Scott Brown retires

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

No, any 'seethe' which you may detect on your 'Celtic Paranoiameter', is due to your all too typical Old Firm arrogance in demanding that all of Scottish football and its myriad fan bases accept 'Broony' as 'a legend' when he is no more than a 'Celtic legend' and, it has to be repeated, a fairly minor one at that when set against the great and the good that have graced Parkhead since the end of the nineteenth century.

Just accept that just sometimes the Old Firm do not get to dictate to the rest of Scotland who and who isn't 'a legend' and move on.

Eh? If a Hearts fan calls Skacel a ‘Legend’ he is obviously talking about him at Hearts and f**k all anywhere else. It’s that obvious you don’t always need to specify where. Going by your posts you seem quite a paranoid individual.

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Eh? If a Hearts fan calls Skacel a ‘Legend’ he is obviously talking about him at Hearts and f**k all anywhere else. It’s that obvious you don’t always need to specify where. Going by your posts you seem quite a paranoid individual.

But we aren't talking about Hearts, we are talking about the pampered, preening, entitled, arrogant Old Firm who lost the right to be given the benefit of the doubt by the rest of Scottish society sometime around 1909.  And, as I live in a country where two secterian football teams  passing around the league championship between them in perpetuity is seen not only as acceptable but as something to get excited about by our national broadcaster.......then of course I'm fucking paranoid !!!!!!!!!

18 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

But we aren't talking about Hearts, we are talking about the pampered, preening, entitled, arrogant Old Firm who lost the right to be given the benefit of the doubt by the rest of Scottish society sometime around 1909.  And, as I live in a country where two secterian football teams  passing around the league championship between them in perpetuity is seen not only as acceptable but as something to get excited about by our national broadcaster.......then of course I'm fucking paranoid !!!!!!!!!

But apart from that, you’re not seething right? 

Edit: For a laugh, how are Celtic a sectarian football team exactly?

Edited by Clown Job

16 hours ago, Ulises de la Cruz said:

Well not really because Craig Gordon done f**k all at Sunderland. 

He made the best save in English Premier League history, which isn't bad given he was injured for a lot of the time he was there. Quite clearly a vastly more talented goalkeeper than Brown was a midfielder.

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

And, as I live in a country where two secterian football teams  passing around the league championship between them in perpetuity is seen not only as acceptable but as something to get excited about by our national broadcaster.......then of course I'm fucking paranoid !!!!!!!!!

Seek help, and spell check. You have lost the plot over a guy saying a player in his team is a legend and have gone on some very strange rant. Take a step back and just think how on earth you came to this.

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

But apart from that, you’re not seething right? 

Edit: For a laugh, how are Celtic a sectarian football team exactly?

For nigh on a century they and their pals at Ibrox have gently fanned the flames of religious division on order to keep their income stream flowing. It's the Old Firm business model. However, on reflection I'm wrong and accept they're not a sectarian football club.  They are a football club that makes money on the back of sectarianism.  Not sure whether that's better or worse.

And intensely disliking the Old Firm and all they stand for is not  'seething'. It's actually very liberating . You should try it.

2 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

You are right, i detect no seething whatsoever 

And since you feel the need for me to be more specific then the above is actually sarcasm and not me being in agreement with you. Just so you are clear 👍

5 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

For nigh on a century they and their pals at Ibrox have gently fanned the flames of religious division on order to keep their income stream flowing. It's the Old Firm business model. However, on reflection I'm wrong and accept they're not a sectarian football club.  They are a football club that makes money on the back of sectarianism.  Not sure whether that's better or worse.

And intensely disliking the Old Firm and all they stand for is not  'seething'. It's actually very liberating . You should try it.

Can you please provide some examples of Celtic flaming the fans of religious divisions?

2 minutes ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

The 'genius at work' Celtic View cover was a disgrace.

Care to elaborate further please and how that is considered sectarian?

I keep seeing on this sub people make these claims about Celtic and our fans being bigots but can never back up that statement 

So I have some genuine interest.

Im just hoping it’s not straw clutching and whataboutery. 

Jock Stein famously had an anti-Catholic signing policy whilst at Celtic.

"Stein once stated that if he was offered a Catholic player and a Protestant player, he would sign the Protestant. When asked why he said: "Because I know Rangers would never sign the Catholic"

13 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Jock Stein famously had an anti-Catholic signing policy whilst at Celtic.

"Stein once stated that if he was offered a Catholic player and a Protestant player, he would sign the Protestant. When asked why he said: "Because I know Rangers would never sign the Catholic"

Ah yes, a tongue in cheek quote. The point was he could always go back and get the Catholic player later as Rangers wouldn’t touch him.

On 08/03/2022 at 19:58, Hoose Rice said:

Apologies but I feel it deserves a thread of it's own considering the player has been hugely successful playing his whole career in the name of this forum.

The first time I seen Scotty playing was against Livingston back in 2001 (or 2) he was tremendous that day from the very beginning.

This isn't a thread to just blow smoke up his arse because he made my club £5m and played in loads of games we pumped both the old firm (yes when it existed).

I feel he should have went South before Glasgow and he wasn't nearly as good a player as I thought he could have been if not moved back into a holding midfielder.

Watch the run for the second goal(against fast as feck lovenkrands) then the third again, wide right here:

And the third goal he scores here:

Fuckin commentary on this yin tae.   :lol: 

Thank you Broonie. 

So quick and skilful !!!

and a great Hibs team !!!

but he has played some good games for celtic in Europe !

Edited by Ewan8472

23 minutes ago, stressball said:

Ah yes, a tongue in cheek quote. The point was he could always go back and get the Catholic player later as Rangers wouldn’t touch him.

I don't find religious-based discrimination to be a laughing matter.

10 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Care to elaborate further please and how that is considered sectarian?

I keep seeing on this sub people make these claims about Celtic and our fans being bigots but can never back up that statement 

So I have some genuine interest.

Im just hoping it’s not straw clutching and whataboutery. 

Your fans were literally singing sectarian songs about there being ‘no more Protestants’ at Livingston just last weekend 268705B6-EA45-4486-8BB9-544EA60E7EA9.png.5c0cd56e3414956262ae33301ba095a5.png