Energy Prices

MuckleMoo

I saw this morning that Natwest paid their shareholders dividends yesterday, and the UK Government, who hold a 33% stake in the company, got paid a cool £190m.

Nice little earner for their Stop the Boats/Rwanda campaign.

12 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:

Same, monthly direct debit has reduced from £250 a month to £108

You must be heating a mansion.

Edited by Busta Nut

Who are you with?  British Gas seem to be after mare money, not giving me some back.  Also, my account is currently £585 in the black.

30 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Who are you with?  British Gas seem to be after mare money, not giving me some back.  Also, my account is currently £585 in the black.

British Gas are a fucking shambles.

I've posted in here before about the farce I've endured over the last couple of years with faulty smart meters (on my 2nd Electric one and 3rd Gas) and the latter still doesn't communicate properly resulting in me still having to submit monthly readings anyway. Also as a result of this my online account doesn't update properly and half of the information is 'unavailable' when you try to access it

Got an email yesterday suggesting I might want to change my DD amount. Went online to discover my account is £1600 in credit (although some of this will be due to be debited), but you can only increase your payment amount online, to decrease it you need to phone one of their hopeless call centres and wait in an hr long queue. Don't mind taking your money, giving it back - not so keen.

11 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

I've posted in here before about the farce I've endured over the last couple of years with faulty smart meters (on my 2nd Electric one and 3rd Gas) and the latter still doesn't communicate properly resulting in me still having to submit monthly readings anyway. Also as a result of this my online account doesn't update properly and half of the information is 'unavailable' when you try to access it

Got an email yesterday suggesting I might want to change my DD amount. Went online to discover my account is £1600 in credit (although some of this will be due to be debited), but you can only increase your payment amount online, to decrease it you need to phone one of their hopeless call centres and wait in an hr long queue. Don't mind taking your money, giving it back - not so keen.

Aye or be on their live chat for at least an hour waiting in a queue.  I'm determined to get that £585 back and reduce my DD as there's no way in fuck I spend £202 a month on gas and electricity.  Unless my smart meter is telling fibs.

41 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Aye or be on their live chat for at least an hour waiting in a queue.  I'm determined to get that £585 back and reduce my DD as there's no way in f**k I spend £202 a month on gas and electricity.  Unless my smart meter is telling fibs.

Tried to get on the live chat earlier and it wouldn't even load. They give Virgin a right good run for their money in the shite customer service stakes.

2 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Yes, it's such a mystery how they manage to make £Bilions of profits.........

1 hour ago, 'WellDel said:

Tried to get on the live chat earlier and it wouldn't even load. They give Virgin a right good run for their money in the shite customer service stakes.

I just spent 57 minutes on the phone with them to get my refund (46 of that in the queue) to be told the gas reading on my smart meter doesn't look right.  The conversation went like this - 

BG: Ok I can see your smart meter is giving me 2 readings 'XXXX and 'YYYY'

Me: Yes, on both your website and my app I can see that too, 'XXXX' was taken yesterday and is the latest reading and is showing in one section of my account, 'YYYY' is last months reading that shows on another section so your system hasn't updated yet, its not giving 2 readings'.

BG: Can you give me the serial number of your smart meter?

Me: (Going downstairs) It ends in 482.

BG:  That's not what I have here that must be your electricity meter.

Me:  It's a smart meter, it does both, there's only 1 meter.  You literally confirmed 5 minutes ago I have a smart meter that does both gas and electricity.

BG: Ok ill have to escalate, I can't refund you until we get your correct readings.

Me:  You have the correct readings?  Its 'XXXX'. It was taken yesterday, 27/07/23 it literally says in one section of my account?  Your system clearly hasn't updated so can you look into that please?

BG: We'll call you within 2 working days.

Me: Sound, bye.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I just spent 57 minutes on the phone with them to get my refund (46 of that in the queue) to be told the gas reading on my smart meter doesn't look right.  The conversation went like this - 

BG: Ok I can see your smart meter is giving me 2 readings 'XXXX and 'YYYY'

Me: Yes, on both your website and my app I can see that too, 'XXXX' was taken yesterday and is the latest reading and is showing in one section of my account, 'YYYY' is last months reading that shows on another section so your system hasn't updated yet, its not giving 2 readings'.

BG: Can you give me the serial number of your smart meter?

Me: (Going downstairs) It ends in 482.

BG:  That's not what I have here that must be your electricity meter.

Me:  It's a smart meter, it does both, there's only 1 meter.  You literally confirmed 5 minutes ago I have a smart meter that does both gas and electricity.

BG: Ok ill have to escalate, I can't refund you until we get your correct readings.

Me:  You have the correct readings?  Its 'XXXX'. It was taken yesterday, 27/07/23 it literally says in one section of my account?  Your system clearly hasn't updated so can you look into that please?

BG: We'll call you within 2 working days.

Me: Sound, bye.

Fucking charlatans.

I've just moved house and the account with my old provider was sitting £500 in credit after I submitted final readings and they gave me a closing statement.  They're now saying that it'll be 6-8 weeks to get my money back as they need to finalise my account prior to closing it.  They issued the closing statement within a couple of days, so the b*****ds are clearly just hoarding my cash for a couple of months.