EF v QP

1 hour ago, WhoAmI said:

Maybe the bald one is Beuker cos with a name like that he must be foreign which is why you couldn’t understand what he was saying. Who the f…. Is he anyway and where did he come from?

That's a wee bit racist to be honest. 

In fact, that's a big bit racist. 

Edited by Cosmic Joe

Why D'Arcy? Why Doyle? 
I think the manager got it wrong today and presumably by the looks of it was not prepared to go for the win which resulted in the usual frustrating poor final 15mins.
Mental Og - missed penalty - hit woodwork. 

I don't think Moore for Doyle was a defensive move but agree that subs didn't help. I actually thought Thomson was coming onto a game when he was hooked and Reid was disappointing in his place gave the ball away cheaply a couple of times

Three times I've seen EF this season, and to be honest they don't look the worst team in the league. Perhaps we just play to their strengths. Having no serious goal threat means we have spells of attractive passing football that don't amount to much. We also have spells in every game where we look totally rattled (the first 20 mins today we were shocking). BridgeofWeirdo is right with his comments, Brown's goal was wonderful, but that is fifteen draws. We are consistently inconsistent.

Stating the obvious maybe to say we should be doing better than this, but today is the turning point for me in realising fully that it's too big a re-build required to even contemplate sneaking up through the play-offs. Promotion this season is not only unlikely, but undesirable.

If we manage to sneak into the playoffs this absolute shitshow of a team will probably end up drawing their way to promotion
Shit show, disgrace and booing your own team off the park [emoji848]underperforming, disappointing and incredibly frustrating yes but bit of perspective we're 4th in L1 and still in the play off hunt which is much preferable to fighting for survival in L2
If we had a decent striker like Megginson or dare I say Goodwillie at least half of these draws would be converted into wins and we'd be up there challenging Cove.
Not sure I understand our loan policy tho why we developing players from other teams when likes of Biggar and Gillies not getting a look in? The only loan player I'd try and sign up would be Conor Smith but assume he'll be heading back to Hearts?

5 hours ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

Shit show, disgrace and booing your own team off the park emoji848.pngunderperforming, disappointing and incredibly frustrating yes but bit of perspective we're 4th in L1 and still in the play off hunt which is much preferable to fighting for survival in L2
If we had a decent striker like Megginson or dare I say Goodwillie at least half of these draws would be converted into wins and we'd be up there challenging Cove.
Not sure I understand our loan policy tho why we developing players from other teams when likes of Biggar and Gillies not getting a look in? The only loan player I'd try and sign up would be Conor Smith but assume he'll be heading back to Hearts?

A not unreasonable point of view, but the simple fact is the team is wildly underperforming, and at times many of them look borderline disinterested.

Nobody is arguing that competing for 9th place in League 2 would be better than this, but our expectations have shifted (for good reason) and 3 wins in our last 19 matches is horrendous form no matter how you look at it

Regarding Conor Smith, as far as I'm aware he's actually out of contract at Hearts this summer. I think he'd be worth a contract too in what I suspect and hope will be a vastly different squad next season, whether we achieve promotion or not.

Edited by Zanetti

Connor Smith is exactly the type of player that we need more of attack-wise. He is good with the ball at his feet and has pace and is not scared to run at the opposition --- can cross a ball also ---if only there was someone to connect with... . If available signing him would imo be a step in the right direction.

Need a gaffer soon that has the ability to put some fire in the bellies of the squad.

2 hours ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

Shit show, disgrace and booing your own team off the park emoji848.pngunderperforming, disappointing and incredibly frustrating yes but bit of perspective we're 4th in L1 and still in the play off hunt which is much preferable to fighting for survival in L2

That’s irrelevant though, isn’t it. We’re not amateur anymore. Fans cheering at John Carter types chasing loose balls all day and playing for the sake of the game isn’t the set up anymore. Players are getting good money and that’s a risk to QPFC. Fans expectations have changed, and rightly so. Time to realise what’s going on. 

I’m struggling to get used to this Billy big time theme from queens supporters. They have had 3 attempts to beat the poorest East Fife team in a while and failed miserably on each occasion. Just because your flinging stupid money at a full time set up doesn’t mean part time teams just going to role over because the mighty Queens are coming to town. I don’t know who is footing the bill for all this but it sure looks like money down the pan. 

16 minutes ago, fifer67 said:

I’m struggling to get used to this Billy big time theme from queens supporters. They have had 3 attempts to beat the poorest East Fife team in a while and failed miserably on each occasion. Just because your flinging stupid money at a full time set up doesn’t mean part time teams just going to role over because the mighty Queens are coming to town. I don’t know who is footing the bill for all this but it sure looks like money down the pan. 

This seems just a jumble of words. What exactly are you saying? East Fife are the worst team in the league by league position, and we haven't beaten them with the resources we have. Pretty much what the QP fans are saying, Hardly Billy Big-time from 'queens supporters'.

8 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

This seems just a jumble of words. What exactly are you saying? East Fife are the worst team in the league by league position, and we haven't beaten them with the resources we have. Pretty much what the QP fans are saying, Hardly Billy Big-time from 'queens supporters'.

The sense of entitlement by some Queens posters on here even one poster suggesting you play your reserve team in Methil yesterday and save your super stars for a game against Montrose next week. Think you should be called Royal Queens Park. 

I have consistently said I don't think East Fife will be relegated or are they the worst team in the league.  We have had an awful time with injuries and that's starting to get better now. I actually thought Queens Park weren't too bad a team. Like us however they need a consistent  goal scorer. Also would benefit from a less comedian goalkeeper 

I have consistently said I don't think East Fife will be relegated or are they the worst team in the league.  We have had an awful time with injuries and that's starting to get better now. I actually thought Queens Park weren't too bad a team. Like us however they need a consistent  goal scorer. Also would benefit from a less comedian goalkeeper 
Calum Ferrie has been excellent for us his first real mistake although obviously an absolute howler [emoji2357]

8 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Queen's have spent an eye-watering amount of money on a squad of the lower leagues most overpaid shitebags. I'd be raging as well if I was them.

Thank you! 👏

But according to more than a few bootlickers in our support, we used to be a mid table League 2 team so are not allowed to be angry that with a full time professional (😂) squad, we have won 7 (SEVEN) games all season. 

The players must've been pissing themselves laughing in the changing rooms after the game in disbelief that there were QP fans who applauded them off the park. I’m not for a minute condoning personal abuse, but they need a collective boot up the arse and made aware that it just isn’t good enough! Yesterday wasn’t a blip or a freak result. We have been terrible for over 4 months now and more than a few of the players are picking up their wage whilst doing f**k all to deserve it.

It’s been a long, long time since there was such a disconnect between the players and the supporters. I just don’t “like” this team. Even when we were sh*te before turning pro (when a lot of the players we had legitimately weren’t good enough) we had guys playing who knew their limits but would put in 100% and the fans could see and respect that. This bunch of chancers just can’t be arsed. “Shitebags” is the perfect description.