Dundee United v Motherwell. Wednesday 9th February 7.45

5 hours ago, Ray Patterson said:

It'll be good for this game to answer the age-old question - What happens when a stoppable force meets a very movable object?

Starting Niskanen is a must - would like to see us going back to Back Four - the 3/5 really hasn't helped us going forward. Pawlett needs dropped - but he won't be.

This line-up please:

Siegrist
Smith Edwards Graham McMann
Levitt    Harkes
Mochrie    Clark     Niskanen
Watt

If there's one lesson to be learnt after nearly 100 games it is surely play Clark up top or don't play him at all?

And Harkes? FFS!

Utd are shite and I reckon we'd usually pump them here.

However, GA has been fuckin' about with his tried and tested tactics and rather than tweak them we've restarted. Oh and that fact there is a boy in the Utd team desperate for a goal and desperate for a goal against us nae doubt.

So you know what's gonna happen.

I'd go 4-3-3, up front I'd have KVV as a centre forward (cos he's the only one we have) American bloke on the right and Tierney can hang about near the left but kind centre-ish.

Both teams are really struggling to score goals. It’s either going to be a terrible watch draw or one of those crazy games where someone wins 5-4. Tony Watt will no doubt score.

Kelly
SOD Ojala Sol Carroll
Slattery Shaw
Woolery Tierney Roberts
KVV

The above is how I’d go for the game but is very unlikely.

12 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

What was that mad formation we won 3-0 at Tannadice with once? The one McGhee apparently seen in a dream? 3-2-3-2 or something? I'm anticipating similar from Alexander.

"I sent my assistant, Steve Robinson, a text at four in the morning saying 3-4-1-2 and we started discussing it and, by the time we got to work, we knew what we wanted," he said.

1771952257_ScreenShot2022-02-07at10_56_51.thumb.png.17a2bc74082f42dcf5f62e9d7530c105.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35592307

Spoiler

Edited by capt_oats

I haven’t been at Tannadice in quite some time thinking about it. Not helped by United’s time in the lower leagues. It’s the ground where I’ve been the most steaming at a football match. A 2-2 draw in the Scottish cup and I had to check my phone at half time to check the score. I think I’d imagined Sutton scoring but he had.

4 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I haven’t been at Tannadice in quite some time thinking about it. Not helped by United’s time in the lower leagues. It’s the ground where I’ve been the most steaming at a football match. A 2-2 draw in the Scottish cup and I had to check my phone at half time to check the score. I think I’d imagined Sutton scoring but he had.

Did Goodwillie not tear us apart that game? Scored an overhead kick. I probably hadn't thought about it for about a decade until recently when obviously he reared his head in the news again.

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Benji

Smith Edwards Graham  McMann

Levitt Butcher McDonald 

Niskanen       Clark        Watt

What’s the script with Mulgrew?

43 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see that on Wednesday. 

In the absence of Mulgrew and Freeman it’s arguably our best starting line up.  Won’t mean anything unless we get the style of play right.

Did Goodwillie not tear us apart that game? Scored an overhead kick. I probably hadn't thought about it for about a decade until recently when obviously he reared his head in the news again.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/9422293.stm

Apparently Goodwillie did. Not that I remember it though.

I’m sure we won the replay 3-0 and Jamie Murphy nutmegged the keeper from the bye line. I remember more about that game.

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

It was basically predicated on Chris Cadden being able to run the length of the park over and over again, which was a good laugh.

Mad how Ben Hall looked like a classy youngster only to end up at fucking Linfield.

Just now, Archie McSquackle said:

Was that when Franny Jeffers scored?

It was, and probably his best performance for us? He was unplayable that night.

Edited by thisGRAEME