St Mirren next permanent manager version 2022

5 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Said it in the Aberdeen thread, but I’ve always had the impression Lambert thinks he’s too good to manage up here

Edit: I also don’t particularly rate him as a manager 

Arguably our worst manager ever.

6 hours ago, Lola montez said:

Goody will no doubt be in red come the end of the day and he goes with my thanks but not so much good luck, maybe the after the Dons gig. Onto the next one which hopefully will be seen as a great opportunity seeing as we’re in a good position league and 

Paul Lambert is out of work ex player played 225 could you get him can you afford him?

2 minutes ago, ken es said:

No offence buddies sorry you lost yer gaffer to us.

We as a club under narcissist Cormack are a mess and our demise can be traced back to when the pr@ck took over.

Good luck to Goodwin he really will need it, seems a decent bloke but i think he is badly handicapped with  an inexperienced DOF (cormack hand picked yes man) and Data Dave calling the shots.

Ah well if as i suspect he ends up sacked 18months down the line at least he will have swelled his bank account.

Bit meh about it all ,not excited in the slightest and Cormack is to blame for my apathy.

This season will be my last as a season ticket holder in any case, my son and mates also not renewing. 

Cormack has really f@cked it up big time and we have had enough of his lies.

Goodluck Jim don't burn yer bridges with Saints.

Are you related to @Jacksgranda?

4 minutes ago, ken es said:

No offence buddies sorry you lost yer gaffer to us.

We as a club under narcissist Cormack are a mess and our demise can be traced back to when the pr@ck took over.

Good luck to Goodwin he really will need it, seems a decent bloke but i think he is badly handicapped with  an inexperienced DOF (cormack hand picked yes man) and Data Dave calling the shots.

Ah well if as i suspect he ends up sacked 18months down the line at least he will have swelled his bank account.

Bit meh about it all ,not excited in the slightest and Cormack is to blame for my apathy.

This season will be my last as a season ticket holder in any case, my son and mates also not renewing. 

Cormack has really f@cked it up big time and we have had enough of his lies.

Goodluck Jim don't burn yer bridges with Saints.

Wtf is this?

Just now, Lex said:

This was the table when he was appointed:

image.png.7f2491c0669b35de8e07c58745c484d7.png

Things did get a lot worse right after he joined, as your table shows. 

As I said, he was stuck with the absolute dross that Alex Rae had signed. 

January came around, 10 in, 10 out. 7 wins, only 3 defeats. 

Also the standard of player that Jack managed to bring in that window was brilliant, McGinn, Eckersley, Cammy Smith etc. 786ED29C-304B-4839-827D-E3AB9C6CB459.thumb.jpeg.2590ba925a7c780d0d19cc2f71f07fd0.jpeg

42 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Where have you heard that? Not doubting you, just clamouring for positive info. 

My son is mates with a st Mirren youth player and spotted Lambert at the club. Obviously can't be 100% certain but does look like your talking to him.

11 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Lambert might be a "name" but his management record is pretty poor.

An expensive disaster waiting to happen IMO.

Didn't we learn anything from the appointment of the incompetent clown that followed Jack Ross?

11 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Did fine at Norwich though and bound to have excellent player contacts. I reckon he'd do well. 

He did, however was poor in some of his later gigs. I just looked at his wiki page though and to be fair his overall record is better than I thought.

Just not sure about it, could either be great or an unmitigated disaster, if it is him I wonder if he'll bring in Norrie as his assistant like he always said he would?

Have a read of the squad he inherited, that was a top end championship squad minimum. The fact that we ended up going into the last game of the season with relegation to the third tier a very real possibility was an absolute disgrace tbh. Thankfully Hibs had already won the league and were on the beach and we got the point we needed. 
It was a disgrace but it was absolutely not down to Jack Ross.

• Jack Ross
  • Paul Lambert
  • Derek Adams
  • Kevin Thomson
  • Paul Hartley
  • Neil Lennon
  • Callum Davidson 
  • Jim McIntyre
  • Billy Davies
  • Steven McGarry 
  • Allan McManus
  • John Kennedy
  • Barry Ferguson 
  • David Hopkin

Is this the betting list that we can expect to see whenever the club finally announces Goodwin’s departure to Aberdeen?

Its a pretty underwhelming list tbh, usual suspects on there.