Pars vs Rovers - Wed 6th April

Yet another midweek derby 🥱

Wee team have their Mickey Mouse Cup Final next weekend but this is a very important game for us. Hard to see us avoiding the bottom two if we don’t win.

Rovers have won *one* away league game since mid-November so no reason we shouldn’t be going balls out for it.

Hughes will need to decide whether to bring back Stolarczyk or keep going with Mehmet.

I'll address the elephant in the room here whilst I'm on, it's a disgrace that an utter diddy, mickey mouse cup final takes precedence over league duties resulting in this game being played midweek. Not a single Fife derby on a Saturday all season. Shambles man.

23 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

I'll address the elephant in the room here whilst I'm on, it's a disgrace that an utter diddy, mickey mouse cup final takes precedence over league duties resulting in this game being played midweek. Not a single Fife derby on a Saturday all season. Shambles man.

They've also been 3 of the worst games of the season. 

28 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Our season is pretty much all about the cup now. Although it would be nice to not finish any worse than 5th.

Really can't understand that mindset that some of our fans have, when we are 2 points behind 4th, with that team still to play, and they are even worse than ourselves at the moment.  

Give me 4th over that cup any day of the week.

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Really can't understand that mindset that some of our fans have, when we are 2 points behind 4th, with that team still to play, and they are even worse than ourselves at the moment.  

Give me 4th over that cup any day of the week.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love us to beat the Pars at least once this season, and every place higher up the table is vital for finances. But although we are now looking a bit better, we seem to contrive to throw away wins from every conceivable position. 

I honestly see us going through the last few games with a mixture of draws and defeats. 

51 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Rapist apologists etc etc

Hope McGlynn gets booed to absolute f**k

Minus our fans giving him a boo on the first game after the debacle there's not been a peep since. Both from home and away fans. Boo away though if it helps. 

4 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Seems odd that McGlynn has come away unscathed because he - eventually - gave some meek apology.

He had no issue signing a rapist and I can’t believe he’s not been chased out of the club tbh.

There's a sliding scale in football with regards to just what football fans will put up with, in regards to how good they are at football stuff. 

If John McGlynn had the record of Locke, Smith or Yogi it would've been a convenient excuse for him to be ushered out the door, is it is he's still stinking out the Scottish championship, brilliant. 

Could you imagine Dunfermline fans chanting "Super Gav Masterton" if he'd put out as similar a meek apology? Poor show from our Fife brethren who initially looked to have there moral compass on point in the initial aftermath. 

12 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Seems odd that McGlynn has come away unscathed because he - eventually - gave some meek apology.

He had no issue signing a rapist and I can’t believe he’s not been chased out of the club tbh.

Not sure he’s unscathed, as he’s out of contract at the end of the season. Seems unlikely he’s hanging around beyond early May.

34 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Not sure he’s unscathed, as he’s out of contract at the end of the season. Seems unlikely he’s hanging around beyond early May.

If he was truly apologetic then he’d have walked.

Not sure why the Rovers’ supporters have just collectively shrugged their shoulders because Goodwillie won’t play for the team? The whole debacle cost the club a fortune and was a massive hit to their reputation. McGlynn is hugely to blame for that.

Instead, if they win the Chocolate Teapot cup next weekend he’ll be warmly cheered and lauded as a hero.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

26 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

If he was truly apologetic then he’d have walked.

Not sure why the Rovers’ supporters have just collectively shrugged their shoulders because Goodwillie won’t play for the team? The whole debacle cost the club a fortune and was a massive hit to their reputation. McGlynn is hugely to blame for that.

Instead, if they win the Chocolate Teapot cup next weekend he’ll be warmly cheered and lauded as a hero.

There are a decent number still staying away. Until the BoD either clarifies acceptably their decisions or resigns my support is limited, and until DG is gone my money stays in my pocket.

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Are the Dunfermline supporters wanting the Raith fans to stop going to games cause McGlynns still in charge?We,ve a BoD that are equally culpable still in place

Not a chance I’d be attending Pars games just now if the roles were reversed.