Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/60589965

Several of these hoaxes (obvious ones as well) were shared by the Iranian / Lebanese journalist a few people had mentioned in here a few days ago. Worth bearing in mind when considering how seriously to take people.
Several shared by [mention=73081]Steve55[/mention] - which is not surprising.

4 hours ago, WATTOO said:

It's the indirect fall out which will hit us hardest as prices will rocket and supply will be curtailed. so basically Norway will now be expected to supply Germany and France etc as well as ourselves which will cause a huge spike in prices and impact on availability.

As if they aren't rocketing enough. 

1 hour ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

I see the emphasis on saving the planet has shifted in a different direction.  What has happened to Greta T?  Can anyone say if Extinction Rebellion (what an appropriate name) are headed for Ukraine to glue themselves to Russian tanks?

I'm making a list of daily interjections of special note.

@Elixir made their way into yesterday.

Your name will also go on the list.

Price controls have to come up for discussion. 
We are basically at war without the fighting at the moment. Profiteering should not be allowed. 
For once I am in complete agreement with you.

A lot of the issues have bugger all to do with supply and everything to do with speculating leeches manipulating the market.

15 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Polish foreign ministry statement about jets for Ukraine

https://www.gov.pl/web/diplomacy/statement-of-the-minister-of-foreign-affairs-of-the-republic-of-poland-in-connection-with-the-statement-by-the-us-secretary-of-state-on-providing-airplanes-to-ukraine

Surely the Western powers can cobble together some jets as compo for Poland?

If Putin's in a bad mood, this could be the final straw.

Just now, The DA said:

If Putin's in a bad mood, this could be the final straw.

Where would he attack though, Poland? You would imagine he would have to take Ukraine first.

Or if he goes for more of Georgia would anyone be any more angry than they are now? 

Or I guess he could convince Belarus to go into Lithuania so the Russians have a land bridge to Kaliningrad?

Let's just hope it doesn't come to any of these or random missile strikes against "the west"

Does anyone see a way back for Russia in terms of all these global brands that are pulling out?

Even in a situation where they back off, apologise fully and offer reparations (none of which will happen) I don't see the catastrophic loss of business that has withdrawn so far, going back for a very, very long time indeed. 

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Does anyone see a way back for Russia in terms of all these global brands that are pulling out?

Even in a situation where they back off, apologise fully and offer reparations (none of which will happen) I don't see the catastrophic loss of business that has withdrawn so far, going back for a very, very long time indeed. 

Your multinationals will be back in there in a heartbeat.

3 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Other countries close by with Migs are Bulgaria and Slovakia I wonder if they will be next to "donate"

Being reported that Poland have "sourced" some f16s as replacements 

I reckon that USA's desert boneyards will see a lot of activity, bringing old planes back into service.

7 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I reckon that USA's desert boneyards will see a lot of activity, bringing old planes back into service.

Amazingly enough there are f16s based in Ramstein which happens to be the base that Poland dropped off the Migs 😂

2 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

I see the emphasis on saving the planet has shifted in a different direction.  What has happened to Greta T?  Can anyone say if Extinction Rebellion (what an appropriate name) are headed for Ukraine to glue themselves to Russian tanks?

Besides having a go at climate change campaigners, just because, I’ve absolutely no idea what point you’re making here.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
11 minutes ago, doulikefish said:
Amazingly enough there are f16s based in Ramstein which happens to be the base that Poland dropped off the Migs emoji23.png

Do the Poles have pilots trained to fly F16s ?

No idea but I'm sure there will be an instructor or 2 floating about