Celtic v Rangers Scottish Cup Semi Final

4 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

I know it was 17 years ago now, but im sure you still remember 2005 season finish? Lost 2 of your last 4 games after beating us in the split

2 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

You do know we still have two possible routes to also land said 40 million HT

Both tough but doable 

one of them would even result in you having to bin your “road to Seville poster and duvet set ” 😉

The other would be the dreaded qualifiers but reaching the Europa semi has made sure we are seeded for these next season 

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

After beating us at Ibrox in 05 there was absolutely nothing from that performance that suggested celtic were going to lose 2 of their last 4 games either, but it happened, and with arguably a better and stronger team back then

Shit can happen in football, while in my head i cant see it happening as the teams facing celtic dont seem capable of doing it now, a result like yesterday can throw spanners in the works 

If county hadnt scored that last minute equaliser against us, i dont think the 3-0 trouncing at parkhead happens, celtic might still have won it, odds were they would have, but the manner of the result i think is different if we held out at county 

It’s the hope that kills you lads :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

It’s the hope that kills you lads :lol: 

I am not sure of your point ? 

are you suggesting I am in someway saying we are going to win the league ? If so read again a bit more carefully . One of my points actually states I have accepted  that we are going to finish second .

Edited by Forever_blueco

1 minute ago, Forever_blueco said:

I am not sure of your point ? 

are you suggesting I am in someway saying we are going to win the league ? If so read again a bit more carefully 

No I know what you’re saying. But it won’t happen.  The end of the road is nigh in the Europa (great run tho admittedly) and you will get pumped in the qualifiers a la Malmo.

Hearts may also win the Scottish cup. Like I said, it’s the hope that kills you.

18 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

No I know what you’re saying. But it won’t happen.  The end of the road is nigh in the Europa (great run tho admittedly) and you will get pumped in the qualifiers a la Malmo.

Hearts may also win the Scottish cup. Like I said, it’s the hope that kills you.

It sounds like your doing a lot more of the hoping than me HT with your lists of possible what if’s

And too right am gonna hope the f**k out of the Europa league . We are in the semi’s . What football fan wouldn’t in such a scenario 😂

I would like to think that the more sensible and realistic option of the Qualifiers in the summer we would be far more prepared than this seasons attempt. And so far with Gio in Europe I haven’t seen anything to suggest qualifying through the qualifiers isn’t a realistic outcome . Won’t be easy but perfectly achievable 

Edited by Forever_blueco

1 minute ago, Forever_blueco said:

It sounds like your doing a lot more of the hoping than me HT with your lists of possible what if’s

And too right am gonna hope the f**k out of the Europa league . We are in the semi’s . What football wouldn’t in such a scenario 😂

I would like to think that the more sensible and realistic option of the Qualifiers in the summer we would be far more prepared than this seasons attempt. And so far with Gio in Europe I haven’t seen anything to suggest qualifying through the qualifiers isn’t a realistic outcome 

All your scenarios are possible what ifs too though are they not?

I agree that the qualifiers in the summer are the easier option but we have seen much much better Rangers (and Celtic) teams fall at this hurdle before. You were doing well with Gerrard in Europe as well. That was his cv at the time. Won the league and doing well in Europe yet he fucked up the qualifiers of the big boy tournament. It’s 50-50. At best.

18 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Wonder how many times you've said the end is nigh in europe for us over the years, and its bit you on the arse

3 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Wonder how many times you've said the end is nigh in europe for us over the years, and its bit you on the arse

None. Nada. Zip.

I wasn’t born when you last won one. Unless you mean when you beat teams halfway through the tournament. Why would that bite me in the arse? 

The last one was the biggest laugh in modern football history what with all the rioting and that.

Edited by Henrik's tongue

11 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

All your scenarios are possible what ifs too though are they not?

I agree that the qualifiers in the summer are the easier option but we have seen much much better Rangers (and Celtic) teams fall at this hurdle before. You were doing well with Gerrard in Europe as well. That was his cv at the time. Won the league and doing well in Europe yet he fucked up the qualifiers of the big boy tournament. It’s 50-50. At best.

I think if we got Malmö last season or now in Europe we beat them 

Gerrard done well but I think in hindsight he already had one eye looking over the border early on this season . Would also explain our scraping trough ties at the beginning of the season domestically. 

again from what I have seen under Gio so far in Europe I see nothing to suggest qualifying through two rounds of qualifying stages as a seeded team is not achievable ? Perfectly aware of how difficult and nerve shredding the process is but I am willing to have a bit of faith in the guy based on his European performance so far . I could be wrong or I could be right . Will just have to wait till August to find out 

Edited by Forever_blueco

3 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

I think if we got Malmö last season or now in Europe we beat them 

Gerrard done well but I think in hindsight he already had one eye looking over the border early on this season . Would also explain our scraping trough ties at the beginning of the season domestically. 

again from what I have seen under Gio so far in Europe I see nothing to suggest qualifying through two rounds of qualifying stages as a seeded team is not achievable ? Perfectly aware of how difficult and nerve shredding the process is but I am willing to have a bit of faith in the guy based on his European performance so far 

That’s fair enough our kid.

Love you :wub:

44 minutes ago, AJF said:

You literally said that he made sure the momentum stayed with Rangers. If that's not insinuating bias I don't know what is.

That is down to opinion M8, Brother Madden made sure Celtic had no momentum in the game by his refereeing style and allowing Celtic players to be kicked it's pretty simple M8. His inconsistency with advantage being played plus stopping the play for mythical fouls was there for all to see.
Can you tell me why we had a bouncy bouncy ball on the edge of Celtic's box when again Celtic were attacking with a beautiful ball from Turnbull out to Jota?

I don’t think Madden is corrupt. In fact I sometimes think he over compensates for the fact that he used to go and watch Rangers by trying to be extra fair.

He’s just a terrible referee.

Yon Beaton though…:whistle

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

That is down to opinion M8, Brother Madden made sure Celtic had no momentum in the game by his refereeing style and allowing Celtic players to be kicked it's pretty simple M8. His inconsistency with advantage being played plus stopping the play for mythical fouls was there for all to see.
Can you tell me why we had a bouncy bouncy ball on the edge of Celtic's box when again Celtic were attacking with a beautiful ball from Turnbull out to Jota?

What is down to opinion? It's literally what you said.

Do you have a clip of that? The only drop-ball incident I can remember was from a Rangers corner and a Celtic player went down with a head knock. Rangers were in possession when the whistle blew to stop play so that's why we got the ball back. I've no idea if that is the incident you are talking about though.

You also conveniently overlook and fail to comment on the decisions that went against Rangers as if they have no relevance to you trying to prove your point.

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

I’m not entirely sure what that means but it certainly doesn’t address the point. Celtic will undoubtedly win the League again, but crowing about guaranteed CL qualification and the money that comes with it, seems a little empty given their performance in recent European competition.
Its the same well worn path of the ‘yo-yo’ clubs in the English Championship, Fulham, Norwich etc. Access to an embarrassment of riches on gaining promotion to the Premiership, but finding themselves languishing at the bottom of the pile again the following season, gasping for air.
Unable to compete at a higher level on the park despite the cash windfall, they take the parachute payment then rinse and repeat. In Celtic’s case whatever they can scoop up in the Europa League which also included a third bite at the cherry this season in the Europa Conference.

Neither does he, don't worry about it.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

What is down to opinion? It's literally what you said.

Your assumption i'm insinuating bias is not true,Brother Madden's interpretation and decision making was inept it had an adverse effect on everything Celtic were trying to do in the game,his refereeing style stop start nature never let Celtic play their game for 120 minutes.
Whether it was intentional or not it happened whether you disagree or agree.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Your assumption i'm insinuating bias is not true,Brother Madden's interpretation and decision making was inept it had an adverse effect on everything Celtic were trying to do in the game,his refereeing style stop start nature never let Celtic play their game for 120 minutes.
Whether it was intentional or not it happened whether you disagree or agree.

Surely the same applies to Rangers though? The game isn't stop start for just one team.