Hearts v Hibernian - Semi Final Rehearsal

On 02/04/2022 at 22:38, Tony Wonder said:

3pm KO on a Saturday btw. The crowd will be blazing.

I'm all for these 3pm Saturday derby games. 

Snoop Dog GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

Hibs need to win and Hearts can save their players for the following week if not fully fit.

Will they do that?

Are we looking at 0-0 again?

Hibs were missing Magennis, Mitchell, McGinn Nisbet and Doidge on Saturday through injury and Porteous through suspension.

Don't know if we have any more injuries and whether Doidge will be ready to return.

Harry Clarke improved things but the disconnect in the final third remains and makes scoring goals tough when playing against 11

Hearts were missing Baningime, Souter and Devlin at the weekend

Can't see Soutter playing in this weeks game?

Hearts fans, what other players of yours are injured/suspended and how do you think your team will approach the game in the light of the cup game next week and being home and hosed in 3rd?

Edited by Unbiased Hibee

5 minutes ago, Unbiased Hibee said:

Hibs need to win and Hearts can save their players for the following week if not fully fit.

Will they do that?

Are we looking at 0-0 again?

Hibs were missing Magennis, Mitchell, McGinn Nisbet and Doidge on Saturday through injury and Porteous through suspension.

Don't know if we have any more injuries and whether Doidge will be ready to return.

Harry Clarke improved things but the disconnect in the final third remains and makes scoring goals tough when playing against 11

Hearts were missing Baningime, Souter and Devlin at the weekend

Can't see Soutter playing in this weeks game?

Hearts fans, what other players of yours are injured/suspended and how do you think your team will approach the game in the light of the cup game next week and being home and hosed in 3rd?

On top of Beni, Souttar and Devlin, we were also missing Atkinson, Smith and GMS.  I have no idea how many of those will be available for Saturday, I assume Atkinson will be involved though.

I think we'll go full strength tbh. We might not risk anyone carrying a knock, but a win here is important for momentum and could well be the last league derby of the season. Neilson knows he's judged on these games, so knocking you out the top 6 would be something he definitely wants to achieve.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

On top of Beni, Souttar and Devlin, we were also missing Atkinson, Smith and GMS.  I have no idea how many of those will be available for Saturday, I assume Atkinson will be involved though.

I think we'll go full strength tbh. We might not risk anyone carrying a knock, but a win here is important for momentum and could well be the last league derby of the season. Neilson knows he's judged on these games, so knocking you out the top 6 would be something he definitely wants to achieve.

I am told Atkinson is good going forward but not such a good defender. Funnily enough there was an Australian guy on hibs.net saying we should sign him. 6 months later he signed for Hearts.  

I think your right, Nelson will be forced into going for it and there is no guarantee you will win the following week. Both managers in the keek if they lose twice.

The times I have watched Hearts this season the best players were the aforementioned Beningime, and Soutter as well as Kingsley with his free kicks a big factor, Boyce looking a much better player in the 10 role since the big kid from Everton came in up front and McKay.

Not being in the top 6 would be dire for me. 5 weeks of Dundee etc. Not good when you have a season ticket and can't just bail out.

Edited by Unbiased Hibee

19 minutes ago, Unbiased Hibee said:

I am told Atkinson is good going forward but not such a good defender. Funnily enough there was an Australian guy on hibs.net saying we should sign him. 6 months later he signed for Hearts.  

I think your right, Nelson will be forced into going for it and there is no guarantee you will win the following week. Both managers in the keek if they lose twice.

The times I have watched Hearts this season the best players were the aforementioned Beningime, and Soutter as well as Kingsley with his free kicks a big factor, Boyce looking a much better player in the 10 role since the big kid from Everton came in up front and McKay.

Not being in the top 6 would be dire for me. 5 weeks of Dundee etc. Not good when you have a season ticket and can't just bail out.

I think Atkinson has been alright defensively tbh. Could do better in some instances, but he's young and learning. Done enough to suggest he'll be very good long term.

12 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Be more interested in the SF as it changes nowt in the league for us!

maybe just a Monday thing!

No, I think a lot of us feel this way. Maybe different for Hibs with something to play for. But most Hearts fans I speak to think it would be nice to Bottom Six Hibs, but aren't really all that arsed.

Nobody is going to give a f**k about this game in a couple of weeks. Similar to how hardly anyone remembers that Hibs beat us in the league game right after the 4-0 semi.

5 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

No, I think a lot of us feel this way. Maybe different for Hibs with something to play for. But most Hearts fans I speak to think it would be nice to Bottom Six Hibs, but aren't really all that arsed.

Nobody is going to give a f**k about this game in a couple of weeks. Similar to how hardly anyone remembers that Hibs beat us in the league game right after the 4-0 semi.

Not true.  Great game.  Ironically the last time we played at 3pm on a Saturday in the league. 

17 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Not true.  Great game.  Ironically the last time we played at 3pm on a Saturday in the league. 

Glad you enjoyed it. Realised on Sunday discussing this that I'd had the score of that game wrong for years. I thought we'd lost 1-0. A couple of my mates thought we'd lost 2-0.

We lost 2-1.

We were all at the game.

Point is, in the context of being right next to a semi-final, nobody cares.

53 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Glad you enjoyed it. Realised on Sunday discussing this that I'd had the score of that game wrong for years. I thought we'd lost 1-0. A couple of my mates thought we'd lost 2-0.

We lost 2-1.

We were all at the game.

I think the winning team will remember it.

However I’m pretty certain this will be a draw and then Hearts will win the semi so it’ll probably be filed under the forgettable category.

In the logical scheme of things, a win in this game for Hibs is probably more important than the semi.

Neither team is likely to win the cup, so 4th and 5th spot will have European football, which is a realistic target for Hibs given how tight it is.

Literally no fucker would sacrifice the cup game for the league I would imagine, but there's a fair amount for Hibs to play for.

0-0

9 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

We lost 2-1.

We were all at the game.

That's because you lost.