Dundee v St Mirren 23/2/22

Robinson was a minute away from getting booed off tonight, you could tell with the lack of subs as the game went on that folk were not very impressed in the stand. We should’ve been far more comfortable - Jones was not very good tonight, a rare off day. Marcus Fraser should be in that team ahead of Tait every single game. Don’t think any Saints players were particularly brilliant, good to see Brophy back. 

On 05/03/2022 at 19:24, johnnydun said:

That reminds me...

The managerial mastermind Robinson must be miles ahead of the arrogant dipstick McGhee, in terms of points won since they both returned to Scotland?

@McG, you got the stats mate?

Snoop Dogg Lol GIF

After two cancellations, to wait until the 93rd minute to win the game and kill off any faint survival hopes Dundee might have had, was absolutely top-tier trolling from Saints and I applaud that.

Obviously Dundee going down isn't as hilarious as St Johnstone getting relegated - jokes are never as funny when you've heard them several times - but sadly we had to put out own needs first. And there's a top six trophy we've got our eyes on.

Sorry Dees, good luck next season. If it helps, the Championship looks absolutely pish.

Keep reading comments along the lines of ‘we weren’t that great’. When have we ever been this season? We were dire when Jim persisted with 3-5-2. When he changed formation, we get a wee six or seven game run where results pick up, but they weren’t all wins. A run that seems to have convinced Cormack that Jim is the hot new kid on the managerial block. I might be wrong, but I don’t think we won any games by more than one goal, and I don’t remember many, if any, scintillating silky performances. Even in Jim’s ‘wee run’ that had Cormack on the phone to Fitzy, we had games like that spunked-away draw at home to Motherwell, and we remain Scotland’s top flight draw kings.

I’ll keep turning up hoping for that day in the league where we ‘are great’ and run out easy 3-zip winners with Ronan and Henderson looking like Xavi and Iniesta… but it’s more likely that we grind out, or shitfest, our way to 1-0s or 1-1s. Not knocking our boys, not at all. They are gritty, their effort is great, we certainly have a squad of triers, and Curtis Main. Goodwin was definitely a decent manager learning his trade at the perfect club for him, and while not off to a great start, maybe Robinson just needed a wee break to go his way, which we got last night.

Shitfest our way to a 0-1 on Saturday please. 😀

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Well, I'd have started with our only fit available striker tbh. I'd have also started with McGhee or even our old pal Fontaine (and you know how I feel about him) ahead of Rossi. I'd have also had Byrne on in midfield instead of McGhee.

That's quite a difference.

Yeah, we'd be playing like Man City with those changes.