Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian - Scottish Cup SF

Lyle Lanley

Surely the SFA blazers could've used a bit of common sense and let Murrayfield be the venue for this. Quite apart from the "more tickets" angle, fans are under increasing cost constraints due to rising inflation etc. Seems nuts to me making fans trek through to Weegieland when there's patently no need.

OK, I get that the final needs to be in Scottish fitba's spiritual home and all that stuff, especially with an ugly sister involved. But an Edinburgh derby semi ... come on, eh?

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Surely the SFA blazers could've used a bit of common sense and let Murrayfield be the venue for this. Quite apart from the "more tickets" angle, fans are under increasing cost constraints due to rising inflation etc. Seems nuts to me making fans trek through to Weegieland when there's patently no need.

OK, I get that the final needs to be in Scottish fitba's spiritual home and all that stuff, especially with an ugly sister involved. But an Edinburgh derby semi ... come on, eh?

Should be at Hampden. 

When we played Hibs at Hampden previously Scotrail stuck on separate trains, Hibs from Waverley and Hearts from Haymarket. Has there been any suggestion of them doing this again? Would make sense to avoid any bother.

10 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Well I don't know whether the Hearts end will sell out but all the decent seats are gone within 15 minutes gone

Did Hearts ever say how many people are eligible in Stage 1?

I know a few people were thinking of holding off to sit with mates with fewer points etc, but were unsure of the level of risk this entails.

I'm never really bothered about how good my seat is. Just want to be there.

I know a few people were thinking of holding off to sit with mates with fewer points etc, but were unsure of the level of risk this entails.
All season ticket holders anyway

5 minutes ago, Empty It said:
13 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Yeah, the issue is how many people have 120+ points but no ST. I suppose not very many.

13 minutes ago, Empty It said:
20 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

There's going to be a few people with loads of loyalty points that aren't season ticket holders but they'll be the exception 

Hearts reported going past 12,000 in August but given that they never did a press release for 13,000 it seems reasonable to assume that milestone wasn't passed this time.

So roughly half the seats will still be available for Stage 2

Top Tip for Stage 2 

If you log in early then you're placed in a virtual queue. I logged in at 9:55 and there was 800 people ahead of me

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

There's going to be a few people with loads of loyalty points that aren't season ticket holders but they'll be the exception 
Hearts reported going past 12,000 in August but given that they never did a press release for 13,000 it seems reasonable to assume that milestone wasn't passed this time.

Top Tip for Stage 2 
If you log in early then you're placed in a virtual queue. I logged in at 9:55 and there was 800 people ahead of me
I think everyone who wants a ticket will get one but as you say if you want a decent seat then that's a different story.

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:
8 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Top Tip for Stage 2 

I think everyone who wants a ticket will get one but as you say if you want a decent seat then that's a different story.

As I said earlier it's £35 to see the game, £25 to be able to say you were there

As I said earlier it's £35 to see the game, £25 to be able to say you were there
I think the more lucrative ticket is a seat on a bus, we've booked our own but I know plenty of people are scrambling looking for one.

5 minutes ago, Empty It said:
11 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I think so. Stage 2 won't be a huge number of people, as all ST holders and Superfans will be accounted for in Stage 1. I'd imagine the number of people over 40 points in neither of these categories isn't going to be huge.

A lot of people losing their minds, but we've seen this film before and everybody always gets a ticket.

I think so. Stage 2 won't be a huge number of people, as all ST holders and Superfans will be accounted for in Stage 1. I'd imagine the number of people over 40 points in neither of these categories isn't going to be huge.
A lot of people losing their minds, but we've seen this film before and everybody always gets a ticket.
Hoping so, I'm going with the other half so having to wait until general sale to get 2 together.

8 minutes ago, Empty It said:
11 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Hoping so, I'm going with the other half so having to wait until general sale to get 2 together.

I don't think you'll have a problem. I'm waiting for Stage 2 for the same reason.

Half Season Ticket marketing this year says 'Join 13,500 ST holders'. So, let's worst-case that out (in terms of public sale availability).

Let's assume Hearts sold 1,500 Half STs (No chance we did). That's 15,000.

Then let's assume there's 1,000 people with 120+ who aren't ST holders (no chance there are that many). That's 16,000.

Assume everyone eligible buys a ticket - they won't.

That leaves over 6,000 for Stage 2.

There's no chance we have anything like 6,000 people with over 40 points, below 120 points, who do not have a ST.

Plenty for public sale. I'd say worst case 4,000 or so, but in all likelihood a good bit more than that. Even if Half ST Holders count in Stage 2 rather than Stage 1, it makes no odds. Just moving numbers around. Plenty left over.

Edited by VincentGuerin

14 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I don't think you'll have a problem. I'm waiting for Stage 2 for the same reason.

Half Season Ticket marketing this year says 'Join 13,500 ST holders'. So, let's worst-case that out (in terms of public sale availability).

Let's assume Hearts sold 1,500 Half STs (No chance we did). That's 15,000.

Then let's assume there's 1,000 people with 120+ who aren't ST holders (no chance there are that many). That's 16,000.

Assume everyone eligible buys a ticket - they won't.

That leaves over 6,000 for Stage 2.

There's no chance we have anything like 6,000 people with over 40 points, below 120 points, who do not have a ST.

Plenty for public sale. I'd say worst case 4,000 or so, but in all likelihood a good bit more than that. Even if Half ST Holders count in Stage 2 rather than Stage 1, it makes no odds. Just moving numbers around. Plenty left over.

If they genuinely thought that there might be a sell out during Phase 2 then the web site would presumably qualify the details of Phase 3 something like

PHASE 1 (One ticket per qualifying account)
Who can buy? To buy in phase 1, you must either be a Season Ticket Holder OR have 120+ loyalty points 

PHASE 2 (One ticket per qualifying account)
Who can buy? Supporters with 40+ loyalty points

PHASE 3 (subject to availablity)
General Sale

But it doesn't

8 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

If they genuinely thought that there might be a sell out during Phase 2 then the web site would presumably qualify the details of Phase 3 something like

PHASE 1 (One ticket per qualifying account)
Who can buy? To buy in phase 1, you must either be a Season Ticket Holder OR have 120+ loyalty points 

PHASE 2 (One ticket per qualifying account)
Who can buy? Supporters with 40+ loyalty points

PHASE 3 (subject to availablity)
General Sale

But it doesn't

Aye. And I don't think Hearts have found a way to structure it so that a non-ST holder with 39 points might not get a ticket. There's just no way we have 22,500 fans who out-gun that in the Superfan Stakes.

If that was a possibility, they'd drop from 39 - 30, then 29 - 20, etc.

Edited by VincentGuerin