Dundee United v Motherwell. Wednesday 9th February 7.45

22 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

It was basically predicated on Chris Cadden being able to run the length of the park over and over again, which was a good laugh.

Mad how Ben Hall looked like a classy youngster only to end up at fucking Linfield.

It was, and probably his best performance for us? He was unplayable that night.

What a performance that was!

Are there any highlights of that game kicking about?

Despite getting a point in Paisley, the last week was a bit of a write-off from the enjoyment point of view given we practiced the horrible formation we used against Celtic in the St Mirren game.

An absolute cast-iron doing like the one we took on Sunday is a good opportunity to reset things and I really hope GA takes it as very few players from the Celtic game could complain if their arse was caressing the bench at Tannadice on Wednesday (although we were set up to fail).  

Losing Watt has clearly weakened us in the short term, there's no hiding from that - but I'm looking forward to seeing Tierney again and looking forward to seeing Efford for the first time as I was 40 miles from Fir Park by the time he came on on Sunday.

Will be heading up for this and I'm not actually feeling too downbeat about it - we're well capable of taking something, even allowing for Watt's first goal for Utd.

1-1.

15 hours ago, Swello said:

Losing Watt has clearly weakened us in the short term, there's no hiding from that - but I'm looking forward to seeing Tierney again and looking forward to seeing Efford for the first time as I was 40 miles from Fir Park by the time he came on on Sunday.

I thought Efford looked bright the first 10 mins he was on but he then just sort of disappeared.   

Showed a bit of pace to get to the byline and fire a a cross in. Few minutes later he done a wee Cruyff turn and forced the first(only?) save from Joe Hart with a decent enough strike that won us a corner. 

I left after the 4th and the only other time I actually remember him touching the ball after that was when he fired a horrendously overhit 4 yard pass to O’Donnell straight out the park.

A mixed bag you could say. I’m not sure what combination I’d go with up front here to be honest, Van Veen(cause he’s the only striker we’ve got) plus a couple of others and just hope something finally clicks up there. 

Edited by Casagolda

I think we've been guilty of overthinking it a bit since Watt left. Our 3 forwards way of doing things was broadly fine (and continuing with Roberts, Woolery and KVV would have been perfectly fine IMO) but it feels like we've stopped making chances for KVV and as a result, he just looks isolated and pissed off. One of Watt's best aspects when playing for us was the fact that he still put in a good shift when things weren't going well - KVV's head goes down pretty easily in comparison and it feels like we need to take that into account.

40 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

I thought Efford looked bright the first 10 mins he was on but he then just sort of disappeared.   

I left after the 4th and the only other time I actually remember him touching the ball after that was when he fired a horrendously overhit 4 yard pass to O’Donnell straight out the park. 

On 02/02/2022 at 10:25, Desp said:

My hope is that he's really reckless with possession, just so I can break out my Sloppy Joe gag.  

GIF by Gotham

2 hours ago, Casagolda said:

That was a flick with the outside of his foot, it demonstrates the power he has, wait until he unleashes it, he doesn’t do deft.

i am going Bazooka Joe.

Edited by ropy

2 hours ago, ZX1886 said:

Someone is winning this 1-0.

Finishing work at 5 for once so going to be home in time to catch the full match on stream. Don’t know whether that’s a good or bad thing.

If you do not have to listen to the United commentary team it will be a bonus.

Just now, Busta Nut said:

Certainly interesting. Would liked to have seen Donnelly benched also. Maybe with Shaw in. Other than that let’s see how we get on. I actually think Mugabi was better in his cameo at RB than SODS.