Do you think premiership players read this forum? If so, would you temper your comments about them or their team?

As the title suggests...  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

I always thought you where a gid see you next Tuesday and Malpas was/is a weapon tbf. 

In the days before the no backpass rule came in, it was painful to watch him. 

At Brockville, every single time he got the ball he became Maurice Backpass. To the goalkeeper every single time. 

54 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Steve Lomas registered on We Are Perth to say how great Steve Lomas was and to slag off Derek McInnes.

:lol:

Did he do it blatantly, like his username being Steve Lomas with his picture or did he try and hide it?

Brilliant stuff either way.

10 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I don't know about that, the bbc certainly read this forum, they nicked the Spaghettihad from a Livi fan's match thread, and used it on Sportscene. 

I could be wrong but Div appearing on the BBC a few times as the Pie and Bovril lord and master is maybe greater evidence they read it than using a nickname. 

16 minutes ago, Charles Stiles said:

I could be wrong but Div appearing on the BBC a few times as the Pie and Bovril lord and master is maybe greater evidence they read it than using a nickname. 

No idea what Div looks like or who he is, but know they nicked the Spaghettihad after the Livi fan came up with it on our match thread, so that's good enough for me. And it has since been used in newspaper reports too thieving c***s not even crediting our fan for coming up with it.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

No idea what Div looks like or who he is, but know they nicked the Spaghettihad after the Livi fan came up with it on our match thread, so that's good enough for me. And it has since been used in newspaper reports too thieving c***s not even crediting our fan for coming up with it.

It wasn't a Livi fan that came up with it though? It all came about from a tweet that went viral, that's how the whole Spaghettihad thing even happened. It was nothing to do with P&B

This was the original mention of it I'm sure, then this tweet followed and went viral:

Edited by ATLIS

41 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

It wasn't a Livi fan that came up with it though? It all came about from a tweet that went viral, that's how the whole Spaghettihad thing even happened. It was nothing to do with P&B

This was the original mention of it I'm sure, then this tweet followed and went viral:

Was def on here i read it on a match thread, then it was said on Sportscene that night by Sutherland, but not going to go back years of threads trying to find it.

He also came out with El Plastico when we played Killie and that was also the title of the match thread on here.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Players are absolutely aware of this website, a few who are reasonably present on social media have directly mentioned it, others have talked about looking at online comments without directly mentioning here.  Scottish football is a small world,  It's absolutely certain if some players are aware of our presence most will have heard indirectly.  Certainly not recommended but some will press the big red button

How many folk in their 20s are really aware of forums anymore? I'm in that age range but I'd imagine I'm a bit of an odd one out, I get the impression that the general demographics of forums like this skew a bit older than that. Maybe it would have been more prevalent with the previous generation of players- about 10 years ago- but nowadays I reckon the majority that do engage with that sort of thing do so on Twitter. In general it feels like forums used to be a much bigger part of the internet than they are now. I stumbled on P&B and Steelmen Online as a teenager but apart from that its never been something I've been involved in.