Favorite Premiership scoreline that didn't include your team or your main rivals? (picture required)

27 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Well I definitely do

gettyimages-99570229-2048x2048-158755254

I was going to post that match.  A classic case of the bigger club going 'fucking sit doon' to some jumped up wankers from the league below.

most have been covered but…

Dundee relegating United - very funny 

hibs relegation party at tynecastle - very funny 

Hamilton relegating hibs - very funny 

Livingston recently beating hearts 5-0 - very funny

st Mirren beating hearts in their one last attempt at being a premiership club - very funny 

ETA - photo

95564BA6-187D-4BB0-9A54-E5C3B0759F74.jpeg.30ec69d24687814f940a92b76db64014.jpeg

Edited by Dons_1988

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

The really long stoppage time thing is a bit of a myth, there's Sky Sports highlights which say that the goal came 3 minutes into stoppage time.

That was a long time for back then. Games used to rarely go beyond a minute of injury time, unless there was an obvious stoppage (and, even then, these were often ignored).

5 minutes ago, tamba_trio said:

That was a long time for back then. Games used to rarely go beyond a minute of injury time, unless there was an obvious stoppage (and, even then, these were often ignored).

1998 Cup Final... felt like ten minutes injury time. 

20 minutes ago, tamba_trio said:

I'm not sure that's really true - for example, here's the Scottish Cup final which we won a year earlier, which went to 3 minutes of stoppage time too. Certainly you didn't get 5 or 6 minutes very often, but 3 wasn't uncommon.

11 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

Is this a bad time to point out the poor spelling and punctuation in the thread title?

Goodness -  you can be a bit of a bore at times, mate. 

Anyway, here's my tuppence-worth:

mqdefault.jpg.146b2b281a478e2b2be067b3d6acbd34.jpg

Edited by The Other Foot

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Really?

As you muppets seem to have ignored the "not rivals" bit, here are a few photos to remind you what hubris looks like.

Enjoy.

A colour one - 

image.jpeg.8fe8135cf2de8e23e4dfe7d0d12e31fb.jpeg

A dead good one

image.jpeg.6ff743a6df94da78170de7dfc844661c.jpeg

One of the best

image.jpeg.19755db7e45166e7ee72aebb05a34a99.jpeg

That haircut........

image.jpeg.061f60dd808c811eb5c474fa18f38446.jpeg

Diddums

image.jpeg.22da4d3fad69c17341bb2e1c4de2f877.jpeg

Never mind, theres always the cup to look forward to...............even Levein made it back for the cup final after his "tummy upset" at Dens.

image.jpeg.d909f4992a2201bfc09f5f9202a06949.jpeg

image.jpeg.27a6ec96ded1051a4d18808b06e98a08.jpeg

Ooooft

image.jpeg.99428316a02eafc979488715f9ccc8c1.jpeg

Boom !

image.jpeg.92c5a103113bc6ccc810f3e3ec386eb2.jpeg

I chose Rangers - Killie.

You chose to lose the heid.

1,171 Smug Man Photos - Free & Royalty-Free Stock Photos from Dreamstime

1 hour ago, tamba_trio said:

Three minutes was quite long back in the day. Commentators etc used to say things like 'past TWO minutes of stoppage time...'

'It ain't over till the fat striker scores' Hibs 2-2 Hearts derby where Robbo scored in injury time got less than two minutes. And that second half had two goals (and one disallowed), a couple of lengthy injury stoppages, and a red card before stoppage time. Injury time is definitely longer now.

Rangers - Killie was hilarious regardless.

Edited by VincentGuerin

20 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm not sure that's really true - for example, here's the Scottish Cup final which we won a year earlier, which went to 3 minutes of stoppage time too. Certainly you didn't get 5 or 6 minutes very often, but 3 wasn't uncommon.

Maybe it was more common than I remember. I'd have said that most games were about a minute and, when it went on to 3 or 4, it felt like an eternity and was usually because of something obvious (an injury or Rangers really, really, really needing a goal). 

13 minutes ago, tamba_trio said:

Maybe it was more common than I remember. I'd have said that most games were about a minute and, when it went on to 3 or 4, it felt like an eternity and was usually because of something obvious (an injury or Rangers really, really, really needing a goal). 

Big games like cup finals sometimes got more, but you weren't getting three and four minutes regularly in league games.

It's notable in a lot of old World Cup games as well. Two minutes, that'll do. Standardising it with subs, goals, etc has lengthened it.

As mentioned above, the Hibs - Hearts 2-2 game had two second half goals (before injury time) and a red card, as well as a disallowed goal and a couple of lengthy injuries. 2 minutes. That was the norm.

Edited by VincentGuerin

Another good laugh was killie winning at ibrox just after they went into admin in 2012. After all the rallying cries and noise, this game really did drive it home that they were fucked. Had a quick look at the bbc match report and came across this:

Kilmarnock manager Shiels had in midweek spoken sympathetically of the SPL champions' predicament, suggesting having McCoist at the helm was "like the man from above when he sends Jesus down".

:lol: just wonderful