Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

5 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

“Gammon”

A derogatory term used by the well off middle class left to describe someone of the working class who Just doesn’t understand that the middle class left knows what’s best for them 

As a matter of interest just how long did you search for that paragraph ?

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

Heard that the Ukrainian Prime Minister is also an actor and comedian - same as ours, then.

Aye but he’s also competent so that’s where the comparison stops.

Heard that the Ukrainian Prime Minister is also an actor and comedian - same as ours, then.

If he's to be regarded as a comedian then he's Miranda Hart: a posh speaking bumbling idiot who thinks they're funny when they aren't amusing in the slightest and send normal people in to a fit of rage any time they appear on television.

Just now, Captain Saintsible said:

Zero time

Looks like I’ve hit the nerve of a middle class leftie who hates it when the working class won’t do what he wants them to do. 

^^^Middle class suit who thinks the working class all read the Sun.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Given how reliant we are on Russian Oil & Gas, I find it strange that Putin hasn't turned the taps off on both, even though it will obviously affect Russia themselves.

They may well do. Given that they have a large pipeline now supplying China, they are very much in a position to turn the taps off in Europe (for a month or so), long enough to cause panic.

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

NATO haven't actually ruled out a no fly zone. Some members' politicians have (ie ours) but NATO has just explained that it isn't going into Ukraine. 

Has a NATO spokesman definitely been asked a hypothetical about whether they would rule out anything specific? Because i 'd bet good money that they wouldn't commit to anything. 

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/5/nato-rejects-no-fly-zone-ukraine-decries-greenlight-for-bombs

We are not part of this conflict

7 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Very true...difference being that Zelensky hasn't been bought and sold by Moscow.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If he's to be regarded as a comedian then he's Miranda Hart: a posh speaking bumbling idiot who thinks they're funny when they aren't amusing in the slightest and send normal people in to a fit of rage any time they appear on television.

tumblr_mp66wbMe621sqd8bmo1_400.gif.cc7725964f4e280d5f6b0e4e50631207.gif

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Whit? Man was a genius, Tommy Cooper would have nicked his act.

Bollocks
when I’ve been on a picket line it’s been manned mainly by the lower paid staff. 

The folk organising all the Ukraine collections at my work are the secretaries. 
Exactly the experience most of us will have - the real real working class, if you will

In case you misunderstand me, what I'm getting at is that if you're on the breadline and shop in say Lidl and Aldi, then someone who's not in a precarious financial situation shouldn't be telling people to shop in Sainsbury's or Waitrose instead as Lidl and Aldi are owned by a German who has links to Putin. (they don't but that's just an example).

The point I'm making, is that feeding the kids is more important than virtue signalling for Facebook likes etc.
No, the point you made was that one's finances have an effect on one's morals. The direct opposite is far more accurate.