Pars vs Rovers - Wed 6th April

2 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
10 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:
Rovers fans were questioning whether they could ever attend another match just a couple of months ago.
Now it’s “let it go”.
Shameless.

Deflection.

Deflection from what exactly? I’ve never made a racist comment in my life.

Classic whataboutery because you’ve got no argument against the issue being discussed.

Deflection from what exactly? I’ve never made a racist comment in my life.
Classic whataboutery because you’ve got no argument against the issue being discussed.
The issue being discussed is the upcoming fixture. Hence the thread title. The issue you would like to bang on about has a dedicated thread. Why not use it?

I think you might have been one of the more infamous racists, and you've snuck back in wearing false glasses and moustache. You protest too much.

And you did poke fun at autism. Own it.

33 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

You hero-worship a rape apologist. There’s never been more embarrassing fan behaviour than that tbh.

I went to a Rovers game with a mate when I was working in Kirkcaldy and every second song mentioned the Pars - we weren’t even in the same division.

We also have a song that advises to “shoot the Falkirk scum” but as I’m not wildly autistic, I don’t take song lyrics literally.

giphy.gif

45 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

You hero-worship a rape apologist. There’s never been more embarrassing fan behaviour than that tbh.

I went to a Rovers game with a mate when I was working in Kirkcaldy and every second song mentioned the Pars - we weren’t even in the same division.

We also have a song that advises to “shoot the Falkirk scum” but as I’m not wildly autistic, I don’t take song lyrics literally.

Jings.

37 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Rovers fans were questioning whether they could ever attend another match just a couple of months ago.

Now it’s “let it go”.

Shameless.

Where does making fun of autism lie on the shameless scale, out of interest?

Wtf did autism have to do with anything that was discussed in the first place? Zero need to bring that in to the discussion!

Chocolate medals, administrations and rapists. Those are the accepted points of content.

Bed sheets, plastic pitch-melting pyro, cardboard tanks and Josh Falkingham vs Dougie Hill are also acceptable.

I’ll even throw in faulty floodlights if we’re really struggling.

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Dearie me, let it go, or get into the dedicated thread.

Tell me, are you boys still racists, getting flung out of East End for racist chants and making the papers yourselves for all the wrong reasons?

Unfortunately it is a fairly safe fact that as much as anyone might want to deny it, you can't help if idiots and arse holes support your club, and really, it's actually quite likely. Whether that be the Pars or Raith, it's a safe bet that you will have dick heads. 

All you can then ask for is that the club is run in such a way, so as when such incidents occur it's made abundantly clear they won't stand for that shit, and in that instance you'll hopefully start to realise why a racist getting thrown out of EEP, isn't something to be embarrassed about. There's allot of criticism to be levelled at Dunfermline at the moment, after all we might be playing in league one next year, however you can't criticise the running of the club with regards to its morals or ethics. 

Now a rapist getting taken into Starks, being referred to as "Part of the Rovers family" and absolutely no one leaving the club because of that? That's pretty embarrassing. To then start hero worshipping the man who done it? Ouch. Football fans are always going to be fickle, there's a sliding scale somewhere with regards to how good at football someone needs to be, for there crimes to be forgiven, and the Raith fans have evidently decided that a rape apologist is OK as a gaffer as long as he wins the challenge Cup, and for as long as that's the case, you can't tell anyone to let it go. 

10 minutes ago, smpar said:

Bed sheets, plastic pitch-melting pyro, cardboard tanks and Josh Falkingham vs Dougie Hill are also acceptable.

Can we have granny tipping?  I miss those days.

58 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Wasn’t poking fun at anything but unsurprising to see another whataboutery attempt.

Mon eh, you can't be using the term "wildly autistic", while you might not think you're poking fun, that's how it comes across. Poor. 

Maybe we were just ahead of the day in choosing to heat the pies over keeping the lights on?

7 hours ago, grumswall said:
8 hours ago, smpar said:

Maybe we were just ahead of the day in choosing to heat the pies over keeping the lights on?

Tbf I wish I could've turned the lights off during most Peter Grant performances. 

To the game tonight, I hope that it's the team that turned up against Partick after going 1 down. That was a team full of confidence, directness and could take their  chances in front of goal. Get Dom on the ball and let him run at the full back. Press the Rovers team constantly and as high up the park as possible, we were winning the ball a lot off Thistle in their own half which led to some chances and I think one goal? 

I also hope Comrie might be back in for Todd tonight. Todd has been good at right back but I think we need someone a bit more naturally placed there tonight 

Hopefully McCann is back on the bench so if we need to bring on someone up front, it's not Todorov. I apologise profoundly for advocating him to come on, he's an absolute donkey. 1 amazing chance given to him past 2 games and he's fluffed them both. The only two goals I can remember him scoring this season were one that bounced off his chest luckily, and the scuffed effort at Ayr that was so close to not crossing the line. 

Aye the Todorov signing hasn't turned out the way we hoped at all. It wouldn't surprise me for him to have a successful journeyman career at this level either but sometimes clubs and players just don't fit. This seems to be one of those times.