Gran Turismo 7

Miguel Sanchez

I take it tuning up is quite important for online then? I just took a standard vehicle on for a race and more than half the grid was about 5 seconds a lap faster, my cars seem a lot slower, I didn't think I was that shite at the game. It's going to be a costly game in terms of using credits tuning up every car for an online race. 

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I take it tuning up is quite important for online then? I just took a standard vehicle on for a race and more than half the grid was about 5 seconds a lap faster, my cars seem a lot slower, I didn't think I was that shite at the game. It's going to be a costly game in terms of using credits tuning up every car for an online race. 

Pretty much. There's going to be a lot of evolution/development in Sport Mode for various reasons but it's going to be much more reliant on the car than the driver imo, and that's not a good thing. 

I'm guessing you also started from scratch with a DR E rating which you have for the first five races you do before you get put into normal matchmaking, so if you're getting beaten that badly by people at the same level then it's definitely the car. Maybe you a little bit.

1 hour ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I have all gold for the licenses, apart from the last one. It's brutal.

Can't wait to get to this one tbh, I think I've only done one license so far. 

11 hours ago, The Moonster said:

On the other hand, seems like the bullshit has started already

IMG_0366.png

7 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

On the other hand, seems like the bullshit has started already

IMG_0366.png

IMO they should keep Sport mode like GT Sport and just give you a type of car, say Gr3, let everyone choose the one they prefer and bin the tuning aspect. If folk want to tune up cars for the challenges and missions let them wire in. 

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

IMO they should keep Sport mode like GT Sport and just give you a type of car, say Gr3, let everyone choose the one they prefer and bin the tuning aspect. If folk want to tune up cars for the challenges and missions let them wire in. 

Absolutely they should. I don't know how much time you put into GT Sport but the tuning races were all meta-focused around a tune or a car. The tuning (and the parts) in GT7 seem much more varied and sophisticated but if there aren't any daily races or championship races with fixed setups PD are even dumber than I thought and they're going to ruin one of the best things Sport Mode had going for it. It's a bit hard to judge them on this in the weekend of the game's launch so hopefully there's some variety in the future.

1 hour ago, afc_36_0 said:

I had a quick google of the tracks and cars in this game and there doesn’t seem to be much new from gt sport, is it worth getting?

Yes. More tracks and cars are going to be added (which if Sport is anything to go by will be a lot) and the customisation options for cars are much better and I think the driving is much deeper and better too.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Anyone else get "an invitation to buy a very special car"?

Hide contents

Lambo for 3.2 million :o

Imagine being poor

234727444_GranTurismo7_20220307210745.thumb.jpg.818a414bbcd4da0cca48db9b187c766a.jpg

The Vulcan at 3 million-odd will have to wait until it comes up again

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

Anyone else get "an invitation to buy a very special car"?
Spoiler

Lambo for 3.2 million [emoji33]

I got invited to buy a Pagani Huayra for around 1.3m despite me only having around 200,000 credits.

Anyone would think its a ploy to get folk to buy more credits from the PS Store...

11 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

If you're still stuck and can understand Portuguese...

I've had to abandon it and go to Fuerteventura to regroup. Might seem extreme to some, but it's worth it to get them done.

Edited by Mr. Brightside

3 hours ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

I'm working my way through the licenses and have got all gold in National B and all gold in National A, right up to the hairpin test in the white NSX.  I swear to god i'm going to end up smashing my controller into a million pieces on this one.

I'm surprised so many people seem to be struggling with this one, I found A-10 much worse until I watched the demo and realised I was in the wrong gear.

For A9... watch the demo. It probably helps.

3 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm surprised so many people seem to be struggling with this one, I found A-10 much worse until I watched the demo and realised I was in the wrong gear.

For A9... watch the demo. It probably helps.

Finally managed it. I changed the ghost settings to the demo rather than my best time and turned off a load of traction control/assist stuff as it was hindering me getting the power down on the exit of the hairpin.  

I found A-10 to be much easier to get Gold 

1 minute ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

Finally managed it. I changed the ghost settings to the demo rather than my best time and turned off a load of traction control/assist stuff as it was hindering me getting the power down on the exit of the hairpin.  

I found A-10 to be much easier to get Gold 

The only driving assists you should have on are ABS (set to default) and changing the traction control depending on the car/weather. Anything else will slow you down.

9 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The only driving assists you should have on are ABS (set to default) and changing the traction control depending on the car/weather. Anything else will slow you down.

That's what I've got now, I think.  I fiddle with the traction control from test to test depending on how I'm getting on 

2 minutes ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

That's what I've got now, I think.  I fiddle with the traction control from test to test depending on how I'm getting on 

From what I've played so far pretty much any road car (except 4WD) needs it, and some race cars do. The TCS in GT7 seems to be much more effective, realistic and less restrictive than it was in GT Sport so I'm still getting used to it, but it's definitely something that can and should be used. 1 or 2 for road cars/wet, that's usually enough.