Dundee v St Mirren 23/2/22

We hear a lot about away grounds being 'hard places' to go but not enough about which grounds are 'easy places' to go. Since last night is likely going to be our last game at Dens for a while (or ever?), i'd like to thank Dundee FC and their fans for making their home ground such an easy place for us to go over the years.
Since 2012 we have played eight games there. Won five, drew two, lost one.  The sole defeat being a meaningless end of season tie in 2013 when Bomber's team were all but relegated and we were focussing on a cup final.  Even when they were in the top flight and we were in a Championship relegation battle in 2017, we still went up the road and dumped them out the Scottish 0-2.
If you do have a new stadium or some Ponzi style ground sharing arrangement by the next time you host us, i will miss that old place and the points it brings. Let's hope our Dundee domination of you doesn't end with the demise of Dens Park.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Keep reading comments along the lines of ‘we weren’t that great’. When have we ever been this season? We were dire when Jim persisted with 3-5-2. When he changed formation, we get a wee six or seven game run where results pick up, but they weren’t all wins. A run that seems to have convinced Cormack that Jim is the hot new kid on the managerial block. I might be wrong, but I don’t think we won any games by more than one goal, and I don’t remember many, if any, scintillating silky performances. Even in Jim’s ‘wee run’ that had Cormack on the phone to Fitzy, we had games like that spunked-away draw at home to Motherwell, and we remain Scotland’s top flight draw kings.

I’ll keep turning up hoping for that day in the league where we ‘are great’ and run out easy 3-zip winners with Ronan and Henderson looking like Xavi and Iniesta… but it’s more likely that we grind out, or shitfest, our way to 1-0s or 1-1s. Not knocking our boys, not at all. They are gritty, their effort is great, we certainly have a squad of triers, and Curtis Main. Goodwin was definitely a decent manager learning his trade at the perfect club for him, and while not off to a great start, maybe Robinson just needed a wee break to go his way, which we got last night.

Shitfest our way to a 0-1 on Saturday please. 😀

Yup, like I said elsewhere, 2 cup games against lower league opposition and 4/5 games against league teams all with their own issues - I didn't want Handsome Jim to go but I do feel that was prob'ly his peak commercial value.

12 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Like I said, Robinson must be miles ahead of McGhee?

After all, he did mastermind a last minute winner against a 2nd string, bottom of the table Dundee squad, without a manager being in the dugout.

well salty tears and all that, not that I give a f**k

13 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Keep reading comments along the lines of ‘we weren’t that great’. When have we ever been this season? We were dire when Jim persisted with 3-5-2. When he changed formation, we get a wee six or seven game run where results pick up, but they weren’t all wins. A run that seems to have convinced Cormack that Jim is the hot new kid on the managerial block. I might be wrong, but I don’t think we won any games by more than one goal, and I don’t remember many, if any, scintillating silky performances. Even in Jim’s ‘wee run’ that had Cormack on the phone to Fitzy, we had games like that spunked-away draw at home to Motherwell, and we remain Scotland’s top flight draw kings.

I’ll keep turning up hoping for that day in the league where we ‘are great’ and run out easy 3-zip winners with Ronan and Henderson looking like Xavi and Iniesta… but it’s more likely that we grind out, or shitfest, our way to 1-0s or 1-1s. Not knocking our boys, not at all. They are gritty, their effort is great, we certainly have a squad of triers, and Curtis Main. Goodwin was definitely a decent manager learning his trade at the perfect club for him, and while not off to a great start, maybe Robinson just needed a wee break to go his way, which we got last night.

Shitfest our way to a 0-1 on Saturday please. 😀

most realistic appraisel I have heard regarding the team and our NEW manager

15 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Yeah, we'd be playing like Man City with those changes.

Certainly better than fucking Dundee Violet though which is the level McGhee seems to think we are at when playing St Mirren.

On 10/03/2022 at 06:32, Sting777 said:

Lmao….Dungdee are doon!!!

You never answered. Why are Partick due money for Rudden and is there a speculated figure? 

On 10/03/2022 at 07:35, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

You Dees boys not happy with our Zak?

He's nae Wully Falconer so he's shite, IMO. 

2 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

A few of us Jags fans did say we weren't all that bothered at losing him.

I want him to do well...

We'll see how he does against you next season.