolutely pissed that match and big keV should be in on Saturday.

We were poor, but still the better team with the most chances. I've obviously underestimated how bad Hibs have been recently if that was doing well.

The stuff about us going there and delivering a scudding was always way overhyped. There's a bit of a gap between the teams but not a massive one. 

It would be good if we could stop starting games really shitely. The first 25 was hideous and Hibs were well on top. Once things settled down we started playing in their half and creating chances but the sloppiness never fully left us. Frustrating result, but Hibs could have snatched it at the end and everyone else drew so it's not the worst.

Impressed by Simms who was a constant threat after a poor first half hour where he couldn't trap a bag of cement. Atkinson had some dodgy moments and took a while to get going but looks promising and clearly offers something different to Smith, could have had a very good assist in the first half if Boyce hadn't been sleeping. Sibbick was very good. Other than that, meh.

3 minutes ago, DC92 said:

It would be good if we could stop starting games really shitely. The first 25 was hideous and Hibs were well on top. Once things settled down we started playing in their half and creating chances but the sloppiness never fully left us. Frustrating result, but Hibs could have snatched it at the end and everyone else drew so it's not the worst.

Agree about our starts. It's a real habit with Robbie and it's not fun.

Having said that, I thought Hibs were always likely to come out the blocks quickly tonight and Hearts actually handled it ok. Hibs had a couple of crosses from which they were offside and not really much else. Up until the last few minutes Hearts created the only real chances and put together the more fluid attacks.

The first 25 was one of those weird passages of play where it feels like one team is on top, but when you stop and think you realise they've done nothing.

Overall a bit disappointing, but the point does us fine and we carry on.

3 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

Billy Boys got a good few renditions. We clearly won the moral victory.

Big Dabz crossing himself vociferously on the final whistle. Top windupery 

I've seen Dabrowski play twice (Cowdenbeath vs Queen's Park was the other one), and both times he's deliberately wound up the opposing fans at the final whistle. I approve.

Edited by Aim Here

Don't think we were particularly good tbh but battled well and showed a bit more than some of the shite recently. Newall had his best game in a long time, matched Beningame pretty well, Doyle-Hayes not so much but better than recently. Mueller looked to have a good relationship with Cadden and carried well but needs to get his head up. Doig looked a lot better and Mitchell was handy again as well

Made some really good openings especially in the first half but the confidence just isn't there and the Campbell chance at the end aside think our only shots on target were from distance. 

My brother was joking that we let Murphy go for nothing in the same way in Moneyball they get rid of their shite so the coach stops picking them. Wish we could do the same with Wright. 

Hearts looked good in patches but not the light-years ahead of us I expected tbh. Simms and Sibbick seem good signings, Beni and Devlin are both excellent wee pests in the middle.