EF v QP

10 hours ago, fifer67 said:

I’m struggling to get used to this Billy big time theme from queens supporters. They have had 3 attempts to beat the poorest East Fife team in a while and failed miserably on each occasion. Just because your flinging stupid money at a full time set up doesn’t mean part time teams just going to role over because the mighty Queens are coming to town. I don’t know who is footing the bill for all this but it sure looks like money down the pan. 

Drawing with East Fife isn’t a disgrace. This is a tough league where you have to be on your game.  As a body of work, these corn fed ponies drawing fifteen games is disgraceful, though. They have chefs, sports scientists, a training facility better than most in the top flight, the best wages in the league. 

The anger is not a reflection of “we should win every game.” It’s a reflection of this squad being a shower of overpaid charlatans going through the motions. Connell shitting out of tackles was the most overt of the cowardice, but we’re shitebags in our general play. Hit the byline? No, better just cut back and roll it to someone else. Every single pass we play is almost a pass of responsibility. Imposters. 

Just now, williebraveheart said:

I do not believe we would be any worse off if Laurie Ellis had still been in charge. That is not to say that I think he was brilliant but just that nothing seems to have changed. He could not possibly have handled a worse transfer window. That was a disgrace.

Ellis was a symptom of a wider problem. Half baked, clueless, “take a punt, he might be decent” and it turns out he wasn’t. It’s a theme coursing through the veins of the club. Abject. Leeann Dempster needs to start earning her money. To just sit silently managerless while these frauds stroll around is unacceptable.

4 minutes ago, behindthelens said:

I remember an Elgin goalkeeper doing something similar at Hampden about six or seven years ago. It is a one off and can happen. I think it also fair to say that the outfield players had several opportunities to get the ball forward before this rather than tip tap backwards and pass the ball to players who were well covered.

4 minutes ago, an86 said:

Ellis was a symptom of a wider problem. Half baked, clueless, “take a punt, he might be decent” and it turns out he wasn’t. It’s a theme coursing through the veins of the club. Abject. Leeann Dempster needs to start earning her money. To just sit silently managerless while these frauds stroll around is unacceptable.

Quite so. As I said, nothing has changed.

The most cowardly group of players I’ve seen at this level. 15 draws when you are receiving top class facilities is nothing short of embarrassing. Today was the first time I felt genuinely seething at what I was watching. No desire, pulling out of tackles and just generally being utter guff. I’ve tried to back this squad a lot of the season but I just can’t do that now. Albeit it was a horrendous mistake, I’m not putting that result on Ferrie yesterday. He’s been superb for us and mistakes happen in isolation but across the 90 minutes I was looking at some of these players thinking how little they actually care. Only Fox and Brown get pass marks for me yesterday  

We’re a team that can’t score goals and although it’s a much lower level, we literally signed someone last month who has scored 40+ goals in half a season on the longest contract given out to a player at Qp. Yet we thought it was smart to loan him out straight away? Absolutely wild from my perspective. Get him in the squad and available. He can’t be any worse than Mcbride who looks out his depth at this level. The English under 23 league is a fraud of a league 

No matter where we end up next season, bin this squad. Ferrie, Fox and Brown and get Smith in permanently. Make that the base and build from there. 

The anger is also just the combination of the manager situation. See if the club communicated and stated they were going to wait until the end of the season to appoint someone, then that’s fine. It’s not ideal but at least I’d know where their heads are at. Being constantly left in limbo as to when we appoint someone just makes the club seem an embarrassment from the outside 

Edited by qpfc

I think most of us would forgive the lack of communication, the mess with the stadium rebuild, and the poor decisions regarding team managers, if we were getting results. I have been watching Queens for almost 50 years and can honestly say that this lot are dire.

Like every other supporter I embraced the need to change and was excited by the move to professionalism. All this stuff about building a club for the community means nothing if you do not have a product to sell. We are a business now and businesses survive by attracting customers. 

I have paid a lot of money to watch this mob on livestream this season. Time to give it all a miss until Dempster and co convince me they actually know what they are doing. Communication is everything, why make it so hard.

32 minutes ago, qpfc said:

The most cowardly group of players I’ve seen at this level. 15 draws when you are receiving top class facilities is nothing short of embarrassing. Today was the first time I felt genuinely seething at what I was watching. No desire, pulling out of tackles and just generally being utter guff. I’ve tried to back this squad a lot of the season but I just can’t do that now. Albeit it was a horrendous mistake, I’m not putting that result on Ferrie yesterday. He’s been superb for us and mistakes happen in isolation but across the 90 minutes I was looking at some of these players thinking how little they actually care. Only Fox and Brown get pass marks for me yesterday  

No matter where we end up next season, bin this squad. Ferrie, Fox and Brown and get Smith in permanently. Make that the base and build from there. 

The anger is also just the combination of the manager situation. See if the club communicated and stated they were going to wait until the end of the season to appoint someone, then that’s fine. It’s not ideal but at least I’d know where their heads are at. Being constantly left in limbo as to when we appoint someone just makes the club seem an embarrassment from the outside 

What have you got against Robson? He was one of the few performers yesterday, again. And Kilday had another decent game. He’s been on form since Beuker arrived.

Smith has great potential but looking better because of what’s around him. He had about 6 or 7 chances with good possession and 1v1 with space behind the defender but elected to turn back and play safe. He’s dangerous on the run but from a standing start lacks the physique at the moment. Trying hard though. 

Ferrie’s back pass wasn’t the issue. It was the closest EF got to a goal. We had virtually a full game to turn it around and failed. Longridge, our top performer before his injury, just isn’t firing and his effort off the post is the only thing of note in the last few games. 

We have 6 loan players in the squad, all getting played at the moment. Couple that to a handful of elders whose contracts are up in the summer and it’s not difficult to see where individuals have their focus. I can’t see it improving much this season. Maslow’s Theory of Hierarchy at work.

The only player in the squad who is a QP player and who makes his feelings known on the pitch has been quietly sidelined. You reap what you sow.

The  new manager/coach has rumbled on far too long.  I thought the panto season had finished.

CEO   needs  come out and say sticking with  what we have got till end of season or tells us that candidates have been approached and that discussions are ongoing and that there will be an appointment made . Tell us something .   

I can't understand  the attitude from some of the players  recently  surely they realise that they are playing for their futures don't they  want to be be playing well and getting the chance to resign for next season.

Yesterday it looked like they  did not now what they were doing for the first 20 minutes.

What's needed is a right kick up the rear as others have said get some fire back in their bellies. They are well paid and well looked after - it's time to start showing some return.  

How many times in recent games have we put good balls across the face of the goal and there is no one brave enough to make a run to get on the end of it.

We have been crying out for a striker for months why oh why has this been allowed to rumble on nothing against  the new loan signings but we needed a genuine front man .   

Answers on a postcard please.

It was widely recognised at the start of the season that the squad wasn't good enough to win Division One. Being full-time and having great facilities doesn't change that. Given the recent performances of both sides, the draw at Methil was no great surprise. There is a sameness about many of Queen's midfield and forward players that works against the manager being able to make any real change in style. As far as the transfer window is concerned, you can only sign who is available and who you can afford. We don't have a Tony Quinn in the side but to suggest that the players are not trying is just nonsense.  Booing them and constantly criticising will do nothing to improve performances.

7 minutes ago, I Zingari said:

It was widely recognised at the start of the season that the squad wasn't good enough to win Division One. Being full-time and having great facilities doesn't change that. Given the recent performances of both sides, the draw at Methil was no great surprise. There is a sameness about many of Queen's midfield and forward players that works against the manager being able to make any real change in style. As far as the transfer window is concerned, you can only sign who is available and who you can afford. We don't have a Tony Quinn in the side but to suggest that the players are not trying is just nonsense.  Booing them and constantly criticising will do nothing to improve performances.

We have what appears to be a genuine striker playing for Cambuslang Rangers. We are supposed to be about development. Bring him in and help him develop.

11 minutes ago, I Zingari said:

I agree with you about the booing and constant criticism. Not helpful. Your point about sameness and availability is puzzling. Who chose the sameness? If that was all who were available why did we bring them in if they were just the same? The point I think you illuminate most brightly is that we have had no manager/coach worth his salt for months. Nobody in control. I disagree that the squad was not good enough at the beginning of the season. We were five points clear at the top at one point for goodness sake. We had horrific injury problems that most teams would struggle with but were still in contention at the end of November. We sacked our coach and now have a Director of Football whose forte is youth development seemingly taking charge along with a coach who was an assistant and is only interim. Where is his incentive to give his all even if he has ability? Whilst I am as disappointed as the next fan on the way we are playing I agree that there is no way that the players are not trying. Somebody is coaching them this way in the name of teaching a new style or whatever. The blame lies with those who are running this club quite incompetently in my opinion.

44 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

I agree with you about the booing and constant criticism. Not helpful. Your point about sameness and availability is puzzling. Who chose the sameness? If that was all who were available why did we bring them in if they were just the same? The point I think you illuminate most brightly is that we have had no manager/coach worth his salt for months. Nobody in control. I disagree that the squad was not good enough at the beginning of the season. We were five points clear at the top at one point for goodness sake. We had horrific injury problems that most teams would struggle with but were still in contention at the end of November. We sacked our coach and now have a Director of Football whose forte is youth development seemingly taking charge along with a coach who was an assistant and is only interim. Where is his incentive to give his all even if he has ability? Whilst I am as disappointed as the next fan on the way we are playing I agree that there is no way that the players are not trying. Somebody is coaching them this way in the name of teaching a new style or whatever. The blame lies with those who are running this club quite incompetently in my opinion.

It appears that Ray McKinnon did not think that a squad containing Murray, Quitongo and Baynham was good enough to challenge for the Division One Championship. No one could really have anticipated the prolonged absence of all three players. Without them, the team is fairly toothless. It's true that Queen's made a good start to the season but the other sides quickly learned how to combat our style of play. The aim this season was to consolidate and progress the commercial, community and Academy aspects of the club. Opinions will vary as to the extent to which these objectives have been achieved.

37 minutes ago, I Zingari said:

It appears that Ray McKinnon did not think that a squad containing Murray, Quitongo and Baynham was good enough to challenge for the Division One Championship. No one could really have anticipated the prolonged absence of all three players. Without them, the team is fairly toothless. It's true that Queen's made a good start to the season but the other sides quickly learned how to combat our style of play. The aim this season was to consolidate and progress the commercial, community and Academy aspects of the club. Opinions will vary as to the extent to which these objectives have been achieved.

Murray, Quitongo and Peter Grant all had serious and long-term injuries prior to coming to Queen’s Park. Baynham is a different case, no further comment. The notion that all three wouldn’t have problems for 2-3 years was blinkered and fitness problems most certainly could have been anticipated. McKinnon would argue it helped us get promotion, which was phase 1.

Whilst there’s still some legacy from his days, Grant hasn’t played at all this season, Quitongo less than a game spread over a few matches and Murray has been posted missing, in mind and/or body, since he got married. Has had two starts since October, none this year. None of these guys, nor Baynham, have had any impact on our performances for months. Laurie Ellis hasn’t been around for seven weeks. Beuker has no touchline experience to speak of. Potter is an out-of-work assistant who was brought in to keep a foot in the threshold for Jack Ross. Half the team are loanees.

You can try and mask it all you like but all of these dots are connected. A complete lack of planning and leadership and sense of real direction, not the PowerPoint version, since we switched to professional status. If the creators of this doom had the decency and respect to offer the fans a decent explanation of how it’ll get better I’m certain all fans would move forward with that. But to keep ploughing through dark waters while the band plays on and a big iceberg is hanging out the side of your boat is ridiculous. 

I'm as disappointed as everyone else by some of the performances but some fans need to get a grip. Sounded to me like they couldn't wait for things to go wrong yesterday so they could have a go at the team.

The sense of entitlement by them is pissing me off more than the team's performance these days. Try supporting the team on the pitch - you never know it might just help them.

Play offs in our hands and unbeaten so far in 2022. If that's the worse some of you have seen you must have witnessed different teams than me over the years.

5 hours ago, I Zingari said:

It was widely recognised at the start of the season that the squad wasn't good enough to win Division One.

Someone should have told our CEO during her media tour when she was talking about top flight football.