Gutless Shitehouses v EastFife

Well, that was pretty bad. 3-1 absolutely flattered us and East Fife were well worth a point.

We started the game ok and got a goal but really never kicked on at all from there. I thought the change to 4-3-3 would suit the players better but it was a total mess, especially in midfield. Gary Miller in particular was incredibly shit, even more so than usual. Saying that, Jacobs really gave it is all trying to out-jobber him today. Both seemed to be running in slow motion, with simple passes going astray all over the shop. There was no energy, no closing down and no tackling either. The East Fife midfield danced around them with ease time and again. We were so passive in the middle of the park it was unreal - Telfer did ok but even N'Golo Kante would struggle playing alongside those two jokers today.

Ross and Nesbitt aren't the greatest players but at least they ran about a bit when they came on which probably tipped the last 10 minutes slightly in our favour.

Given how easily East Fife were bypassing our midfield the defence was largely acceptable with the exception of ATS. I really don't know what position he's supposed to play because he's now looked terrible at both CB and LB. I don't want to see him tried at LWB or anywhere else in our starting line-up, brutal.

The 4-3-3 meant Dowds was starved of service and isolated through the middle. What exactly is he meant to do when receiving a huge punt up the park with McGuffie way out on the left touchline and Griffiths not up with play? Every 50/50 ball that broke from him was gathered easily by an East Fife midfielder.

Dixon's legs are now so gone he couldn't even get up to support Nesbitt from LB despite only being a substitute - laughable. If he's still carrying an injury then why not put McCann on instead?

There was absolutely no pace in the side and it really showed. The sooner Morrison and Kabia are back the better.

A remotely competent side would have bent us over a barrel today and the fact East Fife struggled is why they are bottom of the league.

After saying all that...the positives? McGuffie was good and easily MoTM, finally being played in his natural position after being punted both to wing back and central midfield. I was also impressed with Mills, you can see why Hull rate him. Not having to watch a Falkirk team containing either Hall or McKay was oddly soothing and the kids in the North Stand looked like they had a good time. That's probably about it other than the two moments of quality from Griffiths, putting the second goal on a plate for Watson and then buying the penalty. We might just limp in to the play-offs but it is going to be a tough watch

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

On reflection, that was probably our best performance of the season. Falkirk could not have complained if the scoreline was reversed. I'm feeling a mixture of pride and frustration, but weighed down by the realisation that we are facing one hell of a fight to avoid the drop. 

10 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

On reflection, that was probably our best performance of the season. Falkirk could not have complained if the scoreline was reversed. I'm feeling a mixture of pride and frustration, but weighed down by the realisation that we are facing one hell of a fight to avoid the drop. 

Yes, if Wallaces’ lob had gone in and Danny was not unlucky  with his wonder strike. But ifs mean nothing and we have got some form way too late in the season. We must also recognise we were playing against a team with no confidence, their midfield looked like an under 15 team and none of them have the ability to pass a ball forward. So We could of won that match, but we didn't , which is so frustrating and sums up our season. 

Yes, if Wallaces’ lob had gone in and Danny was not unlucky  with his wonder strike. But ifs mean nothing and we have got some form way too late in the season. We must also recognise we were playing against a team with no confidence, their midfield looked like an under 15 team and none of them have the ability to pass a ball forward. So We could of won that match, but we didn't , which is so frustrating and sums up our season. 
I thought EF were better the last time they got nothing at tFS.