EF v QP

Keep hoping each game is the one where it’ll click. We know that most of these guys, at their best, are more than capable. We just haven’t seen it consistently from any of them, other than big Chaldini at the back. 

Missed the Cove game, but sounded like we dug in. We did the same against Dumbarton, which was a rubbish game. Taking four points from real scraps might be a sign of progress. Thought there were spells of the Falkirk game where we looked good, but it needs to be from the start and maintained for ninety minutes. 

Smart money obviously says draw, but if we can weld the dig from the previous two games and the good aspects of the Falkirk game, we should win this. How many times have we thought that, though?

Quite simply a must win. If we fail to beat east Fife for the third time, we don’t deserve the final play off spot. I think there’s been progress in recent weeks under Beuker. There seems to be a clearer pattern of play and going by the last 2 games, a wee bit more resilience about us. I feel like the players will have gained more confidence and belief from the cove draw over the Dumbarton victory in all honesty 

Longstaff suspended so I think this may be the game to see Jai Quitongo on from the start. A game where we will be most likely have more of the ball which will suit him to the ground. Even if it’s for 60 minutes, he’s a massive threat for any opposition at this level. 

Really pleasing to see what looks like Will Baynham participating in full training with the squad again going by the training photos. He may not feature this season due to the nature of his injury or quite simply a lack of fitness and sharpness but even as an option from the bench for the last 3-4 games, hopefully he can play a part. 

Edited by qpfc

1 hour ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

If game on can you pay at turnstile or ticket only ?

Ticket only, I believe. You can scan the QR code from your phone.  

I really want to believe that last week's surprise win over Alloa can kick-start a winning run for us but I think coming up against QP has come a little too soon and will prove too strong for us. Hope to be proven wrong. I haven't really paid close attention to QP or any of the top half of the table this season. Would take a draw now if other results go our way. 

Match is all ticket.   The club put a statement out today saying no on the day sales.   So any spiders wanting to go should buy on line tonight.

We appear to be a bit of a bogey for QP this season so I'm going for 2-1 EF after last weeks performance

2 hours ago, qpfc said:

Longstaff suspended so I think this may be the game to see Jai Quitongo on from the start. A game where we will be most likely have more of the ball which will suit him to the ground. Even if it’s for 60 minutes, he’s a massive threat for any opposition at this level.

Quitongo out according to the match preview unfortunately, hopefully it's just a precaution.

Could we possibly see Darcy start?

Would go for this lineup 

Ferrie 

Doyle         Kilday              Fox     Robson

Reid        Brown/Connell  

Longridge               Darcy             Smith 

Mchugh 

Connell is back so he may come in for Brown as I don’t think they 2 can play together too well. I would love for them to both be dominating the game at the same time but it’s not really clicked with both. May be tempted with Connell for this game with his left foot ability. It’s a match winner. Whatever happens, please please don’t play jack Thompson 

Edited by qpfc

12 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Quitongo out according to the match preview unfortunately, hopefully it's just a precaution.

Could we possibly see Darcy start?

To be honest Quitongo has not shown anything like his pre injury form on his albeit rare appearances recently but I'd be first wish him a full return to that kind of form as he's exactly what's needed which is someone that can run at pace and go past players. 

D'Arcy has impressed and should start imo. 

Dylan Reid looks a player and should also figure please. 

12 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

To be honest Quitongo has not shown anything like his pre injury form on his albeit rare appearances recently but I'd be first wish him a full return to that kind of form as he's exactly what's needed which is someone that can run at pace and go past players. 

D'Arcy has impressed and should start imo. 

Dylan Reid looks a player and should also figure please. 

It’s a difficult one with Quitongo. A fully fit and firing Quitongo in my opinion is the most dangerous player in the squad by a considerable distance but to have such a list of serious injuries already in his career, you worry that he might eventually lose that edge or explosiveness that makes him so effective. I think he’s looked okay so far in his limited appearances but I thought the cove game really exposed his lack of match fitness when chasing balls up top on his own. He might be the type that needs to get a good pre season in him before we consider offering him a deal next season 

Edited by qpfc

Quitongo’s been out since last spring, it’ll take him the rest of the season to get going. He got ten mins on Saturday and we spent more time at the right end of the park when he was on than the previous 35. Can’t see him starting a game until they’re sure he’s fully tested.

I think Liam Brown might have seen his last start for a while after his behaviour on Saturday. He was like a petulant child all day, blaming his team mates for his own obvious errors. Walked off the park like a wean who’s just been told he’s no getting his pudding. Problem is Connel, Gillespie, Longridge have all had dry spells for over a month as well now. Team’s absolutely screaming out for a bit of flair and boldness. Darcy was a standout at Falkirk and Reid looked lively last week, albeit for a brief intro.

Given we’re playing the bottom team the person who can make the biggest impact tomorrow is Beuker. It’s a fixture where a good shake-up is more likely to find profit rather than his steady Eddie approach so far. Darcy and Reid look more capable of playing the game he’s trying to get them to play. And play McBride at centre forward. All that pish about “competition for places” means nothing if you don’t rotate. No offence to The Fife but tomorrow’s game should be used to get set for Montrose.

Injury news; Simon Murray had his “tidy-up” operation last week and it’s hoped he’s back before end of season. Might have his ACL fixed but like others in the team coming back, the mental side can be more challenging. Not holding my breath.

13 hours ago, qpfc said:

It’s a difficult one with Quitongo. A fully fit and firing Quitongo in my opinion is the most dangerous player in the squad by a considerable distance but to have such a list of serious injuries already in his career, you worry that he might eventually lose that edge or explosiveness that makes him so effective. I think he’s looked okay so far in his limited appearances but I thought the cove game really exposed his lack of match fitness when chasing balls up top on his own. He might be the type that needs to get a good pre season in him before we consider offering him a deal next season 

In an ideal world, Murray and Quitongo are both outrageous at this level when fit and sharp. How likely is it that we’re ever actually going to get a proper run out of either, though? Unless either one comes in and lights the place up before the end of the season, it’s a shake hands and thank them for their efforts situation for me.

Think Murray was two years with an option and Quitongo runs until the end of the season. It’s nobody’s fault, but we cannot be laying out decent money on guys who can’t put a run of games together.

15 hours ago, behindthelens said:

Tickets are available online right up until kick off, no walk ups or option to buy on the phone tomorrow though.

I know we're the same but you wonder when it'll click with clubs that they're losing out on fans who want to attend on impulse on the day.

After 2 goalless draws in 2 winnable home games, I was ready to chuck this season, after 2 mins at alloa was questioning Crawford position. Then, after our first goals this year & first win on the road in god knows how long, I've decided, what the hell, I'm booking hospitality for today. All seems a bit Falkirky! 2 goalless draws, followed by a win now reads, 3 games unbeaten & hopefully a corner turned, against a side that haven't beaten us this season. Mon the fife