Queen's Park 1 Dumbarton 1

Just now, qpfc said:

So who exactly that played tonight in the qp lineup tonight are getting paid 4 figures by the club? 🤣🤣

I'd imagine Luis Longstaff is to be fair. Maybe not entirely by QP, but I can't see Liverpool paying someone £700 p/w.

6 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

I don't really have much to add to what other people have already said (don't think we were anywhere near good enough tonight, but still the better side overall). Just wanted to say that I'm a big fan of the bitterness and seethe in this post though, it's excellent.

I would nt say seethe, more disappointment. Nor would I say you guys were better but it’s all a matter of opinions they’re like noses

st the end of the day yous scored more so fair enough but we have and will play much more poorly and win and I expected much much more of qp. Timewasting from the hour and us out battling you for large spells isn’t what I expected. I also would expect you to get hounded in a play off unless there’s big changes., genuine question and no goading here but why was Ellis given the bullet? Can’t have been playing worse surely???

4 minutes ago, Bogheidman said:

I would nt say seethe, more disappointment. Nor would I say you guys were better but it’s all a matter of opinions they’re like noses

st the end of the day yous scored more so fair enough but we have and will play much more poorly and win and I expected much much more of qp. Timewasting from the hour and us out battling you for large spells isn’t what I expected. I also would expect you to get hounded in a play off unless there’s big changes., genuine question and no goading here but why was Ellis given the bullet? Can’t have been playing worse surely???

Time-wasting is fine with me, we’ve not won in so long and for once we seen the game out professionally. Every team does this and if I’m not mistaken, from what I’ve read, Dumbarton are fairly notorious for time wasting this campaign? It’s obviously frustrating when it’s against you but you’ll absolutely take it when holding a lead 

Ellis was sacked because quite simply we weren’t winning games from a fairly experienced squad that are full time on very decent wages. We haven’t been on any scintillating form since the sacking by any means but we have our director of football as caretaker which for any club, it’s hardly going to change the fortunes of the club in any upwards trajectory 

20 minutes ago, Bogheidman said:

Longstaff for one. For the budgets difference being worlds apart I’d have expected to see a gulf between the teams tonight which there defo wasn’t

So the best player on the park?

TBF I don’t know if he’ll be on 4 figures and we certainly won’t be paying that. We pay good money but not great money. 

7 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Time-wasting is fine with me, we’ve not won in so long and for once we seen the game out professionally. Every team does this and if I’m not mistaken, from what I’ve read, Dumbarton are fairly notorious for time wasting this campaign? It’s obviously frustrating when it’s against you but you’ll absolutely take it when holding a lead 

Ellis was sacked because quite simply we weren’t winning games from a fairly experienced squad that are full time on very decent wages. We haven’t been on any scintillating form since the sacking by any means but we have our director of football as caretaker which for any club, it’s hardly going to change the fortunes of the club in any upwards trajectory 

Fair play for the reply. Oh I should clear it up I don’t begrudge QP their timewasting, we would totally do it too in that situation. I just would have expected with the wages and difference in squad for you guys to not need to do it.,  shows how wel we competed tonight I suppose

thsts interesting,I suppose winning games is what it’s all about. Big pressure on the new man coming in to get that squad who as you say on very decent full time wages winning games wel. Very poor standard from Queens tonight I would say

2 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

So the best player on the park?

TBF I don’t know if he’ll be on 4 figures and we certainly won’t be paying that. We pay good money but not great money. 

I’d expect him to be the best for that money. Good finish for the second goal I have to admit

fair enough if that’s what you want to believe but good money is one thing, the wages some of your guys are on is great money for a fact for this level 

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

He is right tho. The player came back from an offside position and touched the ball in his own half. Free kick is taken from where he touched it. As daft as it is  that just so happened to be in our half

Bloody hell that's riddy for me! Genuinely thought it's where he was standing when offside that the kick should be taken from. 

Edited by the snudge

Guest TedCrilly

Not that it matters but is Liam Brown not on a hefty wage? I heard in the summer we offered him a contract only for QP to blow us (Falkirk) out of the water (around 3x). No problem with that at all as he is someone I rate highly and would be a player who is worth investing in.

17 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

Not that it matters but is Liam Brown not on a hefty wage? I heard in the summer we offered him a contract only for QP to blow us (Falkirk) out of the water (around 3x). No problem with that at all as he is someone I rate highly and would be a player who is worth investing in.

I wouldn’t imagine he’ll be on as much as griffiths 🤔

Why are you guys so adamant none of your players are on 4 figures? Is there anyone who actually knows anything factual or is it just denial at how badly (relative to expectations) you guys are doing if you are paying a couple of the guys that well?

Given the amount of changes and the obvious money being thrown about in your bid to come up last year etc. In addition to the guys dropping from the Championship to join, it wouldn't be a massive surprise if a few were offered that kind of money surely?