Scott Brown retires

10 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

I am far from a *** fan, but I do wonder if there would be the same sickening, almost unilateral arse-licking, of a similarly not particularly great player who had achieved the same with Rangers. Scott Brown is being insanely over rated on here for some reason. 😄

I am far from a *** fan, but I do wonder if there would be the same sickening, almost unilateral arse-licking, of a similarly not particularly great player who had achieved the same with St Mirren. Scott Brown is being insanely over rated on here for some reason. 😄

For what it's worth, I think Scot Brown is a p***k. But which Rangers man is retiring with ten league meals?  I suppose the closest would be someone like Barry Ferguson. Definately the same amount of shit (maybe more) Also Ferguson is a p***k 

I do 

2 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

I am far from a *** fan, but I do wonder if there would be the same sickening, almost unilateral arse-licking, of a similarly not particularly great player who had achieved the same with St Mirren. Scott Brown is being insanely over rated on here for some reason. 😄

For what it's worth, I think Scot Brown is a p***k. But which Rangers man is retiring with ten league meals?  I suppose the closest would be someone like Barry Ferguson. Definately the same amount of shit (maybe more) Also Ferguson is a p***k 

I do 

Pretty sure McCoist has 10

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'm interested that you see this as controversial.

Considering that the Scottish league, like many other smaller leagues, has lost the prestige it once had, on what basis would you consider a player who never played anywhere else, never succeeded in Europe, and never played at an international tournament eligible to be considered among Scottish football's big hitters?

Scott Brown would probably come up as a Pointless answer in most European countries if the category was Champions League captains.

It's not a question of controversy, it's a question of distinguishing opinion from fact.

The proposition that you cannot be considered a great player if you remain in Scotland is an opinion, incapable of proof. It isn't news.

Some people will think it is true, depending on things like how they define greatness, where they draw the line between great and merely good,  and their highly subjective assessment of individual players.  Others will disagree.  Personally I have no settled opinion or any interest in taking sides.  It's one of those question where anybody can believe what they like and nobody will be able to prove they're wrong.

45 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The undeniable fact is he won the vast majority of his medals in a one horse race.  Which part of that isn’t true?

To be fair you could probably say the same of Alfredo Di Stefano.  Not that I'm comparing the two players obviously but I don't think this "one horse race" argument is the killer point some people seem to imagine.

Edited by Game of throw-ins

Will always remember him being subbed on at a snowy Tony Mac Arena in the middle of Celtic's Dubai Episode. 

Comes on at 2-2 to try and edge out the game and is sent off within 3 minutes for swinging an elbow at an 18 year old guy making his debut. For everything else he's done that's how I'll always remember him in my head :D 

21 hours ago, Ulises de la Cruz said:

Scott Brown at Hibs was the box to box midfielder with fantastic pace and had great potential. Unfortunately he went to Glasgow and the rest is history, still had a good career becoming a Celtic legend but could have been so much better.

Still hates the hertz though.

Premium hibs post! Posts a Celtic goal clip against hearts! 

minter🤙

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Considering you are replying to one of those fans, red dotting posts of those fans it would suggest maybe you do? 🤣

Na,  that places far too much importance on the opinions and actions of said wallpapers. I have replied to, and reacted to more posts from supporters of other clubs. It just so happens there is a weird little enclave of mutual masturbation Celtic, Hibs and Abergreen supporters on here. 😎

13 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This thread has turned out exactly how scott would have wanted it. 

fly high and shine bright, scott xx

Not often you see the word “bright” used in connection with Scott Brown.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Let's not put Scott Brown and Barry Ferguson in the same bracket here please. 

Let's not be that stupid. 

I assume you mean because Ferguson was a far more talented footballer?