Guess the Story

BFTD

22 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Film about an evil catholic priest who allows his childhood friend to take the wrap and do time for a joint juvenile robbery. On release from prison the friend makes good through not always conventional means but subsequently devotes himself to helping a group of impressionable youngsters avoid both criminality and the priest’s unspoken but clear desire to use them to satisfy the usual priestly urges.
The friend dies and sacrifices his reputation and legacy in doing so in a final glorious effort to save the youngsters but in vain as the priest is left with a clear free run at them.
Features an early appearance by Scottish band who'd have a top 10 hit with a cover of a Honeycombs song.

Sounds a bit like "Angels With Dirty Faces" but I'm not getting the Scottish band reference if so.

Sounds a bit like "Angels With Dirty Faces" but I'm not getting the Scottish band reference if so.

Correct - the reference was to the Dead End Kids who were the young team in the film and were the Scottish band who had a top 10 hit with Have I the Right. A bit convoluted I admit.

Homicidal, xenophobic, misogynistic Scottish card and golf cheat conducts vandetta against precious metals dealer who has to resort to ever escalating methods of self defence to save his skin.
Events escalate to an endgame at a storage facility established in memory of a 16th Century homicidal, xenophobic, misogynistic Scottish religious maniac before the card and golf cheat kills the metals dealer and then commits a final sexual assault with the approval of the security services.

Ah, I'd forgotten the name of the youngsters. Band reference that immediately comes to mind for that film is Sham 69...

Yes that could have been incorporated.

Great film with a stellar cast and an awesome performance as always by Cagney. He allegedly refused to be filmed turning yellow.

6 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Homicidal, xenophobic, misogynistic Scottish card and golf cheat conducts vandetta against precious metals dealer who has to resort to ever escalating methods of self defence to save his skin.
Events escalate to an endgame at a storage facility established in memory of a 16th Century homicidal, xenophobic, misogynistic Scottish religious maniac before the card and golf cheat kills the metals dealer and then commits a final sexual assault with the approval of the security services.

This feels like a Bond movie, but I don't know them well enough 🤔

On 10/03/2022 at 00:50, Bully Wee Villa said:

Two attractive racists bicker, argue, split up, get back together and break up again for four hours.

Sunday night on P&B.

Damn, forgot the attractive part.

21 hours ago, scottsdad said:

The authorities track down a band of criminals including the son of a prominent figure. Two criminals are captured, but the rest escape.

That's not something to do with The Lord of the Rings, is it?