Kilmarnock v Partick

On 22/03/2022 at 00:52, Cardle is Magic said:

If you’ve got the right folk with you then any ground can be a good day out tbf.

..although memories of Love Street*, Cappielow**, Ibrokes*** and Porkheid**** would suggest there are exceptions to this rule. Dundee coppers back in the seventies seemed to do their best to dampen our enthusiasm as well, although both grounds were ok once you got in. 

* Seemed on the verge of collapse whenever the wind got above "gentle breeze". Also seem to remember it being fucking freezing.

** Who would have believed it was possible to build a football ground from Lego and Meccano? Only the evolutionary throwbacks of Greenock, apparently.

*** Obvious reasons.

****Same obvious reasons, just wrapped in a different flag.

On 24/03/2022 at 11:40, WhiteRoseKillie said:

..although memories of Love Street*, Cappielow**, Ibrokes*** and Porkheid**** would suggest there are exceptions to this rule. Dundee coppers back in the seventies seemed to do their best to dampen our enthusiasm as well, although both grounds were ok once you got in. 

* Seemed on the verge of collapse whenever the wind got above "gentle breeze". Also seem to remember it being fucking freezing...

I think that away stand was in the shade.  I remember going to see a dismal game (BBC refers to it below as a "tepid affair" at Love Street, where Killie lost 1-0 to a late goal.  Anyway, beautiful summer afternoon.....absolutely shivering inside the ground.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/7379013.stm

Small bench tomorrow?

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-match-preview/assistant-managers-preview-neil-scally-26th-march-2022/

“With the games coming one after another at the moment, the guys aren’t getting much time to recover so we’re still going to be a bit light this weekend although we’ll still have a strong starting line-up out there.

“That’s why we’re looking forward to having a full week of training next week. It’ll give us a chance to get a few players back from injury and give everyone else the opportunity to recover well and then get some more consistent training in their legs.”

41 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Small bench tomorrow?

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-match-preview/assistant-managers-preview-neil-scally-26th-march-2022/

“With the games coming one after another at the moment, the guys aren’t getting much time to recover so we’re still going to be a bit light this weekend although we’ll still have a strong starting line-up out there.

“That’s why we’re looking forward to having a full week of training next week. It’ll give us a chance to get a few players back from injury and give everyone else the opportunity to recover well and then get some more consistent training in their legs.”

Quite frankly it doesn't matter who we field, we are rotten. We are falling off a cliff.

38 minutes ago, Estragon said:

I'm starting to worry that all this bad news for Partick is actually an ominous development for Killie...

I keep thinking that too. I keep thinking that Thistle can't be as bad as their last few games but my Jag mate is predicting an easy Killie win. There's one thing that we don't do this season, and that's winning easily...

the-simpsons-simpsons.gif

18 hours ago, jagfox OG said:

I heard a young lad been called up to fill the bench, Rico Diack. Forward in the youth academy apparently.

His dad, former player Iain Diack, seems to be claiming as such on Twitter.

There’s no way he can contribute as little as Alegria has the last few games, and means we shouldn’t resort to sticking a left back up there again so that’s good. 

31 minutes ago, Barney Exactly said:

I’ve just taken my seat behind the goal….it’s a lovely day.

but tell me dear readers…where are all the Kilmarnock fans?

Not exactly a stellar turnout from the Jags either.

Only Willie Collum could watch Rory McKenzie do the most cynical of shirt pulls to stop a Thistle breakaway at the death, then blooter the ball away for good measure, and think "a mere free-kick is sufficient punishment."  The most blatant booking you'll ever see, unless you are oor Wullie .

Brilliant free-kick apart, we haven't done much. Thistle must feel hard done by to be behind at the minute. We need to up our game second half.