St Mirren next permanent manager version 2022

1 hour ago, Sonam said:

Did fine at Norwich though and bound to have excellent player contacts. I reckon he'd do well. 

He did exceptionally well at Norwich - 2 successive promotions and then kept them in the Premiership.

Achieved success at Wycombe as well, the first time a 4th tier side had reached the League Cup Semi in 30 years, knocking out 2 Premiership sides and reached the play offs.

Wasn’t a success at Aston Villa but wasn’t a failure either, no worse than they’ve been for years. Short term stints at Blackburn, Wolves & Stoke, in struggling situations.

He failed at Ipswich undoubtedly.

Jack Ross has been sacked twice since he left St Mirren. He did well in his stint with us last time but then, Lambert was a spectacular success at Norwich.

Lambert may fancy a chance of coming home at this stage in his career and might look at what Steve Clarke achieved at Killie and reckon he could emulate that.

He’d certainly have a load of contacts in England and know plenty of players.

If we appointed Lambert, I’d be happy. 

1 hour ago, TheMuzekMan said:
  • Jack Ross
  • Paul Lambert
  • Derek Adams
  • Kevin Thomson
  • Paul Hartley
  • Neil Lennon
  • Callum Davidson 
  • Jim McIntyre
  • Billy Davies
  • Steven McGarry 
  • Allan McManus
  • John Kennedy
  • Barry Ferguson 
  • David Hopkin

Is this the betting list that we can expect to see whenever the club finally announces Goodwin’s departure to Aberdeen?

Its a pretty underwhelming list tbh, usual suspects on there. 

Anyone out with the top two are a no from me. 

Posted by Sweeper07 on BAWA:

So JG personal terms agreed.

Agreed terms to bring in Lee Sharp.

Agreed terms to bring in Alnwick and Langfield in the summer (if they are willing to sign for them)

Agreed terms to get JJ if he wants too.

Still resolving signing policy, budget, so it doesn't alter after he's manager all of a sudden And Brown's future up in the juggling too...

Ok.... I'm just bored waiting...

Could be an overnight now, concluding tomorrow...?

Just hope we grasp the points in these next two matches... then it'll be brighter than all this junk....

2 minutes ago, AlbionSaint said:

Posted by Sweeper07 on BAWA:

Nothing surer that the majority of this is speculation at best.

That clown hasn't ever got anything correct until it's actually been announced in the media.:lol:

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Sweeper07 has spent years on that forum pretending to be in the know.

If he gets any of this right it'll be the first time ever.

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Nothing surer that the majority of this is speculation at best.

That clown hasn't ever got anything correct until it's actually been announced in the media.:lol:

I have been on BAWA for at least a couple of years, and I didn't know who Sweeper07 was. Not doubting you, but why would someone pretend to be ITK in order to impress a bunch of folk on an internet forum? 🤣

What I really want to know, is will Goodwin be in the dugout tomorrow?

1 minute ago, AlbionSaint said:

I have been on BAWA for at least a couple of years, and I didn't know who Sweeper07 was. Not doubting you, but why would someone pretend to be ITK in order to impress a bunch of folk on an internet forum? 🤣

Who knows, but he lives in a fantasy world.

FWIW the first thing that I thought when JG was touted for the Aberdeen job, that he would take Alnwick with him, as he's an upgrade on Lewis.

2 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

He Will take more than Alnwick

Probably.

However, if they're under contract they won't be leaving for peanuts.

I'd like to think that we're petty enough to make things as awkward as possible for our departed* manager, if he raids the club.

*TBC.:rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, AlbionSaint said:

I was wondering about this. If Aberdeen can't get things over the line in time, surely Goodwin can't be in the Saints dugout regardless - his position would be untenable. It would literally be in his best interests for St Mirren to lose as they are above Aberdeen...

3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Goodwin has baws, remember he turned down us for double the money because he could see we at the time are a complete and utter shit show.

He could easily tell the sheep shaggers to ram it (I know, pun tastic)

Doubt it this time - those who should have inside info are already tweeting good luck messages to him. We will be looking for a new manager.

I wonder if Shagger Davies will throw his hat in the ring, no-one's seen him for years (unless you happen to frequent various late night adult entertainment venues).

13 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Doubt it this time - those who should have inside info are already tweeting good luck messages to him. We will be looking for a new manager.

I wonder if Shagger Davies will throw his hat in the ring, no-one's seen him for years (unless you happen to frequent various late night adult entertainment venues).

I think you boys will go for Derek Adams.   I'm going to smash a wager on it if Goodwin leaves, still thinking he will tell Aberdeen to bolt though. 

11 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

I’d be okay with Derek Adams as well 

Derek Adams by all accounts is a total fanny. I don't see either Goodwin or Ross fighting their players at half time. His managerial record isn't that great either.