Scottish Footballs new throwing fad.

Been going on since I started going/watching football, that was the mid 80's.

I'm sure the older generation on here will say it was happening before then, which it was.

As @gannonball said, and I agree, this seems to highlighted more in the media/social or main stream now.

While posting this, I thought back and now say it was much worse in the 80's.

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

We encountered a lot more of way back it in the past but there seems to be more of it now than in the recent past. Hopefully it's just a phase and it will die back down. But enough about James Blunt's music...

I'd rather get hit in the face with a nail enhanced golf ball than experience that. 

Issues with coke and away fans has been an issue in the Mallard for a long time. It's why the urinal lids were removed I thought as most Saturday nights after a home game they were just clarted in powder.

Nice of them to leave some behind for the locals.

7 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Been going on since I started going/watching football, that was the mid 80's.

I'm sure the older generation on here will say it was happening before then, which it was.

As @gannonball said, and I agree, this seems to highlighted more in the media/social or main stream now.

While posting this, I thought back and now say it was much worse in the 80's.

There was more to throw. Back then grounds were falling apart, plenty of improvised ammo was available.

On 04/04/2022 at 01:36, ATLIS said:

It's not a new thing though? Rangers cracked a linesman's head open with a coin against us a few seasons ago.

Ever tried throwing a bank card at a linesman? Fucking nightmare. Cash is king.

Cove Rangers v Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire cup semi final circa 1999

There was a terrace that was either made of sand or had a lot of sand on it, with a load of litter lying about. 

Some young kids (<10 yo) were down the front, flinging sand and plastic bottles at each other. The smallest one took a face full of sand then you could see he'd had a brilliant idea. He filled of the plastic bottles with the sand and launched it point blank at the boy who'd sanded him, right between the eyes. Biggest cheer of the afternoon from our section. 

On 04/04/2022 at 12:50, DA Baracus said:

The stuff that happened in the 80s isn't really relevant here. That sort of shite hasn't happened for decades. 

The casual stuff certainly is dead and gone but at certain clubs like mine it's pub legend and the young team seem to feel they want their own version of the stuff they missed out on like running battles with Rangers fans and jumping some poor unfortunate that has done nothing to them. I know this is a bit Faither Hibs but these eejits fuelled by their lines of gak, tonic wine and extra strength bevvy are a pain in the arse.  At a Derby at Tynie a couple of years back the Hibs and Hearts young teams were launching lit flares at each other. Not a brain cell between them. 

On Saturday one of them ripped a soap dispenser off the toilet wall and launched it at the Hearts young team. His throw was shit and it never left the Hibs end,  coming crashing down on the head of a young boy who was there with his dad, sending him off to hospital.  

Edited by AndyM

On 05/04/2022 at 12:49, Comrie said:

Issues with coke and away fans has been an issue in the Mallard for a long time. It's why the urinal lids were removed I thought as most Saturday nights after a home game they were just clarted in powder.

Does no one coat surfaces with WD40 anymore?