Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

Are Wagner the good guys now ?

Putin's reputation as a strongman is in tatters now regardless of what happens here I think. I wonder how long the rest of the state apparatus will stick with him.

1 minute ago, Ray Patterson said:

Prigozhin acting like Napoleon returning to Paris with the Army sent to stop him, joining him.

Kadyrov will flip as soon as Wagner offer him a better deal.

Wagner makes their own Tiktok videos. 

2 minutes ago, Ray Patterson said:

Prigozhin acting like Napoleon returning to Paris with the Army sent to stop him, joining him.

Kadyrov will flip as soon as Wagner offer him a better deal.

Putin will be hoping the Napoleon similaries go one step further.

(Or not, I suppose. He'd have to burn down Moscow.)

Putin's last play - when does Putin start telling the Russian public that they need to stop Wagner as they'll likely rape and pillage from them as they are full of rapists, murderers and ne'er do wells. Even though he supported emptying the jail's and paying for.them.

1 minute ago, The Other Foot said:

So what is the reason that taking Moscow means taking Russia? I’ve been saying it to my wife too, and she thinks I’m very wise. But I’m not. I’m not wise. 

Russia is very centralised as a country and most of the main transport links in the European part radiate from there so whoever controls Moscow has a big advantage.

14 minutes ago, Herc said:

You can't let a PMC coup get in the way of a girl's graduation.20230624_161734.thumb.jpg.992691f13eb17435700fd4582fa88a35.jpg

I hope this sparks off a genre of 'oblivious citizens doing their thing with a coup in the background' videos, like the Burma workout girl

Just now, The Other Foot said:

So what is the reason that taking Moscow means taking Russia? I’ve been saying it to my wife too, and she thinks I’m very wise. But I’m not. I’m not wise. 

Bit like how taking Stirling Castle used to be taking Scotland.

Every Major Road (Motorways, obviously) and Railway in Russia centres on Moscow (see the images below), and the Power Structure centres around who sits in the Kremlin.

Economically, having Moscow cut off from Russia is a huge kick in the balls for the state, mainly because of its "hub" position.

Politically, it's a bullet in the foot, because of the significance.

Historically, Moscow hasn't fallen in recent history. The Swedes, French and Germans (Nazis, not the Empire) have all failed. Their empires were all destroyed as a result. The only time it has fallen was during the Russian Civil War - in other words, Russia took it. This would be different, as Wagner is a PMC and, despite being based in Russia, they aren't an asset of the state. It's an outside yet internal force. F**k knows how that works going forward, but moving on...

And also, Putin's reputation won't be in the mud, it'll be 2012-RFC levels of non-existent.

Road and Rail Maps, as mentioned above:russia-rail-map.thumb.jpg.f5a25997ffeab3151ac793cab94c7ed5.jpgrussia-road-map.thumb.jpg.5e953c59b757a9b4e92459c46341a787.jpg