Energy Prices

MuckleMoo

15 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

Oh and my electric bills have not gone up significantly either - and thats despite having a couple of Ukrainians living in the old part of the house (they don't do cold)

I can see why, with those outfits…

IMG_0530.thumb.jpeg.cb811c22c7eeaf61fe6608fc86a0b86a.jpeg

On 12/07/2023 at 08:31, Caledonian1 said:

Perhaps it is a lot of cost to replace radiators get new hot water tank etc (ensure radiators in every room - there wasnt before) but definitely worth it to get the RHI payments - currently they are £480 per quarter so £1920 per year and therefore £13,440 over the seven year period that they are payable. 

Vast majority of my costs for all this work and the heat pump are on the £10,000 Scottish Government loan which is repayable ovr twelve years. 

Oh and my electric bills have not gone up significantly either - and thats despite having a couple of Ukrainians living in the old part of the house (they don't do cold)

I do have a woodburner in my living room but that is only really on at weekends and when I want the room to be toasty rather than comfortable. - majority of my wood comes from debris (branches, fence posts etc) washed up after floods

RHI closed last year.

I qualified for Eco4 funding, there was not heating in the house at all,.storage heaters had been taken out and it's one of the few in street that hadn't been hooked into the mains supply.

As I had work done four after months moving in and in winter I don't have comparables. I had Solars put on as well.

You probably wouldn't make.your money back on Solars very quickly unless you had large bank and battery storage. 

I wouldn't have chosen a heat pump but it was free! I also have a cupboard at the front door accessed from outside so the tank went in there as it's bulky.

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

Anyone got a Dikin and know how to turn the anti frost and anti bac cycles back on?!

Assume you mean Daikin. You'll need to go into installer mode to change these settings.

I'm a Daikin installer, feel free to DM.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Gnash said:

You can ask for it back.  I got £600 a few weeks ago.

Aye, I know but I always think it will help come the winter. It's always there if I need it I suppose to.

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Aye, I know but I always think it will help come the winter. It's always there if I need it I suppose to.

You're letting them collect the interest on your own money in the meantime though. 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

You're letting them collect the interest on your own money in the meantime though. 

Yeah, it meant shit to me when the interest rates were basically zero but even 2.5% on it would be better in ma pocket

I saw this morning that Natwest paid their shareholders dividends yesterday, and the UK Government, who hold a 33% stake in the company, got paid a cool £190m.

Nice little earner for their Stop the Boats/Rwanda campaign.