Dundee United v Motherwell. Wednesday 9th February 7.45

I assume that there is no love lost between Mugabi and Watt, or am I reading too much into that tussle they had in the 2nd half?
I thought it was just Watt being a gobby shite (not complaining btw, I loved that when he played for us) and Mugabi just "letting him know he was there".

Enjoyed that. First time I can say that since the last Motherwell game at Tannadice probably. Even game overall but just nice to see us playing some genuine attacking football, in spells anyway. The Watt and Burrows verbals on the touchline is cinch as f**k. More of this sort of thing.

Was too knackered when I got in last night - but was a pretty routine loss and we can have no complaints whatsoever about it. We started well, and over the course of the first half had more than enough opportunities to score and if you don't, you know what's coming next. 

The 2nd half was *really* poor - Celtic game aside, it felt like the worst since the break and our heads went down completely when Watt did what our forwards failed to do all night and take his chance when it came along (I thought he was well handled throughout the game before that).

Watt could possibly have been slightly less of a dick when he scored - but he'd been getting booed all night, so it was fair enough and it wasn't over the top. It's not quite on the Scott McDonald at Celtic end of the scale but he'll not be type of ex-player that gets sickeningly clapped off when he's subbed at Fir Park.

Overall - the loss of Watt might well have fucked our season - well done lads.

52 minutes ago, Swello said:

Overall - the loss of Watt might well have fucked our season - well done lads.

Sadly it is starting to very much look that way.

The wheels have come off what was a reasonably promising campaign. Granted we are playing the top end of the table teams, but right now I cannot see us beating those in the bottom half when we get around to it. 

9 hours ago, welldaft said:

Quite….

My whole point. Let that b a warning to you.

£10m losses is clearly acceptable to Arab fans. 

Not ‘acceptable’. At the end of the day it’s Ogren’s money. Doesn’t seem wise to believe you can actually make money from Scottish fitba, but fcuk all we can do about it.

9 minutes ago, ropy said:

Could have been 3 up before the opener but we weren’t.

I was asked for a Covid Vaccine passport, is that a Dundee thing?

I'll try not to be smart arsed this time. No, I've been at other grounds when it's been requested, but it's a sham, as there are no scanners to check them. You could shown any QR code, or in my son's case nothing at all (as his CV passport is showing 'Not Valid' for no apparent reason).

To the Tony Watt/Bevis Mugabi tangle: it looked like a wee play fight to me, I think they are pals. I never saw the Alan Burrows furore, but was he down on the touchline, and if so, why?

Reading 'well fans unhappy at their overall performance, but I though especially the first half they got in about United and looked to have something about them. The triple substitution did nothing for them though, although I sort of 'feared' van Veen when he came on and was surprised he never started. It's as though Alexander is unsure of his best combination.

Finally, what a duff performance from Alan Muir once again.

12 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Reading 'well fans unhappy at their overall performance, but I though especially the first half they got in about United and looked to have something about them. The triple substitution did nothing for them though, although I sort of 'feared' van Veen when he came on and was surprised he never started. It's as though Alexander is unsure of his best combination.

Don't, he's absolutely horse-shit. The only reason you need to fear Kevin Van Veen is if you're his team-mate and you get paid by the amount of touches of the ball you get, or if you're a blind guy sitting somewhere in the stand behind the goal and can't see the ball flying towards your face.

In fairness though, if that 2nd part applies to anyone then I'd sit somewhere else, as any number of Motherwell players could ensure no-one recognises you when you get home.

Edited by Al B

13 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

To the Tony Watt/Bevis Mugabi tangle: it looked like a wee play fight to me, I think they are pals. I never saw the Alan Burrows furore, but was he down on the touchline, and if so, why?

Alan never sits in the directors box as far as I'm aware.  He always watches the game from around the tunnel area.  He stands about 10 yards along from the tunnel for games at Fir Park.

Absolutely fair fucks to Tony, btw.  Reeling in a Chief Exec during the 90 minutes must be a new one for him.   He does what he always does, he's one of the best in the league at it.  Generally being a dick, winning fouls for next to nothing, winding every c**t up.  I can't criticise him for it now, as it was brilliant to watch in his two years in a Motherwell jersey.  

Don't, he's absolutely horse-shit. The only reason you need to fear Kevin Van Veen is if you're his team-mate and you get paid by the amount of touches of the ball you get, or if you're a blind guy sitting somewhere in the stand behind the goal and can't see the ball flying towards your face.
In fairness though, if that 2nd part applies to anyone then I'd sit somewhere else, as any number of Motherwell players could ensure no-one recognises you when you get home.
I'm gravitating further into the "KVV is shite" camp with each passing game.

He seems to get the benefit of the doubt because he's Dutch, a bit mental and did a few good things against Hibs (25 games ago). My view is that he's definitely talented but doesn't work hard enough and seems to take the huff when things don't go his way.

If he was Kevin Vincent from Scotland I'm sure a lot of our fans would have gave up on him some time ago.

4 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

If he was Kevin Vincent from Scotland I'm sure a lot of our fans would have gave up on him some time ago.

100%

He's 30 years old and has spent the last half-decade playing for fucking Scunthorpe.  Explains a lot.  

He's not very good. 

22 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

I'm gravitating further into the "KVV is shite" camp with each passing game.

He seems to get the benefit of the doubt because he's Dutch, a bit mental and did a few good things against Hibs (25 games ago). My view is that he's definitely talented but doesn't work hard enough and seems to take the huff when things don't go his way.

I just can't take to him at all, not even a wee bit. The most annoying thing is the way he constantly does that "hands together up to his face whilst going oooooh, with shocked eyes", that a great player might do if he'd cracked a volley bound for the top corner and the keeper does a full-stretch, tip the ball onto the crossbar dive. That reaction that just says...."fuuuuck that would have been awesome if he hadn't pulled that save off!!".

But with KVV it's more like "Ooooo that would have gone in if I hadn't smacked it off the defender", or "oooooh that was going straight in the top corner if the goal was over there" or "fuuuuuuck I can't believe that 7th defender managed to get a foot in the way!!" or "OMG I was just about to top bin that there if he hadn't somehow managed to shepherd me harmlessly out to the touchline!!"

He's not mercurial or a maverick, he's fucking bobbins and working on the basis that if you try something enough times, eventually one will come off that looks spectacular on a highlight reel when all the other pish is chopped out.

Edited by Al B

56 minutes ago, ropy said:

I was asked for a Covid Vaccine passport, is that a Dundee thing?

I got asked too - and when I pointed out to the steward that it's not required as the crowd will be nowhere near the required level, he said it was a "test" for future events - weird. He then proceeded to give me a pat down with some light knob touching (seemingly at no extra charge) - probably the highlight of the game for me.

57 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I'll try not to be smart arsed this time. No, I've been at other grounds when it's been requested, but it's a sham, as there are no scanners to check them. You could shown any QR code, or in my son's case nothing at all (as his CV passport is showing 'Not Valid' for no apparent reason).

Finally, what a duff performance from Alan Muir once again.

I didn’t expect a check in a sub 5000 crowd