Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian - Scottish Cup SF

Lyle Lanley

1 minute ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Heard from my Jambo mate you have sold over 19,000. 

Unless anyone who doesn’t have a legit reason not to be there then this should be selling out regardless.

Hearts have never sold out a semi final allocation, but they might do so for this one - on the back of how well they are doing in the league, and their expectation that they will "smash us unto oblivion" in the next 2 matches.

I dont really give a monkeys, I have my ticket already along with people who matter, some day trippers being shitebags didnt detract from my enjoyment when we rammed it up Rangers in the LC Semi final.

My sole focus is getting a neg LFT after my bout of Covid to see the game at Tynie tomorrow then having a few pints of Schadenfreude afterwards.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

I always take these things with a pinch of salt, but just going by what's available and what sections are done it looks good.

Think it's a shame Hibs' tickets seem to have been sold in a way that looks likely to leave a big gap behind the goal. Just seems amateurish.

Building a stadium where the seats behind the goal are quite so poor is amateurish

Mind you criticising Queens Park for being amateurish seems unfair, all things considered

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Building a stadium where the seats behind the goal are quite so poor is amateurish

Mind you criticising Queens Park for being amateurish seems unfair, all things considered

I sort of understand this, but it's not something I've ever really been on-board with.

Firstly, I think people enjoy the collective moan about Hampden. It's not amazing, but it's fine, really. It's ok. I've been going sort of regularly for decades and I can't ever remember thinking 'this view is terrible!' any more than when you get an unlucky seat at any ground.

Secondly, it's not the theatre. It's a one-off game. I don't care where my seat is, and I don't really understand people getting really worked up about it. It's not about the view.

4 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I sort of understand this, but it's not something I've ever really been on-board with.

Firstly, I think people enjoy the collective moan about Hampden. It's not amazing, but it's fine, really. It's ok. I've been going sort of regularly for decades and I can't ever remember thinking 'this view is terrible!' any more than when you get an unlucky seat at any ground.

Secondly, it's not the theatre. It's a one-off game. I don't care where my seat is, and I don't really understand people getting really worked up about it. It's not about the view.

It was the idea that leaving a big gap behind the goal was the fault of the way they're selling tickets that I was addressing. 

It seemed close to suggesting that it would be a good idea to put people in shit seats instead of good ones to try and make the crowd look better on TV

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It was the idea that leaving a big gap behind the goal was the fault of the way they're selling tickets that I was addressing. 

It seemed close to suggesting that it would be a good idea to put people in shit seats instead of good ones to try and make the crowd look better on TV

Honestly, I pretty much think that.

Not just for the tv, but for the atmosphere.

Much as its fun to sell more tickets I actually enjoy Hampden more when the day trippers don't bother like Celtic in 2012.

Hard to be massively excited about tomorrow with this looming, Mckay signing up adds to the feel good factor just need a result tomorrow to keep it going. 

4 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Hearts have never sold out a semi final allocation, but they might do so for this one - on the back of how well they are doing in the league, and their expectation that they will "smash us unto oblivion" in the next 2 matches.

Paul Hartley wants a word, m8.

hibs026.jpg

hibs042.jpg

hibs048.jpg

No other club outside the Old Firm has ever filled half of Hampden for a semi-final... except the Hertz of course.

16 minutes ago, Elixir said:

No other club outside the Old Firm has ever filled half of Hampden for a semi-final... except the Hertz of course.

I am afraid thats not true mate, no club outside of Rangers and Celtic has sold out half of a Hampden semi. 

You might do it next week, but it will be the first time.

27 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I am afraid thats not true mate, no club outside of Rangers and Celtic has sold out half of a Hampden semi. 

You might do it next week, but it will be the first time.

You a wee bit visually impaired m8, or just not wanting reminded of Paul Hartley day?

11 minutes ago, Elixir said:

You a wee bit visually impaired m8, or just not wanting reminded of Paul Hartley day?

Bake Off Giggle GIF by PBS

Christ, maybe you just need to stick to the pish you post on the Covid thread...................

22 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Bake Off Giggle GIF by PBS

Christ, maybe you just need to stick to the pish you post on the Covid thread...................

Tbf, if the game was behind closed doors again it would save Hibs' blushes of failing to sell out another semi-final against Hearts, like we did in 2006.

37 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Tbf, if the game was behind closed doors again it would save Hibs' blushes of failing to sell out another semi-final against Hearts, like we did in 2006.

Did that sentence really make sense in your head?

Like I said, stick to your covid conspiracies, at least over there they dont mind your lies.

21 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Did that sentence really make sense in your head?

Like I said, stick to your covid conspiracies, at least over there they dont mind your lies.

Sorry, what 'Covid conspiracies' are these, m8? Do you enjoy lying, or are you just a massive submissive for the Scottish Government's pathetic response so seek to smear?

Hope you enjoyed today though, bud, and hopefully you enjoy seeing another sold out Hertz end next week - the same as the 2006 semi.

Hibs are going to need to apply huge levels of shithousery to win this. I am thinking a spawny goal, two nailed on penalty appeals for hearts waved away and time wasting from about 70th minute.   

only downside is a win would probably ensure Maloney doesn’t get sacked