Training to be a dentist.

8 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Each to their own but, notwithstanding the money on offer, I just couldn’t do 30/40 years repetitively fixing peoples teeth.

Once you’ve  mastered it - realistically a few months/couple of years after qualifying maybe - where do you go? Where’s the next level skill you aim for? 

I doubt you’d care given the amount of money you’d be pulling in. Then you’d maybe get some joy from teaching or something.

On a different note, my dentist is in maybe her early-mid thirties and said she still takes her washing to her mums to get done. Again for the amount of money she’ll be making she could just hire a cleaner or something to do this for her and give her mum a break.

Just now, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I doubt you’d care given the amount of money you’d be pulling in. Then you’d maybe get some joy from teaching or something.

On a different note, my dentist is in maybe her early-mid thirties and said she still takes her washing to her mums to get done. Again for the amount of money she’ll be making she could just hire a cleaner or something to do this for her and give her mum a break.

How do you know that? A dentist is literally the only person you can spend time with and not be able to have a conversation with.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

How do you know that? A dentist is literally the only person you can spend time with and not be able to have a conversation with.

Wait until you’ve been married as long as I have.

11 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

This might be a mum thing, rather than just a selfish child. I know mine would still be washing all our clothes if she could; we had a few stand-up rows about me wanting to wash my own clothes back when I was a teenager.

I had a plumbing disaster in the kitchen last month, and couldn't use the washing machine for a week. As soon as I told her, she was over with a trolley to fill full of our dirty clothes. Happiest I've seen her in ages.

12 hours ago, 101 said:

They talk,  you make gurgling mumbling sounds.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

This might be a mum thing, rather than just a selfish child. I know mine would still be washing all our clothes if she could; we had a few stand-up rows about me wanting to wash my own clothes back when I was a teenager.

I had a plumbing disaster in the kitchen last month, and couldn't use the washing machine for a week. As soon as I told her, she was over with a trolley to fill full of our dirty clothes. Happiest I've seen her in ages.

Nope, can't wait  all the washing they create isn't my responsibility!

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

This plumbing disaster... Bedsheets that had been overshat and clogged the pipe? 

We've all been there. 

49 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

This plumbing disaster... Bedsheets that had been overshat and clogged the pipe? 

We've all been there. 

No, we already established that was due to the volume of human flesh I'd been sending through the macerator. Do keep up.