Dundee v St Mirren 23/2/22

21 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Davie Martin was also involved with the other club I mentioned. The one that's still open, next to the big church. 

The one I’m meaning is sat at the end of a row of shops on the same side as the Spar and Chinese. Was a boozer across the road from it as well but I can’t mind the name of it. 

7 minutes ago, Saint Shug said:

The one I’m meaning is sat at the end of a row of shops on the same side as the Spar and Chinese. Was a boozer across the road from it as well but I can’t mind the name of it. 

I think that might be the one I'm referring to. Was the Spar also a Post Office? The boozer would be the Albert Bar. 

8 minutes ago, Saint Shug said:

The Albert Bar is across the road, otherwise known to locals as Kiddie's after Mrs Kidd who ran it for years. The other pub you are thinking about was the Sporting Lounge (previously the Silver Tassie) which was opposite Kelly's. It's been closed for a few years now. I used to frequent a few of the bars in Lochee but now restrict myself to the Logie Club on Liff Road.

Davie Martin is what many call a loveable rogue and some of the stories that he told you would in fact be true. I know for a fact he was pretty pally with Joe Kinnear of ex Wimbledon fame.

Just now, ScottyDee1893 said:

The Albert Bar is across the road, otherwise known to locals as Kiddie's after Mrs Kidd who ran it for years. The other pub you are thinking about was the Sporting Lounge (previously the Silver Tassie) which was opposite Kelly's. It's been closed for a few years now. I used to frequent a few of the bars in Lochee but now restrict myself to the Logie Club on Liff Road.

Davie Martin is what many call a loveable rogue and some of the stories that he told you would in fact be true. I know for a fact he was pretty pally with Joe Kinnear of ex Wimbledon fame.

the sporting lounge is now the chicken club and some other food outlet.

3 hours ago, Saint Shug said:

Boy that owned it fancied himself as a bit of a scout/agent, once tried to phone Tony Fitzpatrick when I was stood speaking to him but Tony patched him. Also reckoned he was the man who discovered Jack Ross and played him in a Junior cup final at 16. Probably full of shite right enough. 

One of my old managers. Some fuckin boy, the Godfather of Lochee 🤣

12 hours ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Isnt Dens on a slight hill? 

Surely makes it ok for drainage, no? Either that or it causes one goal to hold a shitload of water. 

I'm probably oversimplifying it. 

Not a hill, a hull. Tap o’ the hull.

13 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
17 hours ago, Munoz said:
Looks like Dundee are running scared again. There was nothing wrong with the weather the last time.

It's been absolutely bucketing most of the day here.

28 degrees ... err... -2 degrees in Texas so shit weather all around.

No wonder the game was postponed. We'd all turned up to St Mirren's stadium and started lighting up flares.

Bizarre take from the Record on an article they published less than an hour ago.

20220225_223047.jpg