Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Various reports of Ukraine making progress in Zaporizhia and Donetsk. As above it’s likely Russian troops are falling back to secondary lines. Lots of conflicting info.

So do the reports of progress today suggest that the Ukrainian army is proving adept at both pushing back Russians and traversing minefields? Or are they penetrating areas that are poorly defended and un-mined?

1 hour ago, The Other Foot said:

So do the reports of progress today suggest that the Ukrainian army is proving adept at both pushing back Russians and traversing minefields? Or are they penetrating areas that are poorly defended and un-mined?

Since the current reports are of a general nature, it’s impossible to tell.

9 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Videos on Telegram allegedly showing Russian 'barrier troops' executing retreating soldiers.  Could be fake but if not then very grim.

How do they know they are retreating and not just going for a shite. I'd be carrying a bogroll just in case.

7 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

How do they know they are retreating and not just going for a shite. I'd be carrying a bogroll just in case.

They'd only shoot you and nick it.

51 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Maybe I am missing something but does Time really not realise that Chernobyl is also located in Ukraine on the same major river watershed?

Screenshot_20230612_131203_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.1a840d59d20c6217612285f190826e3f.jpg

That's from the article itself and we can see how the government minister says "Europe" and not "Ukraine". Maybe the Ukrainian government currently have an idiosynchratic approach to Soviet-era Ukrainian history and Time want to accommodate that (pure speculation from me).

8 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Screenshot_20230612_131203_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.1a840d59d20c6217612285f190826e3f.jpg

That's from the article itself and we can see how the government minister says "Europe" and not "Ukraine". Maybe the Ukrainian government currently have an idiosynchratic approach to Soviet-era Ukrainian history and Time want to accommodate that (pure speculation from me).

Ukraine is like Slade or The Beatles in that chart.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Maybe I am missing something but does Time really not realise that Chernobyl is also located in Ukraine on the same major river watershed?

I guess it depends on the age of the author, but its quite a clanger

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

Analysis of Russian gunsight video shows they claimed a Leopard 2 and destroyed a tractor…

https://apnews.com/article/ukraine-russia-tank-leopard-blew-up-tractor-2824d17105d3cfb875a5306acd2c9089

Better men than them have gotten mixed up about what is and isn't a tank.

Reports that Adam Delimkhanov, Roman Kadyrov’s second in command, has been killed or wounded in a HIMARS strike in Luhansk oblast. Some Russian channels assert that Russian troops had been concentrated prior to a counter attack when they were targeted.

Kadyrov put out a post on Telegram asking for any information on Delimkhanov.

31 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Reports that Adam Delimkhanov, Roman Kadyrov’s second in command, has been killed or wounded in a HIMARS strike in Luhansk oblast. Some Russian channels assert that Russian troops had been concentrated prior to a counter attack when they were targeted.

Kadyrov put out a post on Telegram asking for any information on Delimkhanov.

Maybe google translate is misleading but it sounds like he's offering to pay Ukrainian intelligence for information. Could be he suspects Wagner rather than the Ukrainians.

image.png.81295f6a23a033f35e0d23b16fb0f520.png