Cost of Living Crisis

Paco

2 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Erm, I ddid address the subject at hand.. If you recall, you were whining about UK government policies. You specifically referred to the UK Government spunking money, making dodgy covid contracts & setting up an unsecured furlough scheme

I asked why you still put your faith in a system where your vote is likely to elect a Tory Government at least 5/8th of the time. You ignored my question, and answered with your thoughts on independence.

In future, I would suggest that you address the question asked, and try to set out the positive case for continuing with the current arrangement (if any!) instead of going off on a tangent.

Ahh so being deliberately obtuse is your shtick. 

Noted. 

19 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

If you vote Tory and you’re not a millionaire you’re a fucking dickhead and deserve everything you don’t get.

What if you’re a millionaire and don’t  vote Tory?

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Fixed. Cúnts, every last one, from the cúnt Johnson to the cúnts (every one of them) who voted for this shower.

I think jailing people for voting a certain way is a bit much.

3 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Of course.

Your alternative is utterly frightening and I believe Scottish Independence at this time would lead to austerity in Scotland and would be even worse for the cost of living crisis. The uncertainty and erecting borders in the UK is something we definitely don't need during covid recovery times.

I can't imagine anyone seriously educated in economics making a positive case for Independence at this current moment in time. 

I'll happily vote Labour and hope the rest of the UK sees sense. 

The Govt that you desperately wish to hang on to the coat-tails of, erected borders with 26 neighbouring countries. Scottish independence would dismantle those borders in the short-term or medium term (depending on how you view the path to EU membership). Yet the creation of one border with an isolationist country is a reason you cite for the status quo. That is some reasoning.

Also if you seriously think that remaining shackled to a corrupt Govt spunking billions that benefit an elite minority (whilst at the same time banking on using the natural resources that would sustain and support an independent Scotland), is an example of being seriously educated in economics, you are really on Titanic deck territory.    

But you know all the arguments. You see everything that is happening. And you are adamant that  the Tories remain the best answer 😂

10 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

The Govt that you desperately wish to hang on to the coat-tails of, erected borders with 26 neighbouring countries. Scottish independence would dismantle those borders in the short-term or medium term (depending on how you view the path to EU membership). Yet the creation of one border with an isolationist country is a reason you cite for the status quo. That is some reasoning.

Also if you seriously think that remaining shackled to a corrupt Govt spunking billions that benefit an elite minority (whilst at the same time banking on using the natural resources that would sustain and support an independent Scotland), is an example of being seriously educated in economics, you are really on Titanic deck territory.    

But you know all the arguments. You see everything that is happening. And you are adamant that  the Tories remain the best answer 😂

Another expert in purposefully acting dense. 

If you go back and read my post you'll see your response is misplaced and kinda all over the place. 

Absolutely stunned that someone on this section of the forum wants to go off topic and discuss Scottish Independence though. Who would have seen that coming. 

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur

1 minute ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Another expert in purposefully acting dense. 

If you go back and read my post you'll see your response is misplaced and kinda all over the place. 

Absolutely stunned that someone on this section of the forum wants to go off topic and discuss Scottish Independence though. Who would have seen that coming. 

Cost of living and the energy spike not contributed to at all by the current Government. "dense" 😂

2 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

Cost of living and the energy spike not contributed to at all by the current Government. "dense" 😂

I've made my position clear I don't support the current government. 

I would like Labour to be in charge of the UK. If you had read my initial post this would have been obvious. Stop making stuff up. 

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur

What was the name of the lad that got the banhammer? You know, the one that accused everyone of misunderstanding his posts or not picking up on his nuanced arguments (which in reality just consisted of Yoon Bingo quotes) Something like @Stormfront, if I recall correctly?

Just now, lichtgilphead said:

I am a boring old b*****d with shit patter, my wife and family hate me so I spend all my time on the politics section of pie and bovril acting passive aggressive.

Right I think this discussion has reached it's course.

It's not even remotely on topic and it's getting kinda weird and I feel a bit awkward. Feel free to DM me if you need someone to talk to. 

Just now, Albus Bulbasaur said:

I've made my position clear I don't support the current government. 

I would like Labour to be in charge of the UK. If you had read my initial post this would have been obvious. Stop making stuff up. 

Your nuanced arguments going over my head. I thought when you are talking about not wishing to create borders in the UK and talking about economic arguments, you were talking about independence. Forgive me. 

As for not supporting the current government but dreaming of Labour being in charge instead - well, most reasonable observers accept there is a fat chance of that happening. You probably realise that but plan to sit it out no doubt. Tremendous stuff.  

Just now, KingRocketman II said:

Your nuanced arguments going over my head. I thought when you are talking about not wishing to create borders in the UK and talking about economic arguments, you were talking about independence. Forgive me. 

As for not supporting the current government but dreaming of Labour being in charge instead - well, most reasonable observers accept there is a fat chance of that happening. You probably realise that but plan to sit it out no doubt. Tremendous stuff.  

I'm sure you're an excellent judge of that...

3 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Lmao nah I'm good. 

Your post doesn't negate my points at all. I believe SIndy would exacerbate both those issues. As in more borders would be a bad thing. The existence of a new border during Tory government doesn't mean additional ones wouldn't also be bad... What sort of logic is that??? 

I think you need to rethink your "so called points" and perhaps try again or better yet actually post about the subject at hand rather than going off topic for no apparant reason. I made my post about the cost of living crisis and you seem to want to discuss other issues and my personal opinion on other subjects. I'm not interested bud. 

15 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

2 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Right I think this discussion has reached it's course.

It's not even remotely on topic and it's getting kinda weird and I feel a bit awkward. Feel free to DM me if you need someone to talk to. 

😂

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I think jailing people for voting a certain way is a bit much.

There was a time I'd have agreed without thinking. Over a decade of a Government whose policies purposefully and deliberately make life less fulfilling, less healthy and in many cases shorter for an appreciable proportion of its citizens, however, lead me to believe that any support for such a regime* should share at least some responsibility for the consequences.

*Especially when these voters' own lives have seen no measurable improvement through the actions of this crew of cúnts.