EF v QP

Thank you! [emoji122]
But according to more than a few bootlickers in our support, we used to be a mid table League 2 team so are not allowed to be angry that with a full time professional ([emoji23]) squad, we have won 7 (SEVEN) games all season. 

The players must've been pissing themselves laughing in the changing rooms after the game in disbelief that there were QP fans who applauded them off the park. I’m not for a minute condoning personal abuse, but they need a collective boot up the arse and made aware that it just isn’t good enough! Yesterday wasn’t a blip or a freak result. We have been terrible for over 4 months now and more than a few of the players are picking up their wage whilst doing f**k all to deserve it.

It’s been a long, long time since there was such a disconnect between the players and the supporters. I just don’t “like” this team. Even when we were sh*te before turning pro (when a lot of the players we had legitimately weren’t good enough) we had guys playing who knew their limits but would put in 100% and the fans could see and respect that. This bunch of chancers just can’t be arsed. “Shitebags” is the perfect description. 

Where do I sign up for the booklickers club if I choose to keep my frustration to myself, not abuse individual players and not boo the team off the park? I didnt applaud them off either and did anyone suggest you're not allowed to be angry? You can howl at the moon after every misplaced pass if you like I just don't see how it makes things better on the park which I assume we all want. Can't be arsed and shitebags is pretty strong stuff I'd love to see you run that one past Michael Doyle does he look as if he's not trying and not as equally frustrated as the rest of us?

I'm as disappointed as everyone else by some of the performances but some fans need to get a grip. Sounded to me like they couldn't wait for things to go wrong yesterday so they could have a go at the team.
The sense of entitlement by them is pissing me off more than the team's performance these days. Try supporting the team on the pitch - you never know it might just help them.
Play offs in our hands and unbeaten so far in 2022. If that's the worse some of you have seen you must have witnessed different teams than me over the years.

Minority view on here but 100% agree with this

5 hours ago, I Zingari said:

Booing them and constantly criticising will do nothing to improve performances.

No but it seems singing and trying to make some noise to get behind them doesn't make much difference either. There was plenty of that yesterday during the game. They also weren't booed and criticised last week at Cove after working hard to earn a point with only 10 men. They were cheered and clapped off the park and widely praised on here. Which proves it's the mentality of the players that's the problem, not the fans. I honestly think our fans give out fair praise and criticism in equal measure when it's deserved. Fans who have travelled across Scotland spending a small fortune following our club for years had every right yesterday to show their frustration at full time with this team of underachievers. I wouldn't have said such a thing when we were amateur but time to get real.

14 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

No but it seems singing and trying to make some noise to get behind them doesn't make much difference either. There was plenty of that yesterday during the game. They also weren't booed and criticised last week at Cove after working hard to earn a point with only 10 men. They were cheered and clapped off the park and widely praised on here. Which proves it's the mentality of the players that's the problem, not the fans. I honestly think our fans give out fair praise and criticism in equal measure when it's deserved. Fans who have travelled across Scotland spending a small fortune following our club for years had every right yesterday to show their frustration at full time with this team of underachievers. I wouldn't have said such a thing when we were amateur but time to get real.

Come on - some of the fans couldn't wait to get on the team's back yesterday.

And calling them shitebags etc is out of order. Look to me like a bunch of players with no confidence. Shouting abuse at them isn't going to help that.

32 minutes ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

Where do I sign up for the booklickers club if I choose to keep my frustration to myself, not abuse individual players and not boo the team off the park? I didnt applaud them off either and did anyone suggest you're not allowed to be angry? You can howl at the moon after every misplaced pass if you like I just don't see how it makes things better on the park which I assume we all want. Can't be arsed and shitebags is pretty strong stuff I'd love to see you run that one past Michael Doyle does he look as if he's not trying and not as equally frustrated as the rest of us?

Booing the team off the park, or “howling at the moon 🙄 “ is the last thing anyone of us WANTS to be doing, but performances like yesterday haven’t been occurring once a month. They have become the standard this season. It’s pathetic. You say you didn’t applaud or criticise at full time. So apathy has set in then? That’s surely worse? 

16 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Our fans are generally pretty patient. We’re not really a boo the team off support. As you say, during the game, the fans were trying to encourage the team over the line. There has to come a point where feelings need to be made known, though. Do we just keep quietly accepting mediocrity?  They deserved everything that came their way yesterday. The reactions weren’t just about the East Fife game.

We know a lot of these guys have better than they are giving us. The keepers, Doyle, Fox and Brown are the only ones I’d keep with any enthusiasm. Unfortunately, some more are under contract.

5 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

We have what appears to be a genuine striker playing for Cambuslang Rangers. We are supposed to be about development. Bring him in and help him develop.

I understand that the young man at Cambuslang only agreed to sign for us, because we agreed to let him stay at Cambuslang until the end of the season. Other clubs were after him but wanted him right away. Noticed that Tommy Orr scored again for Stenhousemuir yesterday. I think he has scored more goals himself this year than our team has. He was worth taking a chance on in the transfer window.

I still think QP fans are not getting the root of the problem. 

To recruit full-time footballers to the third tier of Scottish football is a challenge in itself. I have no idea what kind of wages they are offering but they are competing with the likes of Kilmarnock and Partick Thistle for players who are prepared to earn a pretty modest wage as a full-time professional. 

I can't see this as a sustainable business model for a club attracting 500 - 600 fans per week. 

I would not like to be the individual presenting the accounts at your next AGM. 

9 hours ago, Gall09 said:

Thank you! 👏

But according to more than a few bootlickers in our support, we used to be a mid table League 2 team so are not allowed to be angry that with a full time professional (😂) squad, we have won 7 (SEVEN) games all season. 

The players must've been pissing themselves laughing in the changing rooms after the game in disbelief that there were QP fans who applauded them off the park. I’m not for a minute condoning personal abuse, but they need a collective boot up the arse and made aware that it just isn’t good enough! Yesterday wasn’t a blip or a freak result. We have been terrible for over 4 months now and more than a few of the players are picking up their wage whilst doing f**k all to deserve it.

It’s been a long, long time since there was such a disconnect between the players and the supporters. I just don’t “like” this team. Even when we were sh*te before turning pro (when a lot of the players we had legitimately weren’t good enough) we had guys playing who knew their limits but would put in 100% and the fans could see and respect that. This bunch of chancers just can’t be arsed. “Shitebags” is the perfect description. 

If we had not conceded that unfortunate own goal and played the exact same game but won 1-0 would, do you think, the team  have received the same ott reaction from a few of our less mature 'fans'?.

Edited by bridgeofweirdo

3 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

If we had not conceded that unfortunate own goal and played the exact same game but won 1-0 would, do you think, the team  have received the same ott reaction from a few of our less mature 'fans'?.

The reaction wasn’t just about yesterday. At what point does our level of performance become unacceptable? We have won four league games since August. We haven’t won away since October. The support has been more than patient and I can’t recall a single game this season where we haven’t chanted, sang and got behind the team. More support than they’ve arguably deserved as a group. 

6 minutes ago, an86 said:

The reaction wasn’t just about yesterday. At what point does our level of performance become unacceptable? We have won four league games since August. We haven’t won away since October. The support has been more than patient and I can’t recall a single game this season where we haven’t chanted, sang and got behind the team. More support than they’ve arguably deserved as a group. 

I'm 100% with you on this but maybe silence at the end of the match would be more thought provoking than the outpouring of vociferous bile by some. 

5 minutes ago, an86 said:

You're missing the point. The issue this season has been behind the scenes. The main reason why the team isn't performing is lack of direction and confidence - not lack of effort. To say a lot of the them aren't trying is out of order.

Perspective required - in all the 15 draws I would say in 11 or 12 of them we should have won. We are obviously missing a goalscorer but the team is still on top for most of the game. If the team wasn't trying we would be getting horsed in these games.

7 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

You're missing the point. The issue this season has been behind the scenes. The main reason why the team isn't performing is lack of direction and confidence - not lack of effort. To say a lot of the them aren't trying is out of order.

Every single club on the planet has had behind the scenes problems because of Covid. Every single club in the world doesn’t give their players the level of treatment we do. They are getting more than they are giving and nobody will change my mind on that. 

17 minutes ago, an86 said:

Every single club on the planet has had behind the scenes problems because of Covid. Every single club in the world doesn’t give their players the level of treatment we do. They are getting more than they are giving and nobody will change my mind on that. 

I wasn't talking about COVID but the situation with manager/stadium etc. That is the real issue here. 

Having a go at players for not trying is not only missing the point but completely wrong.

5 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

I wasn't talking about COVID but the situation with manager/stadium etc. That is the real issue here. 

Having a go at players for not trying is not only missing the point but completely wrong.

The stadium doesn’t matter a jot to the players. We played half of last season away from home and performed. I didn’t rate Ellis, but ultimately the players have to take some responsibility for his demise as well. 

I saw Luca Connell shitting out of a tackle yesterday. That’s not even up for debate. If he doesn’t want to dig in, then there’s a Colt team he can go and play for. The cowardice isn’t only in the lack of dig, but in the general play of the team. Very few take responsibility. Pass it sideways for the other guy to do something with, cut back and roll it safely to another guy instead of taking a guy on. Bravery isn’t just the physical part of the game. A complete lack of backbone. 

1 hour ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Yesterday’s reaction wasn’t OTT. We were shocking. “If we had won” is just “if my auntie had baws.” The season has been shambolic and it’s only through other teams being dreadful (most of whom we haven’t managed to beat) that we are still 4th. 

2 hours ago, Dooflick said:

I understand that the young man at Cambuslang only agreed to sign for us, because we agreed to let him stay at Cambuslang until the end of the season. Other clubs were after him but wanted him right away. Noticed that Tommy Orr scored again for Stenhousemuir yesterday. I think he has scored more goals himself this year than our team has. He was worth taking a chance on in the transfer window.

It’s an interesting observation. It’s almost like whoever makes decisions on these things is more swayed by where their club is in the football ladder rather than individual’s capability. It’s like they’re paying for the players without even seeing them. Surely we can’t be that reckless?

QP fans arguing and passing judgement on each other. Meanwhile those who have impaled our club with this burden remain silent. 

Disappointment only comes from expectation. Clyde will struggle to improve their position without their lovely striker. Falkirk have just been beaten by Cove who drew their last 3 games, including against a 10 man QP. The defence is solid, mostly. We just need a few midfielders and one of the attack to get their mojo back and fourth place can be achieved. I seem to recall comments about that being what we might expect back in July?