Pars vs Rovers - Wed 6th April

10 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

We treated the competition with the respect it deserved and didn’t even bothering taking part.

Clearly supports a "big team" ...

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

Whens the open top bus parade emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Our success is always plagued by other events.

For example, we were prevented a bus presentation in 94 because the council put up the Christmas decorations on the lamp posts on the high Street very early.

We then opted for the Town House which was far better.

I recall that the Pars had a parade down the High Street back in the day which culminated in a display on the balcony at the City Chambers, that wouldn't happen these days as the balcony was deemed to be unsafe and merely decorative, it's a wonder that big Jock didn't perish before his time.

59 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Imagine calling someone else an idiot when you can’t even spell a simple word like ‘buses’.

Not any problem with busses.

"The plural of bus is buses. A variant plural, busses, is also given in the dictionary, but has become so rare that it seems like an error to many people."

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/plural-of-bus#:~:text=The%20plural%20of%20bus%20is,doesn%27t%20rhyme%20with%20it.

Edited by embow

Fifers arguing over literacy nuance.

When your teams were founded life expectancy was about 40, 7 year olds were down the mines and no one could read or write. Changed days - except perhaps in Cowdenbeath🙂 

1 hour ago, embow said:

Not any problem with busses.

"The plural of bus is buses. A variant plural, busses, is also given in the dictionary, but has become so rare that it seems like an error to many people."

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/plural-of-bus#:~:text=The plural of bus is,doesn't rhyme with it.

Tbf to Zen that was probably the spelling when he was a kid working down the mines.

3 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

On the actual game it’s must win for us IMO to avoid bottom two but I think it will be low or no scoring draw.

It's more or less a must win for us both; a draw would give us a slim chance but would be almost certainly bottom two for you. i'm not optimistic, Dunfermline have learned like every other team in the league that we can't match high pressing high tempo tactics that give us no time on the ball. That said, if it's still even after an hour when the pace inevitably drops I think we'll win, just like Sunday.

18 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

It's more or less a must win for us both; a draw would give us a slim chance but would be almost certainly bottom two for you. i'm not optimistic, Dunfermline have learned like every other team in the league that we can't match high pressing high tempo tactics that give us no time on the ball. That said, if it's still even after an hour when the pace inevitably drops I think we'll win, just like Sunday.

Pars get Killie (A), Ayr, Partick (A) and QoS after this, so I’d agree that to avoid ninth a Pars win is critical…but, equally, they must then also beat Ayr to maintain the quest for eighth. It’s been an amazing season for disappointment for both the Pars and Raith, but the Pars have found enough form to seemingly avoid tenth and the automatic trapdoor…can Raith find enough to get back into the playoffs?

It seems likely this won’t be a clean sheet by either side, but it’s a difficult to predict match. The Rovers can benefit from even a draw, where the Pars must win, so we’ll see which manager and team can get properly up for this get together. In the end, a somewhat tired Rovers struggle mightily, but somehow make it 2-2 at full time.