Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

NATO haven't actually ruled out a no fly zone. Some members' politicians have (ie ours) but NATO has just explained that it isn't going into Ukraine. 

Has a NATO spokesman definitely been asked a hypothetical about whether they would rule out anything specific? Because i 'd bet good money that they wouldn't commit to anything. 

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/5/nato-rejects-no-fly-zone-ukraine-decries-greenlight-for-bombs

We are not part of this conflict

7 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Heard that the Ukrainian Prime Minister is also an actor and comedian - same as ours, then.

Very true...difference being that Zelensky hasn't been bought and sold by Moscow.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If he's to be regarded as a comedian then he's Miranda Hart: a posh speaking bumbling idiot who thinks they're funny when they aren't amusing in the slightest and send normal people in to a fit of rage any time they appear on television.

tumblr_mp66wbMe621sqd8bmo1_400.gif.cc7725964f4e280d5f6b0e4e50631207.gif

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If he's to be regarded as a comedian then he's Miranda Hart: a posh speaking bumbling idiot who thinks they're funny when they aren't amusing in the slightest and send normal people in to a fit of rage any time they appear on television.

Whit? Man was a genius, Tommy Cooper would have nicked his act.

Bollocks
when I’ve been on a picket line it’s been manned mainly by the lower paid staff. 

The folk organising all the Ukraine collections at my work are the secretaries. 
Exactly the experience most of us will have - the real real working class, if you will

In case you misunderstand me, what I'm getting at is that if you're on the breadline and shop in say Lidl and Aldi, then someone who's not in a precarious financial situation shouldn't be telling people to shop in Sainsbury's or Waitrose instead as Lidl and Aldi are owned by a German who has links to Putin. (they don't but that's just an example).

The point I'm making, is that feeding the kids is more important than virtue signalling for Facebook likes etc.
No, the point you made was that one's finances have an effect on one's morals. The direct opposite is far more accurate.

2 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
2 hours ago, coprolite said:
Bollocks
when I’ve been on a picket line it’s been manned mainly by the lower paid staff. 

The folk organising all the Ukraine collections at my work are the secretaries. 

Exactly the experience most of us will have - the real real working class, if you will

Oh the irony......

Dunno what the middle and working classes have done to you, but best of luck getting over it.
In a thread full of claim and counter claim from some of the world's leading politicians, this lad's claim to have been a senior union official is somehow the least believable statement I've seen for a while.

Ukraine war: 10,000 people apply to UK for sanctuary - but only around 50 visas granted so far

In only 48 hours, the UK receives more than 10,000 applications for refuge - but France is not happy with the process and calls for more.

If true what a fkn embarrassment. 

Aye but he’s also competent so that’s where the comparison stops.
..and, to my knowledge, had never hidden in a fridge or stolen a reporter's mobile phone. His record on arranging violent assaults also lags behind the waffling scarecrow.