Pars vs Rovers - Wed 6th April

On 31/03/2022 at 22:53, Broken Algorithms said:

I can't remember when McNeil's confidence started evaporating, but it was certain visible when we played a few weeks before. A simply ball from a defender saw it bobble a few feet in front of the goal line when McNeil decided against simply hoofing it. I think it ended up out for a corner. I think we ended up drawing that game, and Tade missed a header which looked easier to score after we battled back to 2-2. It was one of those games you felt we had to win, to have a chance. 

McNeil’s confidence evaporated when he stepped on the pitch. I’ve never known a keeper to shite himself in every match 

On 31/03/2022 at 21:43, baillieinleeds said:

Nah Dunfermline shat their collective  frillies that Raith were leading the chase after Dundee’s collapse into Admin (again). Spent money they didn’t have to beat a team about to Shit the bed as per. It was funny when your lot fell for the bait. Then spent a shit ton more in the SPL or whatever it was called. The most feeble attempt at a challenge. 

Signed two players in their mid 30s who weren’t getting a game in the SPL & sold Willie Gibson for a decent sum. Then went up and stuck with almost the same squad that got us promoted, so hardly spent anything. Apart from getting all that wrong you’re not far away. 

You don’t think discussion about the Raith Rovers manager is relevant to a thread about Dunfermline vs Raith Rovers?
I can understand if you’re embarrassed that the fanbase have collectively pretended it never happened but it’s certainly a valid talking point.
If its in relation to DG then No. He isn't playing or in the squad so again No.

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:
On 31/03/2022 at 23:01, Cardle is Magic said:
You don’t think discussion about the Raith Rovers manager is relevant to a thread about Dunfermline vs Raith Rovers?
I can understand if you’re embarrassed that the fanbase have collectively pretended it never happened but it’s certainly a valid talking point.

*sweep* *sweep* *sweep*

7 hours ago, foreverarover said:
On 01/04/2022 at 01:01, Cardle is Magic said:

He was however signed by John McGlynn, the Raith Rovers manager. 

Happy for McGlynn.  He's the only one that publicly came out and faced up to the Goodwillie issue, not really sure what else he could have done in the aftermath.

He apologised, I and most others have moved on.  If some Dunfermline fans want to keep it going then good for them tbh.

40 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Happy for McGlynn.  He's the only one that publicly came out and faced up to the Goodwillie issue, not really sure what else he could have done in the aftermath.

He apologised, I and most others have moved on.  If some Dunfermline fans want to keep it going then good for them tbh.

Could've not signed a rapist in the first place because he was part of the Rovers family tbh. 

There are only three knock out cup trophies available to play for at national level and guess what?

Your Wee Team has the Wee Trophy.👍

Your lot would be just as happy if it was your day but it's not, so suck it up.

45 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Well, yes.  But it happened, and that can't be undone.

As can be said about every event ever, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that if you do something that's pretty cunty it will continue to be brought up, even if you put out a pretty gash apology. 

1 hour ago, embow said:

There are only three knock out cup trophies available to play for at national level and guess what?

Your Wee Team has the Wee Trophy.👍

Your lot would be just as happy if it was your day but it's not, so suck it up.

Nope, I wouldn’t give the slightest f**k just like every other season Dunfermline have competed in the tournament.

Until a Rovers fan mentioned the derby might get moved, I genuinely had no idea the Challenge Cup was even still running.

29 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

As can be said about every event ever, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that if you do something that's pretty cunty it will continue to be brought up, even if you put out a pretty gash apology. 

Seeing how quickly the Rovers fans have “moved on”, it’s quite clear they would have quickly accepted Goodwillie as one of their own.

It’s a real shame as the fan base responded brilliantly initially to the announcement but there is now a craven acceptance because it’s easier than taking a stand.