Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

Snake Mountain Island apparently been abandoned. The helicopter was carrying special forces troops who were disembarking just as the drone struck. This was conformed by Wagner.

3 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Snake Mountain Island apparently been abandoned. The helicopter was carrying special forces troops who were disembarking just as the drone struck. This was conformed by Wagner.

Cj0-3aKY_400x400.jpg

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Right, that's it. Mon Putin!

Kinda have to take your hat off to people* who are willing to extend as far as travelling to a warzone when seeking to answer the question "how can I make this thing that's happening about me".

*At least that's what i'll be telling Bono, in the hope that he feels compelled to visit more warzones..... Then its just a waiting game

Maybe a hopeful sign if true. From the Guardian live page.

A recent poll by the respected independent Levada Center found that 82% of Russians remain concerned by the military campaign in Ukraine. The vast majority of them 47% are worried about the deaths of civilians and Russian soldiers in the war, along with the devastation and suffering. Only 6% of those concerned by the war said they were bothered by the alleged presence of “Nazis” and “fascists” in Ukraine.

43 minutes ago, Duszek said:

That’s my sympathy out the window.

7D321FB6-4C4C-4FA9-8923-E6F80FAEB896.jpeg

“We’ll guard old Mariupol steelworks’ walls” doesn’t have much of a ring to it, though in fairness there’s only a tiny minority of them singing it.

Just now, highlandcowden said:

Sorry,I'm a bit confused-what am I watching here?is there a point?

The first one looks a DP27 light machine gun which was designed in 1920s.

Probably comparing technologies.