Energy Prices

MuckleMoo

Not energy prices but cost of living.

After being all smug at ditching my TV package I added up my Prime, Disney, Netflix, Spotify and Patreon subs and it's about 60 quid a month. 

Saw a good tip on MSE which is to rotate your subs. Binge prime for 2 months cancel it and binge Netflix for 2 months etc etc . Rinse and repeat. 

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

After being all smug at ditching my TV package I added up my Prime, Disney, Netflix, Spotify and Patreon subs and it's about 60 quid a month. 

Saw a good tip on MSE which is to rotate your subs. Binge prime for 2 months cancel it and binge Netflix for 2 months etc etc . Rinse and repeat. 

Ditch them all and get IPTV

7 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Just get a VPN and torrent everything.

All the streaming shows plus you can actually watch good films.

Edited by Detournement

49 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Ditch them all and get IPTV

45 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Just get a VPN and torrent everything.

All the streaming shows plus you can actually watch good films.

I'm an old man (39) and don't understand any of this.

I have some nieces and nephews though and will request this service. 

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Here we, here we, here we fucking go!

The SNP White Paper for Independence with oil at 300 dollars a barrell is going to be class.

Faced with no gas supply from NS1 at all (from being cut off rather than cutting it off), what would you get shorter odds on happening first, the turbine being fixed, or NS2 being made operational?

Once again a "who blinks first" game of cat and mouse between the EU and Russia.

Edited by Todd_is_God

26 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Faced with no gas supply from NS1 at all (from being cut off rather than cutting it off), what would you get shorter odds on happening first, the turbine being fixed, or NS2 being made operational?

Once again a "who blinks first" game of cat and mouse between the EU and Russia.

The gas has been cut because of the oil price cap. 

An American report this week said that Russia can survive a full year without energy exports. How long can Europe handle 30% inflation and blackouts?

Edited by Detournement

5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The gas has been cut because of the oil price cut. 

An American report this week said that Russia can survive a full year without energy exports. How long can Europe handle 30% inflation and blackouts?

I know why it's been cut. I made a comment earlier about the US definitely not manipulating Europe, leaning on them to back sanctions etc, for their own gains, our leaders really do appear to lack both awareness and foresight...

FbqeUzRX0AE5BKx.jpeg

Whatever happened to European leadership - unlikely at an EU level, but possible within its supposedly sovereign nation-states? 

A continent mewling about its current energy supplier unsurprisingly playing its only card in a game of zero-sum, everyone* loses economic warfare. While gormlessly accepting an equally ruinous dependency to the United States. It's utterly pathetic. 

De Gaulle's coffin should be spinning down the Champs Elysees at the nick of his successors. 

*Apart from your benevolent imperial masters!

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I notice you've stopped quoting the Auxilone estimates for next April.

You seemed to lose interest when the figures started dropping from £7000..

Got told they weren't interesting and had no chance of becoming reality so didn't see the point.

The recent drops were very welcome, but now that NS1 is shut indefinitely watch them scream back up next week.

20 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Got told they weren't interesting and had no chance of becoming reality so didn't see the point.

The recent drops were very welcome, but now that NS1 is shut indefinitely watch them scream back up next week.

I must have been the only person that found them interesting. Especially when they start falling.

But I found this interesting as well. The World’s Energy Problem Is Far Worse Than We’re Being Told | OilPrice.com 

Currie is just another Tory scumbag who doesn't get it.

Would like to see Lewis' reply. He looks exasperated there.

Also, so fucking what if older folk had to live in houses with no central heating. Doesn't mean folk today have to suffer because folk before them did.