Winter Olympics Beijing 2022

Bully Wee Villa

7 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

BBC not showing the curling again? Ski Jumping which has as far as I can tell, no GB interest instead. Brutal considering this is a marquee match.

Was just looking for that on iPlayer.  It's on Eurosport player but I think you need a subscription to watch.

ETA it's on iPlayer now.

Edited by Left Back

I’ve never been convinced Muirhead has it in this company, the opening five ends of this haven’t acted massively against that. I’m not sure the Canadians are actually playing that well either.
They aren't, but their skip has played brilliantly. They've also had a few lucky breaks with stones just managing to hang on the edge of the rings.

All bar the Canadian skip have played average at best and that’s reflected in the score. Just can’t see how we can get 3 here based on what’s happened before.

The Canadian nicking one when it could have quite easily went 4 to us was the swing.

36 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Muirhead and co almost certainly need to win their last 3 now. There’s an outside chance 5-4 would be enough but they’ll need all kinds of help for that.

Cant see them beating Japan tbh. 

To be honest all three remaining matches are definitely winable - including Japan.  Problem was throwing away good positions v Switzerland and S Korea.

Quite a number of matches between the top teams remaining so not a stretch to think 5-4 could take them through.....however, I do believe they will win all three.

29 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

To be honest all three remaining matches are definitely winable - including Japan.  Problem was throwing away good positions v Switzerland and S Korea.

Quite a number of matches between the top teams remaining so not a stretch to think 5-4 could take them through.....however, I do believe they will win all three.

There’s actually a scenario where even 6-3 isn’t enough. It involves a 4-way tie with Canada, Japan and Switzerland for three places (with Sweden topping the group at 7-2)

Rather annoyingly this scenario happens if every remaining game goes according to world ranking, so we are relying on someone springing a bit of an upset even if we win our games out. 

Muirhead and co almost certainly need to win their last 3 now. There’s an outside chance 5-4 would be enough but they’ll need all kinds of help for that.

Cant see them beating Japan tbh. 
I can't see them winning all 3 tbh, they just aren't playing well enough.

8 minutes ago, Donathan said:

There’s actually a scenario where even 6-3 isn’t enough. It involves a 4-way tie with Canada, Japan and Switzerland for three places (with Sweden topping the group at 7-2)

Rather annoyingly this scenario happens if every remaining game goes according to world ranking, so we are relying on someone springing a bit of an upset even if we win our games out. 

In that scenario would they not be above Japan - as to win all three we must beat Japan and therefore would be ahead on the ahem head-to-head

11 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

In that scenario would they not be above Japan - as to win all three we must beat Japan and therefore would be ahead on the ahem head-to-head

In that 4 way tie, we are 1-2 H2H and so are Canada. The other two are 2-1 so would be 2nd and 3rd in the standings. Then the last spot goes to Canada since they beat us.