Should managers, like players, only be allowed to move during the transfer window?

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

A clause which works two ways and also ensures them compensation when they are sacked.

Not sure where you are going with this, we are in agreement, managers specifically accept the terms of a contract which limits their right to leave the job immediately - and possibly stops them going to a rival team. Without that clause they could, rightly, leave the job and go to another. The question is whether they should have that freedom when players don't, because the governing organisation put those restrictions in place, not the courts.

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

So you see flaws in every single reason that's been put forward in favour of not prohibiting managers moving but you don't think there is a benefit of doing so?

Also, how would Glass/McPake have any bearing on this scenario? They were sacked, they've not moved to a different team.

First part, no. Just those using a nebulous argument. Many have put forward points that don't relate directly to managers, but to the overall transfer window. If others had put forward ideas that supported manager windows that equally relied on such an argument I would have countered it too. Don't fall into the classic Internet trap of assuming anyone you debate is unable to be objective.

Edited by Ric

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

Not sure where you are going with this, we are in agreement, managers specifically accept the terms of a contract which limits their right to leave the job immediately - and possibly stops them going to a rival team. Without that clause they could, rightly, leave the job and go to another. The question is whether they should have that freedom when players don't, because the governing organisation has put them in place.

First part, no. Just those using a nebulous argument. Many have put forward points that don't relate directly to managers, but to the overall transfer window. If others had put forward ideas that supported manager windows that equally relied on such an argument I would have countered it too. Don't fall into the classic Internet trap of assuming anyone you debate is unable to be objective.

They are nebulous in your opinion. You seem to have a feeling that you would like to disagree with points put forward without actually putting forward an opinion of your own.

Which way did you vote, and what were your reasons for this?

Edited by AJF

Just now, AJF said:

They are nebulous in your opinion. You seem to have a feeling that you would like to disagree with points put forward without actually putting forward an opinion of your own.

No, they are nebulous by definition. Is the onus upon me to provide answers? I don't really think so.

As for the "You seem to...", allow me to quote a famous poster who just seconds ago wrote "in your opinion".

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

No, they are nebulous by definition. Is the onus upon me to provide answers? I don't really think so.

As for the "You seem to...", allow me to quote a famous poster who just seconds ago wrote "in your opinion".

You may have missed it as I edited the post, but which way did you vote, and what were your reasons for this?

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

You may have missed it as I edited the post, but which way did you vote, and what were your reasons for this?

I didn't vote. I don't tend to vote on any of the polls I start.