Falkirk v Peterhead - 22/2/22

We should be looking bounce back after a pretty dismal performance yesterday.  Thankfully McKay will be nowhere to be seen, so I'd assume Dixon or Mills will come in. Hoping Hetherington is not in the squad but I'd settle for him being back on the bench. While I highly, highly doubt Rennie will change it (seems quite stubborn in this respect), I'd go 4 at the back and play all 3 of Dowds, Griffiths and Kabia. Bugger all to lose.

25 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

We should be looking bounce back after a pretty dismal performance yesterday.  Thankfully McKay will be nowhere to be seen, so I'd assume Dixon or Mills will come in. Hoping Hetherington is not in the squad but I'd settle for him being back on the bench. While I highly, highly doubt Rennie will change it (seems quite stubborn in this respect), I'd go 4 at the back and play all 3 of Dowds, Griffiths and Kabia. Bugger all to lose.

Hopefully both.

Kabia is a must start from what I've seen of him. Blistering pace and knows where the net is.

Peterhead will be no push over for the Bairns and it'll be the middle of the park where the challenge will be again. 

Scott Brown, Hamish Ritchie and two tricky quick wingers in Savoury and Duncan will cause problems. Really impressed with the latter two. Good business from McInally.Rusty and Niah need to start taking some chances. Goals change/win games. Peterhead doing everything but getting the final part right.

Will be watching the stream on Tuesday night

Guest Bluetoon
4 hours ago, Blue-Toon said:

We are due some luck after playing really well against Dundee and Airdrie but nothing to show for it. I am not expecting anything from this game against a full time team but you never know.

Seen McInally saying he was happy with performance after the Airdrie game but also said before the game he wanted points not plaudits. Struggling at the back imo, McDonald seems to be have an error in him most games but that usually leads to a goal. 

Not looking forward to this one. Could end up losing it by 3 goals

Not sure if Jadel Mussnhu has been recalled from his loan but honestly think McDonald needs benching. You hear the shout to everyone at the back to give him the ball but a Bobby Mann he is not, plays some decent Crossfield passes but wants far too long to do it. Can think of a couple times on Saturday he demanded the ball from the keeper and after five or six passes we had not cleared the box, another time with a freekick midway in our own half he called Andy Mc Carthy to come across & i said at the time we will not get out of our own half with this, sure a 3 yard freekick then closed down and ended up a throw for Airdrie near or corner flag. He is a good player but not as good as he thinks just does not have much competition for a place. 

Guest Bluetoon
35 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Not sure if Jadel Mussnhu has been recalled from his loan but honestly think McDonald needs benching. You hear the shout to everyone at the back to give him the ball but a Bobby Mann he is not, plays some decent Crossfield passes but wants far too long to do it. Can think of a couple times on Saturday he demanded the ball from the keeper and after five or six passes we had not cleared the box, another time with a freekick midway in our own half he called Andy Mc Carthy to come across & i said at the time we will not get out of our own half with this, sure a 3 yard freekick then closed down and ended up a throw for Airdrie near or corner flag. He is a good player but not as good as he thinks just does not have much competition for a place. 

Interesting that Jadel's and Derryns loans were both until Jan but only Derryns has been extended at Broughty. Jadel you think is still training at Raith Rovers full time. Had Jason gone off injured on Saturday we'd be really struggling with no CB to play in his place.

Agree about McDonald, he's too predictable at the moment. Always wants to launch a cross field pass. Might have to drop him when Wilson comes back

Guest Bluetoon
1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Kabia is a must start from what I've seen of him. Blistering pace and knows where the net is.

Peterhead will be no push over for the Bairns and it'll be the middle of the park where the challenge will be again. 

Scott Brown, Hamish Ritchie and two tricky quick wingers in Savoury and Duncan will cause problems. Really impressed with the latter two. Good business from McInally.Rusty and Niah need to start taking some chances. Goals change/win games. Peterhead doing everything but getting the final part right.

Will be watching the stream on Tuesday night

Savoury has been a fantastic find, but McInally has had him in centre mid recently and moved Ritchie back out to the wider areas.

Don't know why goals have dried up but certainly not through the lack of effort.

Savoury beats players easily at times but is doing it too far away to do damage would prefer if he could get himself in the box to play off the striker. Hamish seems to be coming back to form hopefully. Has been much better since Scott Brown came back to get us forward, thats where we need to be starting attacks from rather than hoping the long holywood ball comes off from the back, leave that to Charlie Adams.

Watched Peterhead against Dundee and thought they were good, and by all accounts been a bit unlucky last few games. If we get our front 3 (Im certain Rennie will play them all) firing we could win but think this’ll be a tough game for us, can see a high scoring loss 

Watched Peterhead against Dundee and thought they were good, and by all accounts been a bit unlucky last few games. If we get our front 3 (Im certain Rennie will play them all) firing we could win but think this’ll be a tough game for us, can see a high scoring loss 
I'll give you any odds you want on Peterhead winning a high scoring game.

35 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Falkirk could play without a goalie. We cant score. Simples!

I’ve put a small bet on 2-1 Falkirk.
Peterhead struggle to score goals but they won’t fail against our powderpuff defence.
Up front we have the players to score goals. Just a shame our midfield are usually too far away from our strikers to create that many chances…

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

Where is the club shop/ticket office situated at the ground. Can not buy an away ticket on the site but was told could get one at the club shop or pay in the North Stand

Turnstiles 11 & 12 in the North Stand were PATG for the away support at the Queens Park match a couple of weeks ago. Imagine it will be the same for the game tomorrow

708325504_ScreenShot2022-02-21at12_16_52.thumb.png.499aa642e3d30fab595e7d76ebdc9a4b.png

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876